Hillary blames DNC for loss, credits Obama's looks for breaking racial barrier !
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 01:43:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Hillary blames DNC for loss, credits Obama's looks for breaking racial barrier !
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Hillary blames DNC for loss, credits Obama's looks for breaking racial barrier !  (Read 3065 times)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2017, 02:12:29 PM »

Her image is shot no matter what she does, except when she is the passive victim of her husband's cheating, or losing to Obama. If that's what it takes to have a positive image, who cares? I'd rather she say what she thinks forthrightly, the more frank the better.

Except she still fails to see and acknowledge her own f**k-ups. Sorry, but it's like a child who lost a play and now is blaming everyone. Come on, Hillary, don't go down like that.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2017, 02:13:25 PM »

Her image is shot no matter what she does, except when she is the passive victim of her husband's cheating, or losing to Obama. If that's what it takes to have a positive image, who cares? I'd rather she say what she thinks forthrightly, the more frank the better.

Except she still fails to see and acknowledge her own f**k-ups. Sorry, but it's like a child who lost a play and now is blaming everyone. Come on, Hillary, don't go down like that.
Execpt she does acknowledge them.

I mean holy sh**t, are you that blinded by Clinton hate you can't see she has several times acknowledged her part in it.  You are just as bad as the media with this bashing of her.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2017, 02:15:30 PM »

The obsession with her "acknolwedg[ing] her own f**k-ups" will matter when Trump acknowledges his f**k-ups and apologizes to everyone he's ever insulted, and for every mistake he's made. Sorry, I'm not going to hold the woman who got 3 million more votes, to a higher standard- again, than the man who could start a nuclear war.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2017, 02:15:48 PM »

Execpt she does acknowledge them.

I mean holy sh**t, are you that blinded by Clinton hate you can't see she has several times acknowledged her part in it.  You are just as bad as the media with this bashing of her.

How about we all just agree to stop constantly re-litigating the 2016 primaries?  Literally nothing productive has come from it.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2017, 02:17:57 PM »
« Edited: June 03, 2017, 02:20:27 PM by Invisible Obama »

The people who hate Hillary and are tired of hearing about her are always the first to comment on what she says. At least she actually acknowledges that she lost, unlike Bernie Sanders and she isn't claiming massive voter fraud like Trump.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2017, 02:22:01 PM »

I'm done holding Hillary Clinton to a higher standard than everyone else.

Do you see James Comey apologizing for his f**k ups?
Do you see Trump apologizing?
Do you see Putin apologizing?
Hillary supporters aren't the ones with a lawsuit pending over the election result.

Why can't people see that if she had been held to the same standard as Trump or any of these men, she would be 500 miles ahead, and have won the election in a landslide? It's not her, it's our sick culture. The same culture, mind you, that produced the Iraq war, the Wall Street bubble, and Trump.
Sumner 1868
tara gilesbie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2017, 02:22:58 PM »

The people who hate Hillary and are tired of hearing about her are always the first to comment on what she says. At least she actually acknowledges that she lost, unlike Bernie Sanders.

I'm not sick of hearing this, actually. She is finally showing her true character.
Sumner 1868
tara gilesbie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2017, 02:26:17 PM »

I'm done holding Hillary Clinton to a higher standard than everyone else.

Do you see James Comey apologizing for his f**k ups?
Do you see Trump apologizing?
Do you see Putin apologizing?
Hillary supporters aren't the ones with a lawsuit pending over the election result.

Why can't people see that if she had been held to the same standard as Trump or any of these men, she would be 500 miles ahead, and have won the election in a landslide? It's not her, it's our sick culture. The same culture, mind you, that produced the Iraq war, the Wall Street bubble, and Trump.

The culture that makes Hillary Clinton important but Shirley Chisholm a footnote?

She is no victim - she's a failed swindler who lost to a bigger one.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2017, 02:28:52 PM »

The people who hate Hillary and are tired of hearing about her are always the first to comment on what she says. At least she actually acknowledges that she lost, unlike Bernie Sanders.

I'm not sick of hearing this, actually. She is finally showing her true character.

Yes, she's finally showing what she really thinks, and that's a good thing. If you don't like it you can s**k it.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2017, 02:33:21 PM »

Am I really the only Democrat who is sick of both Hillary supporters and Sanders supporters whining about the primaries from a previous election cycle?  
Angrie

« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2017, 02:34:32 PM »

She had a chance of being remembered primairly as the first major party woman presidential nominee. Now she's doing everything to be remembered solely as a sore loser who lost to Donald F*KIN Trump of all people. She should really take a break, collect herself and start a new chapter in her life, now that her presidential aspirations are gone. There are still meaningful things she can do.

I agree. She isn't doing herself any favors here. I honestly do believe the Comey letter, the leaks and other things hurt her and probably cost her the election, but the fact is, the election never should have been this close to begin with. She was a weak candidate with lots of damaging baggage who ran a bad strategy. I don't have a problem with her returning to the scene and helping the party regain its footing, but sitting around pointing fingers is getting ridiculous now. Why is she even talking about this? If someone asks her about it, she should give a generic, harmless answer and move on. Stop fking talking about it. We've heard it all already, and her continued comments on it are not helping anything and only making her look bad. Ironically, this was another one of her big problems - she is chronically tone deaf and seemingly unable to understand how her actions or words affect her image.

Well put on all points. The only thing I would add is that she actually won in the sense of democratic (but not legal) legitimacy, by winning the popular vote. So it is also the fault of the broken and illegitimate electoral college system.
Angrie

« Reply #36 on: June 03, 2017, 02:36:12 PM »

But yeah, the only people who are helped by continuing to talk about this are Congressional Republicans. The more Clinton stays in the public eye, the more it gives them a bright shiny object to point at in the 2018 midterms, as a distraction from the disaster of Trump.
Sumner 1868
tara gilesbie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2017, 02:40:26 PM »

Yes, she's finally showing what she really thinks, and that's a good thing. If you don't like it you can s**k it.

I do like it. It proves once and for all she simply masks her grandiose sense of self-worth rather than flaunt it like Drumpf. I always suspected this but she has kindly offered proof in the past couple of weeks.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2017, 02:42:35 PM »

The more Clinton stays in the public eye, the more it gives them a bright shiny object to point at in the 2018 midterms, as a distraction from the disaster of Trump.

The midterms are a whopping 17 months away.  No one's going to remember what Hillary Clinton was talking about that many months in the future, nor will anyone care.  Heck, I doubt anyone beyond political nerds like us is even paying much attention to what she's saying right now.  No political impact from what she's saying, IMHO.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2017, 02:45:45 PM »

I do like it. It proves once and for all she simply masks her grandiose sense of self-worth rather than flaunt it like Drumpf. I always suspected this but she has kindly offered proof in the past couple of weeks.

Literally no one cares about Hillary anymore except the Clintons themselves, a handful of congressional Republicans, and some of the more extreme Berniecrats.  This isn't some sort of huge revelation. 
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #40 on: June 03, 2017, 02:48:07 PM »

Given who's in the White House, I'd rather someone who flaunts their grandiose sense of self-worth rather than lurks in the shadows out of fear of judgement. Probably should've done it more.
Sumner 1868
tara gilesbie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2017, 02:48:37 PM »

Literally no one cares about Hillary anymore except the Clintons themselves, a handful of congressional Republicans, and some of the more extreme Berniecrats.

Then why comment? Huh
Sumner 1868
tara gilesbie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #42 on: June 03, 2017, 02:51:28 PM »

Given who's in the White House, I'd rather someone who flaunts their grandiose sense of self-worth rather than lurks in the shadows out of fear of judgement. Probably should've done it more.

Tongue
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #43 on: June 03, 2017, 02:56:22 PM »

Literally no one cares about Hillary anymore except the Clintons themselves, a handful of congressional Republicans, and some of the more extreme Berniecrats.

Then why comment? Huh

Because it's irritating how many threads here are just whining about the 2016 primaries (or more often, get derailed by said whining). 
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #44 on: June 03, 2017, 03:44:51 PM »

Why must Hillbots always shoot the messenger? Shadows is a low-quality poster, sure, but how is this thread "spam"? Are people not supposed to report on an ex-Presidential candidate giving her (delusional) thoughts about why she lost in a public setting?

What X said. This nearly identical thread has been made at least 10 times by Shadows in particular, and the posts that populate these threads are the exact same people hand-wringing over and over again. Why people care so much about a losing politician who will never run for anything ever again is beyond me.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #45 on: June 03, 2017, 04:00:13 PM »

Whenever Hillary complains about losing just remember this fact:

Stops in California - 3
Stops in Wisconsin - 0

Hillary made plenty of stops in Pennsylvania and it didn't mean anything.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #46 on: June 03, 2017, 04:46:28 PM »
« Edited: June 03, 2017, 05:48:38 PM by Fearless Leader X »

Whenever Hillary complains about losing just remember this fact:

Stops in California - 3
Stops in Wisconsin - 0

With all due respect, no one cares how many times Hillary gave a generic, focus-group tested stump speech in California or Wisconsin.  Hillary didn't lose Wisconsin because she didn't visit the state three times.

Why must Hillbots always shoot the messenger? Shadows is a low-quality poster, sure, but how is this thread "spam"? Are people not supposed to report on an ex-Presidential candidate giving her (delusional) thoughts about why she lost in a public setting?

If y'all would stop foaming at the mouth like a rabid dog whenever she says a word, she'd finally fade into obscurity like Palin did.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #47 on: June 03, 2017, 05:23:43 PM »

What X said. This nearly identical thread has been made at least 10 times by Shadows in particular, and the posts that populate these threads are the exact same people hand-wringing over and over again. Why people care so much about a losing politician who will never run for anything ever again is beyond me.

Uh, probably because she's still a vocal figure whose statements are covered by national media? Huh

Wow, it's her fault that you have to bitch and moan at everything she has to say. 
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #48 on: June 03, 2017, 05:30:30 PM »

Hillary claiming the DNC kept data from her team is the most asinine thing said by her in my view.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #49 on: June 03, 2017, 05:34:18 PM »

The obsession with her "acknolwedg[ing] her own f**k-ups" will matter when Trump acknowledges his f**k-ups and apologizes to everyone he's ever insulted, and for every mistake he's made. Sorry, I'm not going to hold the woman who got 3 million more votes, to a higher standard- again, than the man who could start a nuclear war.

Nice post Beet. Keeps things in perspective.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies