I don't get it - why do I suddenly (kind of) like Nikki Haley?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 03:31:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  I don't get it - why do I suddenly (kind of) like Nikki Haley?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I don't get it - why do I suddenly (kind of) like Nikki Haley?  (Read 431 times)
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 22, 2017, 01:03:25 PM »

Somebody please remind me of all of the terrible things she did as governor that should make me not like her, because she seems to be doing a pretty strong job as US Ambassador.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2017, 01:11:16 PM »

Somebody please remind me of all of the terrible things she did as governor that should make me not like her, because she seems to be doing a pretty strong job as US Ambassador.

She led the group that pulled the confederate battle flag off the civil war memorial in columbia.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2017, 01:48:58 PM »

She led the group that pulled the confederate battle flag off the civil war memorial in columbia.

Thats a great thing, no state government should fly a flag of a group which committed Treason against our country.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2017, 02:16:52 PM »

Thats a great thing, no state government should fly a flag of a group which committed Treason against our country.

What's wrong with tree sun? It worked out great for us after 1776. It worked even better for us in 1787. Oh thats right, we only demonize secession as tree sun when the out group does it.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2017, 02:23:37 PM »

What's wrong with tree sun? It worked out great for us after 1776. It worked even better for us in 1787. Oh thats right, we only demonize secession as tree sun when the out group does it.

cause unlike the 13 colonies , the south had representation in the US government .
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2017, 04:20:39 PM »

Uh, the "treason" thing isn't the main reason why people want to have the confederate flag removed from state government property, you know.
Sumner 1868
tara gilesbie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2017, 04:45:22 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

No. A colony is not of equal power or even close with that of a state/province.

Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2017, 09:47:40 PM »

Before people harp on about secession, may I remind people, the reason that the reason the confederacy seceded is the part that is reprehensible.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2017, 09:49:46 PM »

haley is a straight-shooter in a BS-administration.

easy as that.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2017, 09:54:03 PM »

Before people harp on about secession, may I remind people, the reason that the reason the confederacy seceded is the part that is reprehensible.

Of course the reason they seceded was disgusting, reprehensible, and evil, but some people will respond with Kentucky also was a slave state so it was just not the confederacy that had slavery.So the treason aspect should end all arguments for flying that flag.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2017, 10:43:04 PM »

Of course the reason they seceded was disgusting, reprehensible, and evil, but some people will respond with Kentucky also was a slave state so it was just not the confederacy that had slavery.So the treason aspect should end all arguments for flying that flag.
Why not both? The Confederates committed treason, and also had a vile reprehensible reason for doing so. The colonies committed treason, but at least most people can understand why.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2017, 10:50:52 PM »

She's a Republican. All Republicans are complicit.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies