Opinion of Computer89
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 09:02:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of Computer89
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: ?
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 74

Author Topic: Opinion of Computer89  (Read 5029 times)
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2017, 08:21:24 PM »

A quirky posting style doesn't make someone an HP. 
indeed, it's his fetishisation of genocidal leaders that does that

Name one you a hole

FIGHT
FIGHT
FIGHT
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2017, 09:47:34 PM »

Mixed----

In general, I'm not the biggest fan of short one line/sentence posts and responses, regardless of partisan avatar or political perspectives, which unfortunately includes the vast majority of posters on Atlas, including Computer89/ "Old Skool Republican", so there's no "ding" on that section of the scorecard.

That being said, an extremely knowledgeable poster on a wide variety of topics, and certainly contributes to the overall quality of Atlas. (Check box there)

Now, the main reason that I abstaining from voting at this time, is that although Computer89 claims an Oregon avatar, he has yet to really discuss Oregon Politics, History, Economics, and Demographics even in threads where we had some interaction other than going back to a generic "Meh Reagan improved the economy of Oregon", and never directly responding to questions about the impact of the Reagan Recession in "Downstate Oregon", let alone the City of Portland.

So Neutral non-vote at this time....

Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2017, 12:02:00 AM »

That being said, an extremely knowledgeable poster on a wide variety of topics, and certainly contributes to the overall quality of Atlas. (Check box there)

Dude spews conservative talking points while having a tenuous grasp of the English language.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2017, 12:04:41 AM »

All Modi supporters are HP.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2017, 01:58:58 AM »

Mixed----

In general, I'm not the biggest fan of short one line/sentence posts and responses, regardless of partisan avatar or political perspectives, which unfortunately includes the vast majority of posters on Atlas, including Computer89/ "Old Skool Republican", so there's no "ding" on that section of the scorecard.

Now, the main reason that I abstaining from voting at this time, is that although Computer89 claims an Oregon avatar, he has yet to really discuss Oregon Politics, History, Economics, and Demographics even in threads where we had some interaction other than going back to a generic "Meh Reagan improved the economy of Oregon", and never directly responding to questions about the impact of the Reagan Recession in "Downstate Oregon", let alone the City of Portland.

Its funny how you blame the  1982 recession on reagan when that recession happened only a year after he took office . Funny how once his economic policies started to go into effect(around late 1982) the economy went on a major upswing . Yes rural areas and , coal miners took longer to recover but that was bound to happen as the economy was changing to a more suburban economy and a tech based economy .
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2017, 05:13:50 AM »

Name one you a hole

reagan is an obvious example
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2017, 11:46:58 AM »

Name one you a hole

Except he isnt even close to one, as he never tried to deliberately kill groups of people . You may oppose his foreign policy but that does not make it genocide .  Yes he committed war against communists , but that is not close to being called a genocide .
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2017, 07:52:01 PM »

Name one you a hole

Except he isnt even close to one, as he never tried to deliberately kill groups of people . You may oppose his foreign policy but that does not make it genocide .  Yes he committed war against communists , but that is not close to being called a genocide .

he deliberately prevented his administration from combatting the aids crisis, my dude
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2017, 08:04:03 PM »

An example of someone who thinks and acts as if they know more than they do.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2017, 09:38:26 PM »

Mixed----

Its funny how you blame the  1982 recession on reagan when that recession happened only a year after he took office . Funny how once his economic policies started to go into effect(around late 1982) the economy went on a major upswing . Yes rural areas and , coal miners took longer to recover but that was bound to happen as the economy was changing to a more suburban economy and a tech based economy .

So.... you never once mentioned Oregon in those brief three sentences, but instead shifted Focus in another direction towards the brilliance of "Reagan's economic policies" (Which is a doubtful proposition at best).

Even we were to infer from your 3rd sentence, that you *might* be referring to Oregon in specific, and not just in some vague generalities regarding suburban/rural and Coal Miners/Tech, it certainly appears to lack any real experience and history living in Oregon, maybe other than somewhere around Silicon Forest (Washington County)....

Now, it's pretty clear that much of "rural" Oregon, which actually includes quite a few Medium Size and Larger Cities within the state, as well as former "Company Towns" never fully recovered from the Reagan Recession....

Me and my wife were both living in different parts of rural Oregon during the Reagan Recession, and to put it simply Reagan was not particularly popular, even in some of the most heavily Republican parts of Western Oregon....

Look at the 1988 Oregon election results by County/Precinct if you don't believe me....

So, anyways---- your cold and calculated interpretation based upon whatever bizarre economic equation you are running in your head, does not talk to the real life experiences of most Native Oregonians.

You could talk about the Tech sector all you want---- shoot spent 20 years working as a contractor for one of the largest Tech companies in the World.... I don't think that Ronald Reagan deserves any credit for all of the innovations coming out of Silicon Valley and elsewhere in the United States.

In fact, I have seen and heard the same gripes from Tech Sector Workers, that have also been expressed by Mill Workers in Oregon....

The "Company" is only interested in maximizing profits, and they are laying people off and shipping operations elsewhere, including skilled technical professionals with advanced degrees.

Unfortunately Ronald Reagan started this train, George Bush Sr signed MFN with China, Bill Clinton signed NAFTA into law, and Al Gore is too closely associated with Clinton and can't rewind the clock on MFN....

Obama runs on an anti-Iraq and economic recovery platform, after the disaster of the Bush Jr Recession as well as spending Trillions of dollars fighting a War in Iraq, not to mention to loss of our beloved friends, family members, neighbors, co-workers....

So Obama had some street cred, and wasn't considered to be an insane "Free Trade Democrat".... So what happens in '12 is that things aren't picking up fast enough in the Country, and Obama drops some numbers with various elements of his coalition.

What happened in '16 was that the Democrats selected a candidate, who was in many ways perhaps unfairly tied the trade policies of her Husband, as well as concerns among many Democratic "Base" voters, regarding what was seen as a fairly Hawkish Foreign Policy agenda....

Now you get this Trump dude who runs on a Populist platform of being "Against the Iraq War", "Bringing Jobs Back to America".

Is it any wonder that this message appealed in certain parts of Oregon (As well as parts of the Midwest and "Rustbelt"), that have long felt abandoned by both political parties (Other than perhaps their Democratic US Senators and Representatives)?

Computer89--- please provide actual facts and data when it comes to discussing anything involving the social, economic, and political changes in Oregon, and not just your standard schtick about how Ronald Reagan made everyone's lives better.

I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2017, 12:23:50 AM »

Name one you a hole

he deliberately prevented his administration from combatting the aids crisis, my dude

And Modi is also responsible for mass killings.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2017, 03:12:05 PM »
« Edited: June 05, 2017, 03:17:27 PM by Old School Republican »

Mixed----

Its funny how you blame the  1982 recession on reagan when that recession happened only a year after he took office . Funny how once his economic policies started to go into effect(around late 1982) the economy went on a major upswing . Yes rural areas and , coal miners took longer to recover but that was bound to happen as the economy was changing to a more suburban economy and a tech based economy .

So.... you never once mentioned Oregon in those brief three sentences, but instead shifted Focus in another direction towards the brilliance of "Reagan's economic policies" (Which is a doubtful proposition at best).

Even we were to infer from your 3rd sentence, that you *might* be referring to Oregon in specific, and not just in some vague generalities regarding suburban/rural and Coal Miners/Tech, it certainly appears to lack any real experience and history living in Oregon, maybe other than somewhere around Silicon Forest (Washington County)....

Now, it's pretty clear that much of "rural" Oregon, which actually includes quite a few Medium Size and Larger Cities within the state, as well as former "Company Towns" never fully recovered from the Reagan Recession....

Me and my wife were both living in different parts of rural Oregon during the Reagan Recession, and to put it simply Reagan was not particularly popular, even in some of the most heavily Republican parts of Western Oregon....

Look at the 1988 Oregon election results by County/Precinct if you don't believe me....

So, anyways---- your cold and calculated interpretation based upon whatever bizarre economic equation you are running in your head, does not talk to the real life experiences of most Native Oregonians.

You could talk about the Tech sector all you want---- shoot spent 20 years working as a contractor for one of the largest Tech companies in the World.... I don't think that Ronald Reagan deserves any credit for all of the innovations coming out of Silicon Valley and elsewhere in the United States.

In fact, I have seen and heard the same gripes from Tech Sector Workers, that have also been expressed by Mill Workers in Oregon....

The "Company" is only interested in maximizing profits, and they are laying people off and shipping operations elsewhere, including skilled technical professionals with advanced degrees.

Unfortunately Ronald Reagan started this train, George Bush Sr signed MFN with China, Bill Clinton signed NAFTA into law, and Al Gore is too closely associated with Clinton and can't rewind the clock on MFN....

Obama runs on an anti-Iraq and economic recovery platform, after the disaster of the Bush Jr Recession as well as spending Trillions of dollars fighting a War in Iraq, not to mention to loss of our beloved friends, family members, neighbors, co-workers....

So Obama had some street cred, and wasn't considered to be an insane "Free Trade Democrat".... So what happens in '12 is that things aren't picking up fast enough in the Country, and Obama drops some numbers with various elements of his coalition.

What happened in '16 was that the Democrats selected a candidate, who was in many ways perhaps unfairly tied the trade policies of her Husband, as well as concerns among many Democratic "Base" voters, regarding what was seen as a fairly Hawkish Foreign Policy agenda....

Now you get this Trump dude who runs on a Populist platform of being "Against the Iraq War", "Bringing Jobs Back to America".

Is it any wonder that this message appealed in certain parts of Oregon (As well as parts of the Midwest and "Rustbelt"), that have long felt abandoned by both political parties (Other than perhaps their Democratic US Senators and Representatives)?

Computer89--- please provide actual facts and data when it comes to discussing anything involving the social, economic, and political changes in Oregon, and not just your standard schtick about how Ronald Reagan made everyone's lives better.

I have lived in Washington county my whole life, and all I said is why do you blame Reagan for a recession in 1982 when that clearly wasnt his fault. Also I said yes Reagan economic policies favored suburbs over rural areas which I believe was a good thing to do as that was where the future was at. The reason Oregon didnt do well economically outside the suburbs were cause the state of Oregon was still fixated with the timber industry which was clearly on the decline and put in policies which disincentives outsiders investing in the state of Oregon .
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2017, 03:22:41 PM »

Mixed----

Its funny how you blame the  1982 recession on reagan when that recession happened only a year after he took office . Funny how once his economic policies started to go into effect(around late 1982) the economy went on a major upswing . Yes rural areas and , coal miners took longer to recover but that was bound to happen as the economy was changing to a more suburban economy and a tech based economy .

I have lived in Washington county my whole life, and all I said is why do you blame Reagan for a recession in 1982 when that clearly wasnt his fault. Also I said yes Reagan economic policies favored suburbs over rural areas which I believe was a good thing to do as that was where the future was at. The reason Oregon didnt do well economically outside the suburbs were cause the state of Oregon was still fixated with the timber industry which was clearly on the decline and put in policies which disincentives outsiders investing in the state of Oregon .

The recession started well enough in his presidency that much of it can be attributed to, or at least the duration and depth of it, can be more than partially attributed to Reagan.

More at Lee, a lot of it had to do with Paul volcker putting the absolute squeeze on the money supply. Therefore, if you want to avoid passing the blame of the recession onto Reagan, you must also therefore not give him credit for the dramatic drop in Carter level inflation rates, as both are equally attributable to volkers money policies.

As for saying it was perfectly appropriate to invest in the suburbs because and I quote that's where the future was - - well, are you familiar with another poster named Jai Chand?
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #38 on: June 05, 2017, 11:38:03 PM »

Mixed----

Called it down to the County, much better than the "Lies or Truths" thread!

So although obviously we agree to fundamentally disagree on the overall impact of the cancerous advisers (Heritage Foundation) and their ilk on "Reagan's Brain" when when his Administration supported policies to the detriment of most Americans, and certainly in the case of Oregon's economy, at least as two fellow Oregonians from different backgrounds and parts of the State, we have the opportunity to at least discuss the changing social, economic, and political demographics within Oregon over the past 30+ years.

Now, it still appears that despite your knowledge and background on a wide variety of issues, that you still haven't spent much time travelling around the rest of your own State, or even if you have, certainly haven't exhibited any sign of such on your public postings...

Hell, if we can make it work would love to grab a Beer or a cup of coffee sometime if you're ever downstate or I'm upstate and talk in person....

Your Atlas postings and persona actually reminds me quite a bit of one of my best friends, who runs his own Computer Tuneup and Repair Business "downstate" who also considers himself a Republican.

Anyways--- still "mixed" until the Computer starts dumping real data on Oregon Politics and elections.... Wink
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #39 on: June 06, 2017, 11:44:49 PM »

Mixed----

Called it down to the County, much better than the "Lies or Truths" thread!

So although obviously we agree to fundamentally disagree on the overall impact of the cancerous advisers (Heritage Foundation) and their ilk on "Reagan's Brain" when when his Administration supported policies to the detriment of most Americans, and certainly in the case of Oregon's economy, at least as two fellow Oregonians from different backgrounds and parts of the State, we have the opportunity to at least discuss the changing social, economic, and political demographics within Oregon over the past 30+ years.

Now, it still appears that despite your knowledge and background on a wide variety of issues, that you still haven't spent much time travelling around the rest of your own State, or even if you have, certainly haven't exhibited any sign of such on your public postings...

Hell, if we can make it work would love to grab a Beer or a cup of coffee sometime if you're ever downstate or I'm upstate and talk in person....

Your Atlas postings and persona actually reminds me quite a bit of one of my best friends, who runs his own Computer Tuneup and Repair Business "downstate" who also considers himself a Republican.

Anyways--- still "mixed" until the Computer starts dumping real data on Oregon Politics and elections.... Wink

The thing is whenever I travel outside the Portland Metro Area in Oregon it is only go to a certain place(Painted Hills, Crater Lake,  Seaside Beach, Camping Areas,  Rafting etc) as I dont know anyone who lives in Oregon outside Portland Metro. If you come upstate though we can definitely meet up, and the best place would be at PSU the college I attend .
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #40 on: June 07, 2017, 08:29:07 PM »

His behaviour on AAD was reprehensible
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #41 on: June 07, 2017, 08:38:43 PM »

I actually think he is a decent poster, even if he is more moderate than I am.  But, then again, I have never been on AAD, nor do I think I want to.  I still don't get the hate at all.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #42 on: June 07, 2017, 08:42:53 PM »

His behaviour on AAD was reprehensible

I never was on AAD
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #43 on: June 07, 2017, 08:44:32 PM »

I'm still waiting for a good explanation as to why so many dislike him with such passion.

Fairly sure it's mostly a result of the AAD cult.

What cult , I really don't get it
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #44 on: June 07, 2017, 08:48:55 PM »

I'm still waiting for a good explanation as to why so many dislike him with such passion.

It's not a literal cult; I'm just referring to how everyone with opinions contrary to "Old Atlas and all its posters are literally Hitler" gets driven out of the forum.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #45 on: June 07, 2017, 10:42:24 PM »

It's not a literal cult; I'm just referring to how everyone with opinions contrary to "Old Atlas and all its posters are literally Hitler" gets driven out of the forum.

Pretty much, yeah.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #46 on: June 08, 2017, 07:03:50 AM »

Perhaps you had someone acting like you.  I hear that's the third most fun thing to do at the toxic place behind making fun of the mentally ill and BRTD's own "special" forum.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #47 on: June 17, 2017, 02:01:18 AM »

FF....

"Finally a single tear ran down his face, and he realized that he too loved Big Brother"

George Orwell 1984

So all silliness aside, Old Skool is a poster that contributes to the overall content and quality of the Forum, although I still want to take him on a road trip of "down state" Oregon, and the excessive obsession with the Reagan Presidency gets quite old at times, still there are many Democratic avatars that contribute less and are much more hackish.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #48 on: June 17, 2017, 11:19:45 AM »

He's been here for about a year and a half and still seems to be genuinely baffled that people can have opinions other than his own. The idea of someone lacking any sort of intellectual curiosity as he does actually kind of bums me out.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #49 on: June 18, 2017, 08:02:49 PM »

He's been here for about a year and a half and still seems to be genuinely baffled that people can have opinions other than his own. The idea of someone lacking any sort of intellectual curiosity as he does actually kind of bums me out.

That's..... a really good assessment. I've had a hard time putting my finger on exactly what bothers me about him, and I think you hit the nail on the head.

That and I think he reminds me of Jai chin a bit. Tongue

Again though, there are far far worse here than he.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies