Opinion of Jeffster?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 11:40:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of Jeffster?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Skip
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 38

Author Topic: Opinion of Jeffster?  (Read 3018 times)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2017, 11:44:13 AM »

We're all going to die.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2017, 11:52:22 AM »

Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2017, 12:00:17 PM »

The problem with Jeffster isn't that he has conservative views. The problem with him is that he's purposely trying to start fights with people by insulting their religious beliefs:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2017, 12:31:27 PM »

"Why do you still follow a faith where the prophet was a violent warlord who raped a child?"

Someone thinks the comment above does not violate the TOS?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2017, 12:46:57 PM »

"Why do you still follow a faith where the prophet was a violent warlord who raped a child?"

People have said worse about L. Ron Hubbard, and I bet it passes the ToS muster.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2017, 12:54:57 PM »

People have said worse about L. Ron Hubbard, and I bet it passes the ToS muster.

Yeah, Scientology is in a special category. To me, it is a criminal conspiracy, the main business plan of which is to separate folks from their money. It's socially acceptable and mainstream to say that, so it does not violate the TOS. But hey, if the mods of this board think it does, I get my first infraction point!  Wouldn't that be special? Smiley
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2017, 12:56:15 PM »

Yeah, Scientologists are in a special category. To me they are a criminal conspiracy, the main business plan of which is to separate folks from their money. It's socially acceptable and mainstream to say that, so it does not violate the TOS. But hey, if the mods of this board think it does, I get my first infraction point!  Wouldn't that be special? Smiley

The point system is back?  Tongue

(Oh and yeah, Scientology is its own mafia)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2017, 01:01:24 PM »

Yeah, Scientologists are in a special category. To me they are a criminal conspiracy, the main business plan of which is to separate folks from their money. It's socially acceptable and mainstream to say that, so it does not violate the TOS. But hey, if the mods of this board think it does, I get my first infraction point!  Wouldn't that be special? Smiley

The point system is back?  Tongue

It's either one point, or 50 points (for a mute).  But the cave does not care about point totals per se. It is how the points were earned. And hey, some posts are infracted by other mods that I don't think should be infracted, and other mods will have that point of view as to some infracted posts. So when reviewing infracted posts when considering punishment, some posts do not carry any weight at all with some or most mods. I mean if an expletive deleted appears once in awhile, that is not going to have much traction, if any. That must be a relief to you, no, Grumps?  Tongue
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2017, 01:10:47 PM »

50 (mod review) and 100 (mute) options are in place so we can quickly shut down spam/sock accounts. It can be employed in extreme cases, such as Eharding going total bananas minutes after his temporary ban expired. Otherwise yes, it's just "one point".

I've been trying to nail you for three months now, Grumps, but you're too clever to be ambushed Sad
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2017, 01:12:49 PM »

Yeah, Scientologists are in a special category. To me they are a criminal conspiracy, the main business plan of which is to separate folks from their money. It's socially acceptable and mainstream to say that, so it does not violate the TOS. But hey, if the mods of this board think it does, I get my first infraction point!  Wouldn't that be special? Smiley

The point system is back?  Tongue

It's either one point, or 50 points (for a mute).  But the cave does not care about point totals per se. It is how the points were earned. And hey, some posts are infracted by other mods that I don't think should be infracted, and other mods will have that point of view as to some infracted posts. So when reviewing infracted posts when considering punishment, some posts do not carry any weight at all with some or most mods. I mean if an expletive deleted appears once in awhile, that is not going to have much traction, if any. That must be a relief to you, no, Grumps?  Tongue

I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2017, 01:44:19 PM »

I don't find that comment about Mohammed offensive or violating the TOS at all. Amazing that does and yet white supremacist ranting and krazen's obviously intentional trolling does not.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2017, 01:49:07 PM »

The comment is provocative, but doesn't really warrant anything further.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2017, 01:55:16 PM »

The main issue here is he launched a series of vicious, personal attacks, but keep skewing the reality.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: June 05, 2017, 01:56:00 PM »

I don't find that comment about Mohammed offensive or violating the TOS at all. Amazing that does and yet white supremacist ranting and krazen's obviously intentional trolling does not.

Obviously I disagree. Ask yourself this BRTD. What would most Muslims think of that comment? Would you make that comment to a Muslim face to face? In general one does not say things about another religion that its adherents would find deeply offensive.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #39 on: June 05, 2017, 01:59:08 PM »

Obviously I disagree. Ask yourself this BRTD. What would most Muslims think of that comment? Would you make that comment to a Muslim face to face? In general one does not say things about another religion that its adherents would find deeply offensive.

And what would most minorities think of the ranting about only wanting Aryan women or most liberals think of comments about they should be beaten? Or most Democrats think of krazen comments? Would those be made face to face?
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #40 on: June 05, 2017, 02:32:43 PM »

And what would most minorities think of the ranting about only wanting Aryan women or most liberals think of comments about they should be beaten? Or most Democrats think of krazen comments? Would those be made face to face?

This may blow your mind here, but it's possible to oppose both.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #41 on: June 05, 2017, 03:02:52 PM »

"Both sides do it!"

#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #42 on: June 05, 2017, 03:34:43 PM »

Personally I didn't care that he insulted My Religion but since it was Ramadan I did not want to have a childish argument back and break my fast I don't know how Badger or anybody else he insults feels I personally I didn't care that he insulted me
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #43 on: June 05, 2017, 03:39:32 PM »

Personally I didn't care that he insulted My Religion but since it was Ramadan I did not want to have a childish argument back and break my fast I don't know how Badger or anybody else he insults feels I personally I didn't care that he insulted me

Meh. Considering the source, water off my back. I have to admit the guilty pleasure it felt like when you're 6 and you punch one of those blow up clown things that you punch and immediately get back up over and over again period and instead of feeling frustrated it won't stay down it feels great every time the thing gets up and you knock it back down again.

Yeah, that's " debating" with jeffster in a nutshell. More invigorating than upsetting times ten
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #44 on: June 05, 2017, 03:40:15 PM »

This may blow your mind here, but it's possible to oppose both.

Absolutely comma but unfortunately only one Garners the mods attention anymore
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #45 on: June 05, 2017, 03:58:30 PM »

That was my point. I wasn't defending Jeffster but it seems silly he gets this while more prolific posters spewing worse are actually popular with the mods.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #46 on: June 05, 2017, 04:08:47 PM »

That was my point. I wasn't defending Jeffster but it seems silly he gets this while more prolific posters spewing worse are actually popular with the mods.

If you think the cave is not watching those posters carefully, you'd be mistaken.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #47 on: June 05, 2017, 05:37:01 PM »

If you think the cave is not watching those posters carefully, you'd be mistaken.

Uh oh.  They're scared now!
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #48 on: June 05, 2017, 06:38:44 PM »

Uh oh.  They're scared now!

Sadly, a troll's brain lacks a capacity to feel scared. Basic biological fact.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #49 on: June 05, 2017, 06:55:28 PM »

So the typical NY Times commenter is too conservative for Atlas now? Lol, the only ones we're quarantining is ourselves.

My opinion has nothing to do with his views. It's his overall attitude and behavior.

I don't see how his attitude has been excessive. He has long, articulate posts and doesn't do a lot of name calling or snark.

As an immigrant myself, I obviously don't share his views entirely either, but it's just funny and sad how this forum spends 7 months wailing and gnashing teeth over the WWC Dem who voted Trump, but when confronted with one, react to him like a bunch of triggered college students.
A good amount of my family and a lot of the people I know and grew up with are WWC and both GOP and Democrats... they aren't disgusting like Jeffster.

Sorry Beet, this isn't the cross you wanna die on.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies