Why are Berniecrats so obsessed with Tulsi Gabbard? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:55:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Why are Berniecrats so obsessed with Tulsi Gabbard? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why are Berniecrats so obsessed with Tulsi Gabbard?  (Read 4558 times)
Beet
Atlas Star

« on: May 24, 2017, 11:59:11 PM »

I see that she is one of 64 Democrats who signed Korean war vet John Conyers' letter urging direct negotiations with North Korea. I am heartened by her move and cautiously optimistic. Not supporting her yet, but if she wants to be a force for good in this world, I am not going to turn it down.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2017, 10:03:00 AM »

Honestly I just don't care about her anymore until she actually runs for something higher than Congress.

Well there's no federal office higher than Congress other than the presidency, and the presidency doesn't open up until 2020 at the earliest, so...
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2017, 05:05:11 PM »

As a "Berniecrat," I couldn't tell you. I notice the seemingly wide support for her as well, particularly among YouTube commenters and do not fully understand. It makes even less sense considering that Gabbard, thus far, has not given any indication that she is even interested in running.

She is popular because she does and says things that people like. People don't like PACs, so she says she won't take PAC money. People don't like NSA survelliance, so she introduces a proposal limiting it. What is so hard to understand? This should be 1+1=2, yet we have 100 Senators and 434 members of the House who don't.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies