Amb. Haley: We "absolutely" need Russia investigation
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:29:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Amb. Haley: We "absolutely" need Russia investigation
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Amb. Haley: We "absolutely" need Russia investigation  (Read 369 times)
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 22, 2017, 01:21:07 PM »

Haley: We ‘absolutely’ need Russia investigation
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/334509-haley-we-absolutely-need-russia-investigation

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2017, 01:47:08 PM »

Key phrase is "so that the administration can get back to work", i.e. Ambassador Haley expects President Trump to be exonerated by the probe.
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2017, 01:53:50 PM »

Key phrase is "so that the administration can get back to work", i.e. Ambassador Haley expects President Trump to be exonerated by the probe.

Or more likely, Haley is using that as a fig leaf to back the probes and to get on the winning horse wherever it goes.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2017, 01:55:11 PM »

Would she really know whether or not Trump is clean from any wrongdoing? There's not much reason to believe that she's completely in the loop on that, considering Trump misleads even his closest advisers.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2017, 02:02:00 PM »

sure, but i am pretty sure, mister trump wouldn't approve her talking like that.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2017, 02:04:33 PM »

Would she really know whether or not Trump is clean from any wrongdoing? There's not much reason to believe that she's completely in the loop on that, considering Trump misleads even his closest advisers.

It doesn't matter.

Pushing for the investigation is clearly a far better move going forward. If Trump is truly innocent (ha ha) can (apparently honestly) say how shocked she was and both looks good AND gets to move up the party ladder towards the WH.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2017, 04:00:48 PM »

Haley is the rising star in this Administration and she's speaking while others are silent......she's a great messenger.
Chief Justice Keef
etr906
United States

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2017, 04:27:04 PM »

Or more likely, Haley is using that as a fig leaf to back the probes and to get on the winning horse wherever it goes.

If Trump gets impeached (unlikely, but still), I expect Pence would pick her for VP as an uncontroversial choice
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2017, 04:35:24 PM »

Another thing to consider is that if this drags out (and anything that could result in Trump leaving is very likely to drag out), Pence could theoretically become President after the new House takes office in 2019.  If the new House is D-controlled, remember that the VP-nominee needs a majority of both houses of Congress.  It would have to be someone acceptable to both parties.
I Won - Get Over It
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2017, 04:39:06 PM »

If Trump gets impeached (unlikely, but still), I expect Pence would pick her for VP as an uncontroversial choice

Pence never eats alone with another woman if his wife is not around. Can't see him choosing a female as VP...
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2017, 05:31:59 PM »

Whatever happens, does anyone really see Haley as being part of the controversy? Everything I have seen indicates that Nikki Haley is broadly popular and she should be fine regardless.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies