Biden in the Mix
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 08:34:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Biden in the Mix
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Biden in the Mix  (Read 984 times)
Lord Admirale
Admiral President
YaBB God
United States Minor Outlying Islands

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -0.70

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 02, 2017, 01:06:57 PM »

Biden in the Mix

Vice President Joe Biden in May of 2015

Joe Biden's son, Beau, recovers from brain cancer and doesn't pass away right as the campaign season kicks off. With his son's recovery, Biden launches the Vision for Leadership PAC and forms an exploratory committee to look into a run for the Democratic nomination for President of the United States.

While much of the Democratic establishment filed behind former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, Biden would hold an advantage as President Barack Obama's sitting Vice President and his long service as a public servant. However, Clinton still had a strong war chest for her presidential campaign and had the backing of most sitting Democratic Senators.

By mid June, Biden's exploratory committee concluded that the Vice President stood a good chance at securing the Democratic nomination, however would need to put up a strong fight to bring down Secretary Clinton and Senator Sanders.

On June 12, with Jill and their two sons, Biden decided that he would run for the Presidency for the third time in his life.
Lord Admirale
Admiral President
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2017, 02:05:24 PM »

June 15
Wilmington, Delaware -

Good afternoon, my fellow Americans.

I have been in public service for over forty years. In those forty years, we've seen multiple costly bloody and costly wars ended, the fall of the Soviet Union and collapse of communism in Europe, the September 11th terror attacks, the subsequent War on Terror, the Great Recession, and the election of our first African-American president, whom I've been proud to serve.

[applause]

We've risen through our struggles, but despite the accomplishments of our President, there's still work to be done. We've recovered from the worst economic crisis since the Great Depression, yet there are people who continue to be taken advantage of by those at the top. We managed to end the War in Iraq, however a new threat looms in the Middle East that must be dealt with appropriately. There's gridlock in Washington, which prevents us from helping the American people.

We deserve leadership with a steady hand and experience. We need a leader who can Not just soundbites; actual promises. We deserve someone who knows how to guide this nation through not just triumph, but hardship, too. We deserve someone who can does not represent Wall Street, but represent those who work hard every day keeping our nation running.

Which is why I have decided that I will run for the office of President of the United States!

[applause]

I believe that I can keep this nation on the right track as some threats do loom on the horizon. I promise, as your President, that I will work to benefit the middle and working classes and to say "no" to those on the top. I promise that I will keep our nation safe while avoiding expensive and useless wars. I promise that I will make sure I work with both parties to ensure our government benefits everyone and avoid partisan gridlock at all costs. And to those who say I won't, I tell them "that's a bunch of malarkey!"

[applause]

Thank you, God bless you, and God bless the United States of America!

[applause; chanting Bi-den!]

Lord Admirale
Admiral President
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2017, 02:53:39 PM »

Biden Receives First Endorsements

Senators Chris Coons (left) and Tom Carper (right)

Following his announcement of his presidential run, Vice President Biden received his first official endorsements from Delaware's two Senators; Chris Coons (who succeeded Biden in his special election) and Tom Carper.

Governor Jack Markell and Congressman John C. Carney, Jr.

The next day, Joe Biden received an endorsement from Delaware's Governor, Jack Markell, and Delaware's lone Congressman, John C. Carney. 

Democratic Presidential Primary Polls
Former Secretary Hillary Clinton - 38%
Vice President Joe Biden - 32%
Senator Bernie Sanders - 24%
Undecided/Other - 6%

Secretary Clinton maintains a lead over Biden and Sanders, however Biden trails only by six-points.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2017, 01:59:21 AM »

Go Joe!
Lord Admirale
Admiral President
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2017, 08:15:58 PM »
« Edited: June 05, 2017, 05:28:02 PM by Irritable Moderate »

Biden Hits the Campaign Trail

Vice President Biden in Davenport, Iowa

Vice President kicked off his presidential campaign with his first campaign stop in Davenport, Iowa on July 6. A large audience joined him for his speech on the importance of agricultural jobs, improving infrastructure in Iowa and the rest of the nation, and better conditions for American workers.

"When we look ahead to the next four or eight years, we need to choose the best future for Iowa, and subsequently, the nation as a whole," Biden said.

Biden also spent the next week campaigning around the state, notably visiting Des Moines, Sioux City, the Iowa State University, Mount Pleasant, and Cedar Falls.

Iowa Polls
Hillary Clinton - 38%
Joe Biden - 36%
Bernie Sanders - 21%
Martin O'Malley - 2%
Lord Admirale
Admiral President
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2017, 06:46:24 PM »

Restarting this topic later. I have a different point of divergence for it. Locking it.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies