Nancy Pelosi's successor? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:46:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Nancy Pelosi's successor? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Nancy Pelosi's successor?  (Read 8269 times)
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« on: May 22, 2017, 10:38:32 AM »

Speaker-again Pelosi coming January 3, 2019, but if I had to chose one it would be Tim Ryan.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2017, 12:00:04 PM »

Nancy Pelosi is on the path to become Speaker once again after next year's midterms. If she becomes Speaker once again and we defeat Donald Trump in 2020, I think she'll eventually resign on a high point, particularly if Democrats win the trifecta in 2020.

Right now, I have no doubt she is the best leader for the Democratic Party in the House. I don't think we can get anyone as progressive as her for leader for a long time. A lot of us on the left need to be realistic. We have a San Francisco liberal, once part of the Congressional Progressive Caucus, as the leader of our party in the House. What do you really think we're going to get if she stands down prematurely? Obviously, the answer is corporate Dem Steny Hoyer. Do you really think we're going to get another Bay Area liberal type as the next leader? Xavier Becerra if Nancy Pelosi steps down on a high point.  Steny Hoyer if Dems fail to recapture the House
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2017, 03:24:53 PM »

Its premature to oust her in 2017, she will wait for the outcome of the House races in 2018, before deciding to retire for good.  But, Dems do have opportunities in PA, FL, Ca, NY and NY and VA where they are expected to do good on gubernatorial elections.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2017, 03:34:12 PM »

Best scenario would be her announcing now that she will retire at the beginning of the next Congress.

I presently live in CA12 she's not going anywhere, because Dems got plenty of ground, still in Latino friendly territory to make up to make her Speaker again in CA, NY, NJ, FL and TX.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2017, 03:48:29 PM »

The ramifications of GA 06, just says that there isn't a wave yet.  But, remember Dems are gonna sweep VA and NJ in the Fall and plenty of Govs in 2018 in districts where the swing districts are like VA 10, its not over, until Nov 2018.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies