Favorite AltRight figure?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 11, 2024, 09:55:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Favorite AltRight figure?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: ?
Mike Cernovich

Milo Yiannipoulous

Lauren Southern

Tucker Carlson

Christina Hoff Sommers

Scott Alexander

The Amazing Athiest

Sargon of Akkad

Richard Spencer

Steve Bannon

Kim DotCom

Julian Assange

Scott Adams

weev

Guccifer 2.0

Thunderf00t

JonTron

Cassie Jaye

Roosh V

Rebekah Mercer

Peter Thiel

Vladimir Putin

Someone else (post below)

None but I have a compulsion to vote

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 59

Author Topic: Favorite AltRight figure?  (Read 2345 times)
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2017, 05:00:42 PM »

Remember when the term "Alt-right" only applied to white nationalists?

I just thought it was just a mislabel of the "endarkenment" or a group of people, mostly philosophers and technologists, who either mocked consensual government and inclusive society and thought it was fun or that their toys who would eventually grow up and replace those ideas.

White nationalism was just the sexiest part of it.

By Summer of 2015 it became almost a completely white nationalist movement.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2017, 06:19:14 PM »

since when did Christina Hoff Sommers or Tucker Carlson become alt-right? trash poll.

either way voted for sommers, but carlson is good too
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2017, 06:32:47 PM »

not a single alt-right figure is worth anything
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2017, 01:05:06 AM »
« Edited: May 27, 2017, 01:07:47 AM by Sprouts Farmers Market ✘ »

Thiel and Milo of course followed up by Tucker Carlson's stylist. The rest are massive HPs
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2017, 04:20:54 PM »

Christina Hoff Summers by far on this list, but I wouldn't consider her Alt-Right by any means.

Yeah, CHS is your classic liberal feminist.  That's how she identifies herself.  I agree with her more than a lot of the third-wavers, and I definitely agree with her more than the MRA/alt-right crowd.  I don't know why CHS is frequently lumped in with the Milo types.

I agree that she's probably the least odious person on this list (although I don't know who all these people are) but she lumps herself in with the Milo types. If she didn't want to be associated with them, she wouldn't constantly make appearances with them.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2017, 04:55:53 PM »

Christina Hoff Summers by far on this list, but I wouldn't consider her Alt-Right by any means.

Yeah, CHS is your classic liberal feminist.  That's how she identifies herself.  I agree with her more than a lot of the third-wavers, and I definitely agree with her more than the MRA/alt-right crowd.  I don't know why CHS is frequently lumped in with the Milo types.

I agree that she's probably the least odious person on this list (although I don't know who all these people are) but she lumps herself in with the Milo types. If she didn't want to be associated with them, she wouldn't constantly make appearances with them.
She dares to believe that all voices - even disgusting ones like Milo - should be heard. What is wrong with that? Besides, Milo has been largely irrelevant since he got banned from Twitter.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2017, 05:01:07 PM »

uhhh does Dave Rubin count? I'm not a fan of his whole "we have to hear every single possible voice" thing but I think it does get at a point that I think is very important in that you can't and shouldn't isolate yourself from opposing opinions.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2017, 06:48:21 PM »

uhhh does Dave Rubin count? I'm not a fan of his whole "we have to hear every single possible voice" thing but I think it does get at a point that I think is very important in that you can't and shouldn't isolate yourself from opposing opinions.

Dave Rubin is repulsive.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2017, 06:58:49 PM »

She dares to believe that all voices - even disgusting ones like Milo - should be heard. What is wrong with that? Besides, Milo has been largely irrelevant since he got banned from Twitter.

Actually upon looking further it appears that she has only made one appearance with Milo Yiannopoulos and Stephen Crowder so I probably shouldn't have made that criticism. She is probably the best person on this list. However she has made some very, very flawed criticisms of modern feminism so I can't really call myself aligned with her.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2017, 07:11:38 PM »

Dave Rubin is repulsive.

yes. But this is quite a repulsive group as is.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2017, 07:27:49 PM »

All f**kwits. They can go to hell.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2017, 07:29:09 PM »

Because she frequently uses them to drive up book sales and sell lectures?
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2017, 07:30:16 PM »

As someone who has encountered the real alt-right (and, it's really scary), almost all of these people aren't in the alt-right
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #38 on: May 27, 2017, 08:17:17 PM »

Actually upon looking further it appears that she has only made one appearance with Milo Yiannopoulos and Stephen Crowder so I probably shouldn't have made that criticism. She is probably the best person on this list. However she has made some very, very flawed criticisms of modern feminism so I can't really call myself aligned with her.
I wouldn't consider her "alt-right." She's if anything an associated figure who, like people ranging from Alan Dershowitz to Roseanne Barr to the likes of Jfern, happens to have common goals from radically altered perspectives.
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #39 on: May 27, 2017, 09:12:17 PM »

Does she market to them intentionally?  There are plenty of critics of modern feminism who are otherwise very left-wing but get associated with the right because Steven Crowder and Breitbart link to their content sometimes.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #40 on: May 27, 2017, 09:45:50 PM »

Does she market to them intentionally?  There are plenty of critics of modern feminism who are otherwise very left-wing but get associated with the right because Steven Crowder and Breitbart link to their content sometimes.
She's done events with Crowder and Milo and pretty explicitly markets to them as a "good" feminist.

Is she alt right? No, probably not, but she works with them to turn a profit.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #41 on: May 27, 2017, 10:31:25 PM »

This list is every bit as dumb as I expected it to be when I saw the topic title, but I guess that is to be expected when dealing with a deliberately vague label like "alt-right".
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #42 on: May 28, 2017, 09:09:00 AM »

She's done events with Crowder and Milo and pretty explicitly markets to them as a "good" feminist.

Is she alt right? No, probably not, but she works with them to turn a profit.

Milo isn't even alt-right.  I've seen the real alt-right, and it is scary and openly racist.  Think "I love abortion because it kills more black people than white people".  Few to none of these people are like that.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies