Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 23, 2017, 12:45:17 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Election 2016 predictions are now open!.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Forum Community
| |-+  Off-topic Board (Moderators: Gustaf, Torie, The Mikado)
| | |-+  What was the worst day of your life?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: What was the worst day of your life?  (Read 1716 times)
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 12, 2017, 12:02:17 am »
Ignore

September 13th 2015

Representative Illiniwek
Governor Illiniwek
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 12, 2017, 08:25:37 am »
Ignore

Either one of the days that my grandfather or grandmother died, or the day where I had to take my dog in to be put down.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
sjkqw
YaBB God
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 12, 2017, 10:22:37 am »
Ignore

October 12, 2003 - a day that will forever live in infamy. The boulder that destroyed the most beautiful creation of God. BC shall reside in eternal torment. It still makes me bawl on a nearly bi-monthly basis knowing something so great had an expiration date.

20:41   Classic   I think we need to abort any babies with autism so we won't end up with more people like smilo in our society

LGBT Democrats for Roy Moore for Senate!

[9:01 PM] retromike22: no offense.... but I have occasionally realized that it is easier to understand your emotions and actions if I think it's a girl making those choices

Something about Platinum irrefutably
Looks as good on records as it does on me
Snowguy716
snowguy716
YaBB God
Austria

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 12, 2017, 01:54:06 pm »
Ignore

11/24/13.  I lost my rock.  Perhaps fittingly it was the first truly cold day in what was the most brutal winter in most peoples' living memory.

All I can think of are the lyrics

"All the flowers that you planted mama, in the backyard...died when you went away..."

"Above and beyond the question of how to grow the economy there is a legitimate concern about how to grow the quality of our lives."

"Marcia Timmel said: "I'm so small and the darkness is so great." We must light a candle."

"The Democratic Party has lost much of its credibility with working class and poor people.  It retards progress towards presenting a genuine alternative."

"There is no time for timidity."

-Paul Wellstone
bagelman
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 12, 2017, 11:02:46 pm »
Ignore

March 10th, 2008

Claude Trollo
Kalwejt
Moderators
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 13, 2017, 08:23:49 am »
Ignore

Can't choose.

Kal is like Strache when he pushed Jorg Haider out of the FPO, and we all know how that ended Sad
SunriseAroundTheWorld
YaBB God
Israel

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 13, 2017, 10:07:33 am »
Ignore

I was thinking about posting this to AAD in the Worst Posts thread, but I'm going to say it here.  It's probably a more appropriate place to vent about these sort of things.

Those of you who think that bad election nights are the worst days of your lives - and I mean this to those who are sincere in that judgment - guess what, you haven't seen tragedy.  I was literally sick the night that Trump won, and if it weren't for some self-medication, I would've spent the evening vomiting my brains out.  Sure, it was bad, but try coming home one night to find your father's corpse on the cold garage floor.  Try watching a festering skin disease slowly eat away at one of the only people who's still in your life, without support from extended family.  Try being violently stalked and harassed by total strangers who break into your house or apartment, piss in your pets' cage, walk out with your sht, hock on your front door, and continue to intrude on your rights and your privacy to the point of you losing your mind as well as your dignity.  That's tragedy.  And I in no way mean to discount the many lives that are in danger under Trump's presidency, but when life hits hard, you realize that elections are little more than blood sport that we just sit back and watch.  And, being honest, most of the folks here are capable of living their lives as normal regardless of who's president.

So don't tell us that a bad election was the worst day of your life.  Because if that must be the case, then clearly you've never experienced life.

Thank you for sharing, Scott. I really hope things get a lot better for you soon.

And I agree 100%. Election night losses are like sports losses: They suck, but they are no where near the end of the world or the worst moment's of one's life.

"While we may be of different faiths, we have a strong sense of faith, family, community. We hold the values of freedom and human rights very high and I think that those are all a part of a very strong quilt that binds us together." - Bob Menendez (D-NJ)

Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout