What was the worst day of your life?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:31:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  What was the worst day of your life?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: What was the worst day of your life?  (Read 6471 times)
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2017, 05:48:25 PM »

November 8, 2016 or November 2, 2004.
Thomas D
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: -6.61

« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2017, 09:30:21 PM »

Sunday, September 25, 2011

January 3, 2010.

We're (to ask a very morbid question) all citing the death of a loved one, yes?

In my case, yes.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2017, 05:52:04 AM »
« Edited: June 03, 2017, 06:25:35 AM by Senator Scott »

I was thinking about posting this to AAD in the Worst Posts thread, but I'm going to say it here.  It's probably a more appropriate place to vent about these sort of things.

Those of you who think that bad election nights are the worst days of your lives - and I mean this to those who are sincere in that judgment - guess what, you haven't seen tragedy.  I was literally sick the night that Trump won, and if it weren't for some self-medication, I would've spent the evening vomiting my brains out.  Sure, it was bad, but try coming home one night to find your father's corpse on the cold garage floor.  Try watching a festering skin disease slowly eat away at one of the only people who's still in your life, without support from extended family.  Try being violently stalked and harassed by total strangers who break into your house or apartment, piss in your pets' cage, walk out with your sht, hock on your front door, and continue to intrude on your rights and your privacy to the point of you losing your mind as well as your dignity.  That's tragedy.  And I in no way mean to discount the many lives that are in danger under Trump's presidency, but when life hits hard, you realize that elections are little more than blood sport that we just sit back and watch.  And, being honest, most of the folks here are capable of living their lives as normal regardless of who's president.

So don't tell us that a bad election was the worst day of your life.  Because if that must be the case, then clearly you've never experienced life.
MarkD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2017, 06:42:02 AM »

The day that my mother found out that I'm gay.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2017, 09:37:10 AM »

Living without a mom or a deceased female sweetheat, which also can be a wife or a girlfriend is traumatizing.

But, it also, frees you up with what you can do in life.  I moved out here to California to do the people's good become a Public Defendent and go to Law School, that my mom would want from me.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2017, 10:49:43 PM »

Pearl Harbor Day 2014
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2017, 12:00:43 AM »

July 12, 2009. Dishonorable mentions go to early December 2014 and early September 2016.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2017, 02:11:57 PM »
« Edited: June 07, 2017, 02:32:02 PM by Solitude Without a Window »

Dishonorable mentions for me include:
- That one day in September 2010 (don't remember when exactly)
- Many, many days between September 2004 and June 2006 or so that I don't remember specifically
- April 27, 2016
- One day I think at the very end of June 2016
- May 25, 2013
- November 9, 2016

And yeah, I've had by all accounts a very happy life and I'm aware of it.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2017, 12:29:38 PM »

Probably February 22 of this year(nihilistic depression over something that was honesty pretty silly) in terms of raw feelings.  Possibly some other day. May 7/9, 2016(saying something bad due to alcohol on the 7th, and finding out that the person I said it to was freaked out by it, August and September of 2016(anxiety and depression over the aforementioned thing with the beginning of school, combined with feeling kind of isolated from the friends I had), the same months of 2015(obsession over a person), November 10 of 2016 and a week or two after that(got into a heated debate with friends, took it very poorly) and April 13 of this year(someone getting scared of me) are the main dishonorable mentions I can recall.

FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2017, 12:33:24 PM »

I was thinking about posting this to AAD in the Worst Posts thread, but I'm going to say it here.  It's probably a more appropriate place to vent about these sort of things.

Those of you who think that bad election nights are the worst days of your lives - and I mean this to those who are sincere in that judgment - guess what, you haven't seen tragedy.  I was literally sick the night that Trump won, and if it weren't for some self-medication, I would've spent the evening vomiting my brains out.  Sure, it was bad, but try coming home one night to find your father's corpse on the cold garage floor.  Try watching a festering skin disease slowly eat away at one of the only people who's still in your life, without support from extended family.  Try being violently stalked and harassed by total strangers who break into your house or apartment, piss in your pets' cage, walk out with your sht, hock on your front door, and continue to intrude on your rights and your privacy to the point of you losing your mind as well as your dignity.  That's tragedy.  And I in no way mean to discount the many lives that are in danger under Trump's presidency, but when life hits hard, you realize that elections are little more than blood sport that we just sit back and watch.  And, being honest, most of the folks here are capable of living their lives as normal regardless of who's president.

So don't tell us that a bad election was the worst day of your life.  Because if that must be the case, then clearly you've never experienced life.

I just wanna say, God bless you, man.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2017, 01:20:37 PM »

Father died Sep 19 2013 (less than a year after I moved out) so that pretty much stands out above all else.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2017, 01:47:01 PM »

Luckily yes, nothing like that has ever happened to me.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2017, 09:07:56 AM »

I just wanna say, God bless you, man.

Thank you.  I don't go for pity parties and I'm usually not one to open up that way on a public forum like this, but I felt that needed to be said.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2017, 11:10:43 AM »

Being diagnosed with stage I breast cancer was a bad day, Of course the Rangers blowing the world series TWICE in one day was pretty bad too.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2017, 04:02:57 PM »

Probably March 8, 2016. One week after I had an operation to remove all four wisdom teeth at once (which was already bad), the wounds inflamed despite brushing because I started eating cookies to early after the operation. The wounds had to be opened again and were cleaned with some tool that looked like a screwdriver. Although the doctor used anesthesia, the pain was just horrible. I thought I was going to die during these 30 minutes (which felt like two hours).

I also remember horrible pain, when some pimples under my armpits were removed with a sharp medical tool similar to a spoon. It resulted from impure water in our school's swimming pool. But I don't remember the date. Has to be around 2003.

Also terrible was October 31, 2009, when my Greek grandma passed away after a two year battle with bone cancer. Just six weeks after we went back from Greence and it looked like she would recover.
FairBol
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #40 on: June 07, 2017, 07:23:08 PM »

September 11th, 2001.  The whole world changed on that day.  Sad
Rjjr77
« Reply #41 on: July 28, 2017, 04:32:39 PM »

Day I was so bored I started posting on atlas.

Honestly I'm not sure.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #42 on: July 28, 2017, 09:01:05 PM »

Pearl Harbor Day, 2015.
RC (a la Frémont)
ReaganClinton20XX
Atlas Politician
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: -6.96

P P P

« Reply #43 on: August 01, 2017, 08:28:48 PM »
« Edited: August 02, 2017, 08:29:42 PM by ReaganClinton20XX (Fed-CT) »

Today (August 1st 2017) lost $85 dollars at an old folks home bingo competition. By one god damn number.

Obviously a joke answer, but that did happen and it still makes me mad.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #44 on: August 01, 2017, 10:19:07 PM »
« Edited: August 01, 2017, 10:21:33 PM by Cory Booker »

09/11/01 Crashing of Dot com Bubble with Enron Reelected Dubya over Kerry-Edwards 2004, but with Gephardt, Kerry would have stood a better chance in debates

09/15/08 Crashing of Stock Market elected Barack Obama

09/19/15 Death of Mom caused homelessness, Hospitals were cutting funding for terminally ill in 2015, which ushered in a GOP wave in 2014, due to Obamacare

09/22/16 Move to California, which has better job opportunities than Illinois
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #45 on: August 02, 2017, 09:20:20 PM »

Every day is, pretty much.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #46 on: September 11, 2017, 09:46:18 PM »

October 7, 2015 (the day my grandfather died)

Not relating to death (and without hindsight):
-December 12, 2013 (I got my heart broken with respect to my lifelong dream college, but it all worked out well in the end with where I wound up)
-July 10, 2013 (I had a terrifying physical health scare that night, but nothing was wrong long-term)
-May 1, 2008 (relating to a family member and addiction, I'd rather not elaborate here, but I was still only 12, so I don't know if I understood everything completely)
-June ??, 2002 (I was stupidly climbing my dresser, which fell on me and caused me to spend the whole day in the hospital, the most traumatic experience for a 6-year old)

What I called the worst day of my life when I was a kid and hadn't ever had any real difficult times:
June 11, 2004- "The day when Ronald Reagan died and Smarty Jones lost" (picture a 8-year old saying that and I guess Reagan was an inspiration even when I was a little kid)
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #47 on: September 11, 2017, 10:03:21 PM »

Another likely candidate is November 30, 2014, simply due to physical pain and sheer agony. Prior to that the worst one in that regards was January 5, 2013.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #48 on: September 12, 2017, 12:02:17 AM »

September 13th 2015
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #49 on: September 12, 2017, 08:25:37 AM »

Either one of the days that my grandfather or grandmother died, or the day where I had to take my dog in to be put down.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies