WI-01: Ryan to face credible Democratic opponent (WSJ) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:44:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  WI-01: Ryan to face credible Democratic opponent (WSJ) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: WI-01: Ryan to face credible Democratic opponent (WSJ)  (Read 4327 times)
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« on: June 02, 2017, 09:32:33 AM »

It could get close, but it would take an incredibly massive wave for Ryan to lose with how WI-01 is drawn. Too much Waukesha County and not enough Rock County

Shhhh, don't ruin their dreams that it's a 50/50 district.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2017, 06:25:25 AM »

Ryan won 65-30 in 2016. Trump also won the district 53-41. I don't think Ryan is going to lose his seat. I can see him just resigning if he loses the speakership which is possible.

Ryan also only won by 10 points in 2012 against a who cares candidate. I can definitely recognize that beating Ryan would mean Democrats have already won the House and then some, but it doesn't hurt that Dems have a credible candidate for once.

Zerban was a very popular and well liked person from the Kenosha (think it was county) board. He has support outside of traditional Democrats. Outside of Ryan's first two elections it was the only time he faced a serious challenger. It was also a perfect storm in the Preaidenrial election that he was on. Then in two years against the same candidate he went back to his normal domination. In summation, he's not losing.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies