HRC - "Trump/Sanders capitalized on anger, I beat both, 3rd party ppl are crazy"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 06:36:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  HRC - "Trump/Sanders capitalized on anger, I beat both, 3rd party ppl are crazy"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: HRC - "Trump/Sanders capitalized on anger, I beat both, 3rd party ppl are crazy"  (Read 3832 times)
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: June 04, 2017, 12:57:02 AM »

Hillary won't redeem herself in my eyes until she takes full credit for her loss without blaming Comey, blaming Russia, or shrieking "but the popular vote!". Whether she would have won under some other system is not revelant, especially since the campaign would have been run completely differently if it was strict NPV. And while she may have won by 30 or 40 votes without Comey or WikiLeaks or whatever, she should have been able to win like Obama did in '08 considering she was facing Trump.
Da2017
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.00, S: -5.00

« Reply #76 on: June 05, 2017, 01:57:29 PM »
« Edited: June 05, 2017, 03:32:16 PM by Da2017 »

What pleasure is she really getting by publicly shi*ting on 3rd party voters as "Crazy"? It is not going to change the 2016 result! There is a certain contempt in her for people unwilling to toe the line & support her. It seems she has learned nothing from the Basket of deplorables gaffe & how it hurt her!
[/quote]

I think that's when she lost control of the narrative. Not to mention she allowed Trump to be presidential. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQZeYJAd2Nw&t=14s
elcorazon

« Reply #77 on: June 05, 2017, 02:14:39 PM »

I am more proud to say I  voted for Hillary in 2016 than any vote I've ever cast. I'm still with Her.
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #78 on: June 05, 2017, 06:06:25 PM »

I read the full quote when I read the article. I understand fully what was said then, as I do now. You don't. English isn't your native tongue and when combined with your partisan hackery, you're gonna read into it how you wanna read into it.

Nobody with a lick of coherency speaks in sentences like what you're describing. She said "I got more votes than Trump, and even more votes were cast for crazy third party people [candidates]". She didn't say "I got more votes than Trump plus there are crazy people in this country!". Logical sentence structure in the English language applies here. Careful and calculated politicians don't cram unrelated thoughts together in the same sentence. You even acknowledged this (unknowingly) with the following:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Yes, the point was to outline how many votes were not cast for Trump; 66m for her and several million more for the nutty third partiers.

The context is very obvious to anybody not blinded by ideological zeal and determined to write Russian-influenced press releases on this forum constantly. It was obvious to me the moment I read it, but I recognized the ability for spin to be used on the way it was phrased.

English IS my first language, it is my mother's 1st language. Every book, every paper from school to university to masters, that I have had to read or every examination that I had to take part in, was in English. It is only language in which I can comfortably write. I find it highly insulting that you will resort to such slander & insults based on falsehoods. As someone, who was reading Charles Dickens/Mark Twain from the age of 7 and who has read entire plays of Shakespeare from the age of 12, I find it preposterous that someone like you will question my English language proficiency. I have a small library at my home, a large share of family have a Ph.d & I am a person who has been a part of various literary societies & has written/acted in plays in English. Your attack is deplorable & you should apologize.

This reads like a bizarre Atlas twist on that Navy Seals copypasta.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #79 on: June 05, 2017, 06:12:46 PM »

What pleasure is she really getting by publicly shi*ting on 3rd party voters as "Crazy"? It is not going to change the 2016 result! There is a certain contempt in her for people unwilling to toe the line & support her. It seems she has learned nothing from the Basket of deplorables gaffe & how it hurt her!

I think that's when she lost control of the narrative. Not to mention she allowed Trump to be presidential. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQZeYJAd2Nw&t=14s
[/quote]

The Hillary campaign showed nothing but contempt for those who didn't support her, so this shouldn't be that surprising.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies