The Road to the White House 2024
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:18:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  The Road to the White House 2024
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The Road to the White House 2024  (Read 2361 times)
Medal506
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 03, 2017, 05:15:07 PM »

January 8, 2024

Wolf Blizter: with just three weeks before the first votes in the 2024 election will be casted here is an update on the polls in both parties

Republican Primary - National polling

Ted Cruz 32%
Matt Bevin 22%
Mike Pence 15%
Todd Young 9%
Josh Mandel 8%
Charlie Baker 2%
Undecided 2%

Wolf Blizter: On the Republican side Senator Ted Cruz has maintained a lead in the polls for almost a month now. However it isn't looking at all good for the Incumbant Vice President Mike Pence. Pence who was the front runner at the beginning of last year has now fallen to third place right behind Governor Bevin. There are some inside sources in the Pence campaign that are saying that the Vice President is considering still staying in the race even if he loses the Iowa caucuses.

Republican Primary - Iowa

Mike Pence 46%
Ted Cruz 36%
Matt Bevin 10%
Josh Mandel 4%
Todd Young 1%
Charlie Baker 0%
Undecided 3%

Jake Tapper: Well Wolf speaking of the Iowa caucuses we also have so polling data on that. Right now Vice President Pence is leading by double digits. The Vice President has said he believes he will win in Iowa. However one thing we do have to keep in mind is that the polling data in Iowa has been very misleading on the Republican side in the past few election cycles. In fact we can just look back 8 years ago when then candidate Trump was leading Senator Cruz by 12 points in Iowa just the day before the Iowa caucuses and Senator Cruz ended up winning the Iowa caucuses by 3 points.

Wolf Blizter: On the Democratic side we have only 3 candidates.

Democratic Primary - National polling

Kamala Harris 49%
Keith Elison 20%
Sherrod Brown 20%
Undecided 11%

Democratic Primary - Iowa

Kamala Harris 45%
Keith Elison 39%
Sherrod Brown 10%
Undecided 6%

Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2017, 05:17:17 PM »

How did the 2020 election go?
Medal506
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2017, 05:25:20 PM »

President Donald J. Trump (R-NY)/Vice President Mike Pence (R-IN) - 355 EV 51.5% PV
Senator Elizabeth Warren (D-MA)/Governor Roy Cooper (D-NC) - 183 EV 47.0% PV
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2017, 05:51:43 PM »

Close states?
Medal506
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2017, 07:12:10 PM »

January 25, 2024

CNN BREAKING NEWS

two factions in the GOP teaming up to make sure they control who the nominee for President of the Republican Party is.

Two alignceces have been made today in the GOP. With just ten days before the Iowa caucuses the Tea Party wing of the GOP have formed an alliance to make sure the next Republican nominee and who they hope to be the next president of the United States will be one of them. Today Senators Ted Cruz, Josh Mandel, and former Governor Matt Bevin all three tea party conservatives and all three running against each other for the Republican nomination have formed an alliance to prevent a more moderate Republican like Senator Todd Young or former Governor Charlie Baker from winning the GOP nomination. The deal is that which ever one of them wins Iowa will stay in the race. The other two that lose Iowa will drop out and endorse the winner of Iowa. However both Senator Young and Governor Baker decided to make the same alliance. Which ever of the two wins the New Hampshire primary will stay in the race how ever the loser will drop out and endorse the winner in New Hampshire. Vice President Pence was offered to be in the tea party alliance however declined to join any alliance stating that he will "win by himself"
Former Senator Haslam2020
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2017, 10:28:40 PM »

So Cruz vs Pence vs Baker or Young? Nice!
Hoosier_Nick
Nicholas_Roberts
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.03, S: -7.22

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2017, 01:09:52 AM »

January 25, 2024

CNN BREAKING NEWS

two factions in the GOP teaming up to make sure they control who the nominee for President of the Republican Party is.

Two alignceces have been made today in the GOP. With just ten days before the Iowa caucuses the Tea Party wing of the GOP have formed an alliance to make sure the next Republican nominee and who they hope to be the next president of the United States will be one of them. Today Senators Ted Cruz, Josh Mandel, and former Governor Matt Bevin all three tea party conservatives and all three running against each other for the Republican nomination have formed an alliance to prevent a more moderate Republican like Senator Todd Young or former Governor Charlie Baker from winning the GOP nomination. The deal is that which ever one of them wins Iowa will stay in the race. The other two that lose Iowa will drop out and endorse the winner of Iowa. However both Senator Young and Governor Baker decided to make the same alliance. Which ever of the two wins the New Hampshire primary will stay in the race how ever the loser will drop out and endorse the winner in New Hampshire. Vice President Pence was offered to be in the tea party alliance however declined to join any alliance stating that he will "win by himself"

How is Senator Young a moderate?
Medal506
United States

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2017, 09:18:56 AM »

Bevin and Mandel are still running for the nomination
Medal506
United States

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2017, 10:58:55 AM »

January 26, 2024

CNN BREAKING NEWS: Elison to Brown supporters. A vote for Brown is a vote for Kamala Harris. Congressman Keith Elison and presidential candidates today is urging voters just 9 days before the Iowa caucuses to vote for him. Elison right now is making the claim that the Democratic Party has to have a "true progressive" as their nominee or the Republicans will win again. Elison when asked about what he believes is a true progressive in an interview with Chris Mathews on NBC said "A true progressive is someone who looks out for his or her supporters. A true progressive is a man or woman who isn't beholden to his or her supporters but instead is beholden to the American people. A true progressive is someone who can love America and can say that he or she is proud to be an American and can recognize that even though America is the best country that God put on earth that there are so things that need to be worked on in this country, a true progressive is someone who stands up and says no to cooperate money and instead reaches out to the grass roots. And Chris I can go on and on about what a true progressive is and we can just be here for another 24 hours. But instead I'm just going to tell you what a true progressive is not." Elison went on to slam both Harris and Brown claiming that Harris voting record as not as liberal as his and that Brown who once was a good liberal but Elison is now claiming that Brown is trying to collude with Harris to help Harris win the Democratic nomination with a plurality of votes. Elison even went as far to compare Brown to Former Ohio Governor John Kasich who ran for President in the Republican Party 8 years ago. Many believed that if it weren't for him Ted Cruz probably would have been the Republican nominee instead of Donald Trump. Elison made this statement. "We've had the likes of a Brown and Harris alliance that are actually indistinguishable between that secret alliance that President Trump and Mr. Kaisch had and they end up bringin us leaders like Trump"
Medal506
United States

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2017, 11:22:50 AM »

January 26, 2024

CNN BREAKING NEWS: President Trump to Keith Elison "Stop being a sore loser!"

President Trump today was asked in an interview with Tucker Carlson from Fox News  earlier today about Elison in the 2024 election. Here is what the President had to say "Well let me tell you something about this guy Keith Elison and I've met him quite a few times and all the stuff he says about me behind my back he actually never says to my face so this guy Keith Elison he's a real coward and he's just a real nasty guy and he's never going to be president and he probably won't even be the democratic nominee and he's already being a sore loser. I mean the guy hasn't even lost yet but he knows he's going to so he's already being a sore loser and he compares Senator Brown who I disagree with on a lot of issues but he compares him to John Kasich. I would actually compare him to John Kasich because of how much of a sore loser both of them are." When the president was asked about this alleged secret alliance that Elison brought up he said that there was no alliance between him and Kasich. However there was an alliance between Cruz and Kasich. When the President was ask if he's ready to support anyone he declined to endorse anyone however he's said good things about all of the Republican candidates. In addition he's said that all of them would make an Infinantly better president than of the democratic candidates. When the President was asked about Cruz he's said this "Well look I like Ted Cruz I really do. I think he's a great guy, great, husband, he has two beautiful daughters and a very beautiful wife, he's a really good friend of mine and I think he'd make an outstanding president." The President was asked about the past between him and Cruz. "Well you know there were times when Ted and I had our differences and I don't agree with all of his political views and there were times that were pretty heated on the campaign trail and if you want my honest opinion there were times during the 2016 republican primary where I though my God Ted might actually win this thing and so you know he's one hell of a competitor and I think if the Republicans decide they want Ted Cruz as their nominee for President I think it's pretty clear who the next president will be". President Trump said he's not endorsing anyone yet however he's pretty confident that one of the 6 republicans on that stage will be his successor.
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2017, 01:59:08 PM »

Ellison would lose in a GE.
Medal506
United States

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2017, 08:41:49 PM »

Febuary 1, 2024

Polling updates in both parties

Republican Primary - National Polling

Ted Cruz 37%
Mike Pence 20%
Matt Bevin 19%
Josh Mandel 11%
Todd Young 6%
Charlie Baker 1%
Undecided 6%

Republican Primary - Iowa

Ted Cruz 35%
Mike Pence 35%
Matt Bevin 20%
Josh Mandel 3%
Charlie Baker 0%
Undecided 7%

Republican Primary - New Hampshire

Charlie Baker 26%
Mike Pence 23%
Ted Cruz 22%
Josh Mandel 10%
Matt Bevin 5%
Todd Young 2%
undecided 12%

Democratic Primary - National polling

Kamala Harris 55%
Sherrod Brown 25%
Keith Ellison 10%
Undecided 10%

Democratic Primary - Iowa

Kamala Harris 47%
Sherrod Brown 28%
Keith Ellison 10%
Undecided 15%

Democratic Primary - New Hampshire

Sherrod Brown 49%
Keith Ellison 34%
Kamala Harris 12%
Undecided 5%
Medal506
United States

« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2017, 08:54:46 PM »

Febuary 2, 2024

Brietbart News Democratic president candidate Senator Kamala Harris says something she never though she would ever say before. "I cannot for the life of me believe I'm saying this but President Trump is right". Senator Harris slamming Keith Ellison for "whining" about the polling data and is now comparing him to President Trump saying this "Whenever the President doesn't get what he wants he whines, kicks, screams, cries, and throws tantrums just like how a toddler would throw a tantrum" The Califonia Senator moments later said this "Keith (boos from the Harris supporters at her rally) as much as I like you Keith you're not going to be President and you will certainly not be our party's nominee come this November".
Medal506
United States

« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2017, 08:43:53 PM »

Febuary 4, 2024

CNN BREAKING NEWS: Senator Tom Cotton from Arkansas endorses Ted Cruz day before Iowa.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2017, 12:44:12 AM »

I'm going out on a limb here to say that you were a Ted Cruz supporter in 2016, correct?
Medal506
United States

« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2017, 08:34:29 PM »

February 5, 2024

CNN DECISION NIGHT 24

8:00 PM EST:

Wolf Blizter:: And we are back to you tonight decision night 2024. It is do or die for some of the Republican candidates tonight and even possibly for Congressman Keith Ellison. Ellison is from Minnesota which is a neighboring state to Iowa so Ellison should do well tonight. Although if he doesn't then even some of the people in his campaign say it may be time for an intervention at the very least. Texas Senator Ted Cruz in the last poll was the front runner in Iowa, However on the Republican side the front runner in Iowa usually doesn't get Iowa. As well the Texas senator himself says he believes that he will be the first Republican to win Iowa even though historically on the Republican side the runner up in the Iowa caucuses polls usually wins. Senator Cruz also said in a campaign rally yesterday that he will be the nominee for the GOP in November and he will be President. Now keep in mind that the Texas senator said this 8 years ago and that didn't really end up happening. Vice President Pence's campaign has came out and said that the Vice President will be coming out tonight to make a very important announcement about the future of his campaign. The Vice President's campaign manager Rick Tyler said that the announcement will depend on the outcome of tonight's results. Most likely the Pence campaign is hinting that if the Vice President doesn't come out on top tonight then he will be most likely ending his campaign.

8:30 PM EST

Wolf Blizter: Okay now results are coming in on both sides. There is expected to be around 200,000 voters showing up to the polls on the Republican side. On the Democratic side Ellison was hoping for a high voter turn out and he may have gotten his wish. Around 200,000 voters are also expected to turn out on the Democratic side. Will the mean an upset for Ellison. Right now it is actually hard to predict the out come on the Democratic side. Also results are taking a bit longer to get to us tonight, however we should have them by 9:00 PM.

9:00 PM EST

Wolf Blizter: And we are back. With 45% of the vote in on the Republican side.

Republican Primary (Iowa - 45% In)

Ted Cruz - 46%
Matt Bevin - 32%
Mike Pence - 15%
Todd Young - 2%
Josh Mandel - 1%
Charlie Baker - 0%

Wolf Blizter: It is not looking good for the Vice President at all. He was hoping for at least second place however he is a very distant third. Pence right now is trailing Senator Cruz by 31 points.
Medal506
United States

« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2017, 09:17:22 PM »

CNN DECISION NIGHT 24

9:30 PM EST

Wolf Blizter: Alright and welcome back to CNN DECISION NIGHT 24. CNN has a major projection to make.

CNN PROJECTION

Ted Cruz winner of Iowa

Wolf Blizter
: CNN is now projecting that Senator Ted Cruz will be the winner in Iowa tonight. With 74% of the vote in here are the results so far.

Republican Primary (Iowa 74% In)

Ted Cruz - 56% ✔ (Winner take all - 32)
Matt Bevin - 28%
Mike Pence - 5%
Todd Young - 2%
Josh Mandel - 1%
Charlie Baker - >1
Medal506
United States

« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2017, 09:28:51 PM »

CNN DECISION NIGHT 24

9:45 PM EST

Wolf Blizter: Alright we are back now and CNN has another major projection to make. With 93 percent of the vote in on the Democratic side.

CNN PROJECTION

Senator Sherrod Brown winner of Iowa

Wolf Blizter: CNN is now projecting that Former Senator from Ohio Sherrod Brown will be the winner of Iowa. Major upset tonight on the Democratic side. Senator Brown a distant second in the polls now winning with over 60 percent of the vote in Iowa. Keith Ellison just right over the 15 percent threshold to receive any delegates tonight. We just heard from the Ellison campaign and Ellison is deciding to stay in the race and quote "fight on until the end".

Democratic Primary - (Iowa 93% In)

Sherrod Brown - 62%
Kamala Harris - 21%
Keith Ellison - 18%
Medal506
United States

« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2017, 04:44:52 PM »

CNN DECISION NIGHT 24

11:00 PM EST

Wolf Blizter: Alright we are back now here at CNN news headquarters and we have some breaking news right now.

CNN BREAKING NEWS

Vice President Mike Pence and Senator Josh Mandel both suspend their campaigns for President. Matt Bevin stays in despite the pact between him, Cruz, and Mandel.

Wolf Blizter: Well no surprise with Pence and Mandel ending their campaigns tonight for president. What is surprising that came out tonight is Kentucky Governor Matt Bevin actually betrayed the deal he had with Mandel and Cruz. We're still waiting to hear why he decided to go against the deal he made with Senator Cruz especially since Iowa wasn't even that close.
Medal506
United States

« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2017, 06:57:08 PM »

Febuary 6, 2024

CNN BREAKING NEWS

Governor Bevin on why he is staying in the race. Matt Bevin "I'm staying in the race because I'm a Republican"

Governor Matt Bevin just minutes ago tweeted this in responds to his decision to go against the pact of himself, Cruz, and Mandel. Here is what Bevin had to say in responds on his tweeter feed "Last night I made a crucial decision that would impact the future of our great country. I've decided to continue our campaign for president. I know that Senators Cruz and Young who I would add both very good friends of mine want me out of the race, however despite the pact I made with Ted and Josh I realized when I finished in second in Iowa that we are the Republican Party. A party that is supposed to be supportive of democracy and offers you multiple qualified leaders for president. I'm sorry to say this @tedcruz but we are not the Democratic Party that just selects the nominee in advance. Don't like it join the Democratic Party"

Governor Bevin since then has gotten a lot of backlash for the last part of his tweet. Senator Cruz responded to Governor Bevin in an interview with Joe Scarborough earlier today. Senator Cruz "Well I think Matt has every right to stay in the race if he wants to after all I am a constitutionalist however I'm disappointed in Matt for behaving himself in a similar way that the establishment Republicans behaves themselves. Matt basically lied to me and Josh when he said that we back the winner of Iowa one of the three of us and now if as consequence should Matt Bevin be the nominee for president he has given the American people a bad taste in their mouths and he's esentailly gave the Democratic nominee whomever that might be wether it's Sherrod Brown, Kamala Harris, or Keith Ellison. Matt has now given them ammo because if Matt is our nominee for president I know Sherrod Brown won Iowa so I'm just going to use him as an example. Let's say Governor Bevin wins the Republican nomination and faces Sherrod Brown in November. Sherrod will make the argument that Matt Bevin is a liar, he will say how can we trust Matt Bevin to not betray the American people when Matt practically betrayed his own party. And honestly Joe Matt and I are still good friends but I don't know Im disappointed in Matt because I think he may have just critically damaged himself and he may end up fracturing the Republican Party"
Former Senator Haslam2020
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2017, 08:49:33 PM »

How did Pence get 5% when Cruz got 56%? But good tl
Medal506
United States

« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2017, 09:06:24 PM »

I did an extremely shocking result in the Iowa caucuses in my TL for both parties. So in the last poll I made Cruz and Pence were both tied with 35% of the vote. Bevin finished in a very distant second and Pence in a distant third. Btw this isn't based on my predictions in the future this is just for fun. I haven't even decided who will the nominees and who will be president
Medal506
United States

« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2017, 09:47:11 PM »

Febuary 8, 2024

CNN NEWS President Trump: "Matt Bevin is a liar" Sherrod Brown and Ted Cruz both trying to shove their opponents out of the race.

It looks as if the race is starting to get very heated on both sides. With Republican front runner Ted Cruz and Democratic front runner Sherrod Brown leading heavily among their parties both are trying to get their opponents out of the race one by one. Senators Cruz and Young both seem to be on who should be in the race. President Trump said this last night about the state of the Republican Party "Well quite frankly I don't know what the hell is going on with these non aggression pacts in our party. I mean maybe it could be a winning strategy for our future nominee however I'm not really a big fan about these pacts" when the President was asked specifically about Matt Bevin here's what he said "Well look I like Matt him and I are really good friends, however quite frankly and I'm trying to seem as non bias as possible because I don't want to tilt the republican primary towards one candidate the way Obama tried to do this year and I would add failed horribly, but getting back to the point I think Ted is right. I mean a deal is a deal and I remember all of my supporter weren't too happy with Ted when he didn't endorse and I would imagine that a lot of Ted's supporters and many of my supporters who supporting Ted probably aren't too happy about that fact that Matt Bevin basically lied to the Republicans in Iowa. I mean you know I think on this one Ted and I don't agree on everything but I think on this one Ted is right and I my opinion I think Matt should keep up with the deal that he made with Senators Cruz and Mandel."
Medal506
United States

« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2017, 09:54:17 PM »
« Edited: June 08, 2017, 10:00:02 PM by Medal506 »

Febuary 8, 2024

CNN BREAKING NEWS
: Republican presidential candidate slams Donald Trump. Matt Bevin just tweeted out minutes ago on his Twitter feed this. "@realdonaldtrump with friends like you who needs enemies?" Could this be the end for Matt Bevin?
Medal506
United States

« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2017, 10:01:24 PM »

Febuary 8, 2024

CNN: Senator Cruz on Governor Bevin: "He's becoming the John Kasich of the 2024 election"
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies