Do we live in a simulation, and if we do, does it matter?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2024, 09:35:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: World politics is up Schmitt creek)
  Do we live in a simulation, and if we do, does it matter?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Do we live in a simulation, and if we do, does it matter?
Yes, but we can't do anything about it, so who cares?

Yes, and it should be critical to how we view the world

No

Who knows?

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 20

Author Topic: Do we live in a simulation, and if we do, does it matter?  (Read 507 times)
kyc0705

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 29, 2017, 05:34:05 PM »
« edited: May 29, 2017, 05:39:48 PM by kyc0705 »

--see above--

Personally, I voted "Who knows?" I think it's extremely unlikely, but any theory about the fundamental nature of the universe is nonfalsifiable—that is, impossible to conclusively disprove.
SingingAnalyst
mathstatman
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2017, 02:35:32 PM »

--see above--

Personally, I voted "Who knows?" I think it's extremely unlikely, but any theory about the fundamental nature of the universe is nonfalsifiable—that is, impossible to conclusively disprove.
I voted No. Simulation of what? Reality? Then what is reality? We get into a "who created G-d"-style infinite regression.
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2017, 11:57:28 PM »

--see above--

I voted No. Simulation of what? Reality? Then what is reality? We get into a "who created G-d"-style infinite regression.
Some physicists have found possible evidence that the universe is holographic, that we might just be some advanced being's computer game.

I put "who knows?" I don't think so, but really, there's no way to test this and know for sure, at least right now.
The Arizonan
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2017, 03:34:18 PM »

--see above--

Some physicists have found possible evidence that the universe is holographic, that we might just be some advanced being's computer game.

I put "who knows?" I don't think so, but really, there's no way to test this and know for sure, at least right now.

There's also mathematical evidence to support this theory as well. In that case, we better hope that the simulation doesn't crash.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies