2016 presidential election results (if the exit polls were correct).
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 03:02:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  2016 presidential election results (if the exit polls were correct).
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2016 presidential election results (if the exit polls were correct).  (Read 569 times)
super6646
Canada

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 18, 2017, 04:49:43 PM »

So I was doing a little bit of research into early exit polling data during the election, and I came across an interesting article that went through the data (I'll post a link below). It shows that exit polls underestimated Trump's performance nationwide by about 1.5%, but was also off in some key states. It shows Ohio as a 0.1% lead for Trump (was 8 points by the end), it shows Trump winning Minnesota by a slim margin (clinton won by a slim margin), while Clinton would win NC, Florida, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin by varying margins. It also shows Michigan as a tie (which was actually pretty close to the final result), and the results show that Trump was underestimated by as much as 11 points (New Jersey), while being overestimated by as much as 5 points (New York). Now it doesn't show the results of some states, but I really don't think any of the states omitted from this chart were ever in doubt.

Link to article: http://heavy.com/news/2016/11/2016-exit-polls-did-hillaty-clinton-win-presidential-election-voter-fraud-donald-trump-lose-rigged/
Liberalrocks
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2017, 04:53:02 PM »

So I was doing a little bit of research into early exit polling data during the election, and I came across an interesting article that went through the data (I'll post a link below). It shows that exit polls underestimated Trump's performance nationwide by about 1.5%, but was also off in some key states. It shows Ohio as a 0.1% lead for Trump (was 8 points by the end), it shows Trump winning Minnesota by a slim margin (clinton won by a slim margin), while Clinton would win NC, Florida, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin by varying margins. It also shows Michigan as a tie (which was actually pretty close to the final result), and the results show that Trump was underestimated by as much as 11 points (New Jersey), while being overestimated by as much as 5 points (New York). Now it doesn't show the results of some states, but I really don't think any of the states omitted from this chart were ever in doubt.

Link to article: http://heavy.com/news/2016/11/2016-exit-polls-did-hillaty-clinton-win-presidential-election-voter-fraud-donald-trump-lose-rigged/
(Sigh) if only that was the final result map....
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2017, 12:46:17 PM »

That woulda been kinda funny. Pretty much everyone woulda been right but then MN comes out of f***ing nowhere and Trump wins it.
super6646
Canada

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2017, 01:30:21 PM »

That woulda been kinda funny. Pretty much everyone woulda been right but then MN comes out of f***ing nowhere and Trump wins it.

Would've been the end of their 40 year winning streak in the state (their longest).
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies