Attention Hillary PRIMARY voters only!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 12:36:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Attention Hillary PRIMARY voters only!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: If Hillary ran again 2020, would you support her in your state's PRIMARY?
Yes

No <please name your preferred candidate below>

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 54

Author Topic: Attention Hillary PRIMARY voters only!  (Read 2971 times)
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2017, 05:03:27 PM »

I would support her if she comes out swinging mad.

EDIT: Part of me is sad that when a woman finally becomes president, it'll be probably be someone else. Even if it's a woman who's better at politics than her, who has all the positions I agree with, who is younger, who has a lot more enthusiastic rallies, and so on, it will be very sad that it's not Hillary. It feels like cultural appropriation, someone taking her place. Hillary will always be the one who cut the path through the patriarchy with her very flesh and bone, her existence, just for some other woman to walk through. Pretty disgusting, actually.
You actually believe amy female president is (basically) stealing from her efforts? Did Clinton steal from the efforts of Shirley Chisholm?

To the extent that Chisholm advanced women's status in politics, of course. Every daughter stands on the shoulders of those that went before. But Hillary really ran the gauntlet. Not just her, but her entire generation. It almost breaks my heart that some Gen X/Millenial/post-Millenial snot who went through 1/10th of the misogyny she went through may break the glass ceiling, but alas it's inevitable.

But isn't that true of everything? Obama didn't have it as bad as civil rights marchers, who didn't have it as bad as freedmen, etc.?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2017, 05:57:42 PM »

EDIT: Part of me is sad that when a woman finally becomes president, it'll be probably be someone else. Even if it's a woman who's better at politics than her, who has all the positions I agree with, who is younger, who has a lot more enthusiastic rallies, and so on, it will be very sad that it's not Hillary. It feels like cultural appropriation, someone taking her place. Hillary will always be the one who cut the path through the patriarchy with her very flesh and bone, her existence, just for some other woman to walk through. Pretty disgusting, actually.
You actually believe amy female president is (basically) stealing from her efforts? Did Clinton steal from the efforts of Shirley Chisholm?

To the extent that Chisholm advanced women's status in politics, of course. Every daughter stands on the shoulders of those that went before. But Hillary really ran the gauntlet. Not just her, but her entire generation. It almost breaks my heart that some Gen X/Millenial/post-Millenial snot who went through 1/10th of the misogyny she went through may break the glass ceiling, but alas it's inevitable.

So if Elizabeth Warren is elected, it won't be as bad because she's a fellow Boomer?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2017, 06:42:02 PM »

Women didn't have the right to vote when Victoria Woodhull ran. They're a majority of the voters today. Hillary had no excuse.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2017, 08:52:01 PM »

So if Elizabeth Warren is elected, it won't be as bad because she's a fellow Boomer?

Good point, yes I would say so.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2017, 04:47:31 AM »

The amount of people commenting yes is actually quite alarming.
hueylong
Rookie
United States

« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2017, 07:44:58 AM »

Barring some pretty exceptional circumstances, I would not.
McGovernForPrez

« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2017, 08:26:23 PM »

The amount of people commenting yes is actually quite alarming.
Some people never learn I guess.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies