Which governor's mansion is the best chance for a Dem pickup in 2018?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:28:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Which governor's mansion is the best chance for a Dem pickup in 2018?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Which of these state is most likely to have a democratic governor in Feb 2019?
Vermont

New Hampshire

Massachusetts

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 39

Author Topic: Which governor's mansion is the best chance for a Dem pickup in 2018?  (Read 419 times)
LabourJersey
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 23, 2017, 07:18:30 PM »

I was thinking about New England politics, and was wondering about this. I'm genuinely unsure about this, so I was wonder what you all thought (aside from TN Vol, since we would all know his answer already)
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2017, 08:15:31 PM »

New Hamsphire
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2017, 10:16:27 PM »

New Hampshire, it's not even a question. This is actually a result of it being the most Republican of the three--in Vermont and Massachusetts, Democrats control the legislature by wide margins (veto-proof, in Massachusetts's case) and Scott and Baker are good at the balancing act they need to stay popular in their states. New Hampshire, on the other hand, has a Republican trifecta (plus the executive council) so if anything goes wrong the Republicans (including Sununu) are clearly to blame. I think Sununu is still favored because incumbents usually are, but he'll have a tough time getting re-elected.

After that I'd say Massachusetts is the most likely pickup--Setti Warren seems like a decent candidate, and Massachusetts gubernatorial elections tend to follow the national trends more than Vermont ones (Romney would have lost in 2006, for example). Maine is more likely than any of them, though.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2017, 02:19:58 AM »

Sununu is the most unpopular of the three, his state is the most Democratic (on the statewide level) and inelastic, he only won narrowly because his opponent in 2016 sucked, etc. The guy is basically DOA, especially if Stefany Shaheen runs. Likely D.

The others are all slightly favored.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2017, 05:32:00 AM »

New Hampshire. This is like asking if it's more likely to snow in New York or Texas.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies