WaPo: Russian amb. told Moscow that Jared wanted secret communications w Kremlin
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 02:07:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  WaPo: Russian amb. told Moscow that Jared wanted secret communications w Kremlin
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: WaPo: Russian amb. told Moscow that Jared wanted secret communications w Kremlin  (Read 4316 times)
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2017, 07:15:59 PM »

btw....the anonymous letter which was the start point for investigating about this topic was sent almost immediately after the meeting and seemed to have come from the transition team.

https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/868257153622134784

https://twitter.com/eorden/status/868257709816242177
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2017, 07:18:00 PM »

Read the last paragraphs of this.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2017, 07:20:53 PM »

I'm increasingly convinced that Kushner needs to go (even to jail). He's been toxic in the White House and it's clear that his financial ties to Russia are sketchy. He probably couldn't get much out of the old man, so he went to Russians for foreign funding of his enterprises and in return connected Russian intelligence services to elements of the campaign. That is my current theory, based on what we actually know (of course, a lot of this is "anonymous sources").

The only way he'll be removed is if he goes to jail. It'll be worth it, assuming Trump's alleged cover-up to protect his son-in-law didn't occur. If Kushner is guilty, it is likely that the President might have actually covered it up to protect his son.

I'll be damned if any actual collusion outside of Kushner assigning contacts is ever proven. And no votes were hacked, as we pretty much all agree. The obstruction of justice stuff is where the most smoke is coming from as of late.

If Kushner goes to jail, his father went to jail. How so horrible.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2017, 07:21:35 PM »

god save the senate intelligence committee, the house version is teethless and useless.
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2017, 07:21:44 PM »

I'm increasingly convinced that Kushner needs to go (even to jail). He's been toxic in the White House and it's clear that his financial ties to Russia are sketchy. He probably couldn't get much out of the old man, so he went to Russians for foreign funding of his enterprises and in return connected Russian intelligence services to elements of the campaign. That is my current theory, based on what we actually know (of course, a lot of this is "anonymous sources").

The only way he'll be removed is if he goes to jail. It'll be worth it, assuming Trump's alleged cover-up to protect his son-in-law didn't occur. If Kushner is guilty, it is likely that the President might have actually covered it up to protect his son.

I'll be damned if any actual collusion outside of Kushner assigning contacts is ever proven. And no votes were hacked, as we pretty much all agree. The obstruction of justice stuff is where the most smoke is coming from as of late.

Oh the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2017, 07:22:24 PM »

Oh the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.
Which is part of the reason I suspect Trump doesn't respect Kushner much.
SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -5.04

« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2017, 07:23:06 PM »

Some people are speculating that the Russians could be purposely spreading disinformation just to screw with us.

If the Russians put this out there as part of a disinformation campaign, then they got one heck of a lucky break when Kushner decided on his own to make the meeting seem doubly suspicious by "accidentally" failing to disclose it in his security clearance firms.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2017, 07:24:48 PM »

counter-theory:

it is real AND the russians are spreading it.

Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2017, 07:26:27 PM »

counter-theory:

it is real AND the russians are spreading it.

Regardless, Putin is probably the source of a lot of this. I think he wants to sow chaos period. And I won't blame him for that from a geopolitical perspective.
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2017, 07:27:37 PM »

I feel we need a grand and unified page to pull together all this information. It's like a (bad) Tom Clancy novel. Obviously there is a ton of smoke around a ton of facets that may lead to fire.

Kushner was also part of the data mining team which the FBI is now looking into.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #35 on: May 26, 2017, 07:33:09 PM »

Sanchez, I feel if Jared did something illegal his father in law would cover up for him, honestly. He can't cut family loose. Also the President will never cut the family from the White House because frankly that's who he relies on to run the White House.

I agree on obstruction of justice but in the first place we should examine why they went to great lengths to obstruct justice.

I don't see how you can get rid of Jared Kushner without getting rid of Donald Trump. The guy is literally the father of the President's grandchildren.

Sadly true. If he is convicted of anything while Trump is in office he will be pardoned in less than 24 hours.
Oh he'll walk out of the court like Scooter Libby with the pardon in hand. That isn't impossible, but I agree with TD. A pardon is an admission of guilt, and if Kushner endangers the Trump clan, he might be left dangling in the wind. Trump isn't known for being loyal to his aides, as Chris Christie can attest to. I don't view that as a flaw of course (flexibility is fine, as Obama noted to Medvedev) but it is what it is.

A pardon (if it even got to that level) would destroy Trump's presidency, and he knows it.

in which ways, if i may ask?
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #36 on: May 26, 2017, 07:40:04 PM »

Fresh bombshell:

Steve Kopack

Reuters EXCLUSIVE-KUSHNER HAD UNDISCLOSED CONTACTS, INCLUDING 2 PHONE CALLS, WITH RUSSIAN ENVOY BETWEEN APRIL AND NOVEMBER 2016 - SOURCES
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #37 on: May 26, 2017, 07:40:54 PM »

It must be sweeps week.  The writers are pulling out all the stops.
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #38 on: May 26, 2017, 07:45:45 PM »

So can Jared be indicted on obfuscation on his SF-86 or are they waiting for more information to drop on him?
EnglishPete

« Reply #39 on: May 26, 2017, 07:48:42 PM »

Some people are speculating that the Russians could be purposely spreading disinformation just to screw with us.

No sh**t Sherlock. If you don't get that the news media (including now social media) has been full of disinformation stories planted by various domestic and foreign actors since forever then you don't understand the media. Of course the bulk of disinfo stories in any country's news media will be coming from that country's own security services, the various 3 letter agencies in the case of the US. Plenty of these disinfo stories will later go into the history books where they will be reported as historical facts.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #40 on: May 26, 2017, 08:22:15 PM »

ITSNEWT

jk maybe it's Christie.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #41 on: May 26, 2017, 08:24:56 PM »

Reuters sources say Kushner's name was requested unmasked (by FBI?) in intercepted comms btw Flynn and the Russians
https://twitter.com/lrozen/status/868275547578740737

The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #42 on: May 26, 2017, 08:29:58 PM »

Reuters story: http://mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN18N018
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #43 on: May 26, 2017, 08:33:10 PM »

Stone making noise: https://twitter.com/RogerJStoneJr/status/868272735075618817
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #44 on: May 26, 2017, 08:40:56 PM »

I see no reason for the Russian security services to hurt people loyal to them. What would they have to gain? I expect Putin to do what he thinks best for enhancing and projecting the power of Russia wherever and whenever possible.

This is simply ineptitude and corruption by Americans. The Russian security services are as adept as the old KGB that they succeeded, and they know how to exploit greed, vanity, gullibility, and the sex drive. Some, like Donald Trump, have so many flaws that they are easy to exploit. Just contrast Barack Obama, who seems to have modest desires for economic gain, who has no obvious hurt feelings or delusions of grandeur to salve, who is a tough person to fool, and who seems loyal in the extreme to his wife.

So maybe it has gone too far. Some times schemes go awry.
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #45 on: May 26, 2017, 08:47:22 PM »
« Edited: May 26, 2017, 08:51:42 PM by TD »

It also seems dubious Jared would do all this without his father in law knowing, especially given Flynn and Page's extensive Russian contacts and Trump's own business ties to Russia.

Reagan knew about the ongoings of IranContra why not Trump about all this? There's no reason for Jared to otherwise contact the Russian ambassador. Couple this with everything else that's going on it seems highly improbable Trump didn't know.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #46 on: May 26, 2017, 08:51:08 PM »

It also seems dubious Jared would do all this without his father in law knowing, especially given Flynn and Page's extensive Russian contacts and Trump's own business ties to Russia.
The question of Trump's knowledge isn't so much important as the question of his approval.
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #47 on: May 26, 2017, 08:52:56 PM »

The question of Trump's knowledge isn't so much important as the question of his approval.

See my edited post.

I don't know if this makes sense but if he knew wouldn't multiple meetings imply approval of said meetings?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #48 on: May 26, 2017, 08:59:24 PM »

See my edited post.

I don't know if this makes sense but if he knew wouldn't multiple meetings imply approval of said meetings?
There were only two meetings between April-November, no? I've just got off the phone with another (well former) poster who I spent an hour talking with. I've missed a lot of the new developments.
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #49 on: May 26, 2017, 09:03:57 PM »

See my edited post.

There were only two meetings between April-November, no? I've just got off the phone with another (well former) poster who I spent an hour talking with. I've missed a lot of the new developments.

This is the Reuters money quote. To be careful it couples Kushner with other Yrump aides so we don't know yet but it implies more than two.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies