Election Map 50-70 years from now
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:30:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Election Map 50-70 years from now
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Election Map 50-70 years from now  (Read 4166 times)
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 04, 2017, 04:54:26 PM »

show which are tossups,dem, and rep
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2017, 05:25:03 PM »
« Edited: June 04, 2017, 05:30:48 PM by heatcharger »

2072 election map:

Hopefully the electoral college is nuked by then.
DPKdebator
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.81, S: 3.65

P P P

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2017, 07:16:55 PM »

Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2017, 09:24:18 PM »

Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2017, 09:57:13 PM »
« Edited: June 04, 2017, 10:03:08 PM by Technocratic Timmy »

2068/2072:

Many of the would be Democratic states were tossups since it's a GOP realignment year.
cvparty
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2017, 09:57:40 PM »

the electoral college will be gone so it won't matter ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2017, 10:06:21 PM »

2068/2072:

Many of the would be Democratic states were tossups since it's a GOP realignment year.
So, the Dems are relegated to being the Party of Appalachia (plus a couple other states)?  Quite a change from the "Party of Coastal and Urban Elites" that they are today.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2017, 10:14:08 PM »

2068/2072:

So, the Dems are relegated to being the Party of Appalachia (plus a couple other states)?  Quite a change from the "Party of Coastal and Urban Elites" that they are today.

I used TD's timeline (and what he vaguely predicted would be the next Republican realignment in 2068/2072) to make the map. The GOP has its base of support in the Northeast, Midwest, Interior Plains, and PNW. The rest of the Democratic resistance resides in the South and Appalachia where their working class whites + minorities base formed in the 2020's/2030's held out the strongest. Asians and Hispanics have largely assimilated into the white hegemony which is why the Southwest, Florida, and New York are Republican despite being minority heavy areas.

But who knows. The United States might not even be a country by then.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2017, 10:14:15 PM »

If we survive Trump without him becoming a dictator or blowing up the world....

SoLongAtlas
VirginiaModerate
United States
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2017, 07:33:53 AM »

Massive shifts in population due to climate change, warming of the South, Hispanic influence, AA growth in MS/AL/GA. LA/MS/AL/FL hit hard by flooding, proving climate change to be a real factor, more people move north, diluting the Democratic base but due to warming it is still strong, MT sees a large influx. AK hit hard by warming and permafrost thawing, shifting the state Dem.

jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2017, 07:37:33 AM »

No.
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2017, 08:09:45 AM »

I'll be 116 for most of 2072, so I may be too old to care and already don't care that this seems to be on the wrong board unless it has something to do with 2020, but then again, like I said,
who cares?
SoLongAtlas
VirginiaModerate
United States
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2017, 08:24:06 AM »

I'll be 116 for most of 2072, so I may be too old to care and already don't care that this seems to be on the wrong board unless it has something to do with 2020, but then again, like I said,
who cares?

I plan on being around for it but I doubt I will. Also, yeah, this one should go in the Presidential Election Trends sub-forum.
P. Clodius Pulcher did nothing wrong
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -4.96

« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2017, 09:33:51 AM »
« Edited: June 05, 2017, 09:37:31 AM by razze »

The State of the Race: October 2068

Likely Bhosle - Lean Bhosle - Lean Dawns - Tossup - Lean Harris-Brewer - Likely Harris-Brewer

National polls
Gov. Vanessa Bhosle (Democratic-Calif.), 46%
Vice Pres. Luke Harris-Brewer (Conservative-S.C.), 44%
Fmr. Gov. Terrence Dawns (Third Way-Colo.), 8%
P. Clodius Pulcher did nothing wrong
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -4.96

« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2017, 09:36:07 AM »

who cares?
"Who cares?" could be said for almost anything that's posted on this forum. I think it's an interesting conversation, and it's fun to see what people think the future will hold. /my two cents
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2017, 09:38:18 AM »

who cares?
"Who cares?" could be said for almost anything that's posted on this forum. I think it's an interesting conversation, and it's fun to see what people think the future will hold. /my two cents
True, but "who knows" is another way to look at it. We could all be living on Mars by then.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2017, 10:52:19 AM »

2068/2072:

Except they aren't a party of coastal urban elites, LOL.  They never have been, and they never will be.  Without voters who are the furthest thing from "elite" possible, the Democratic Party wouldn't exist, and they know that, even if the realignment-fetishizing nerds of Atlas don't.
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2017, 11:04:16 AM »

Based on the 8 year cycle, we will all be tired of eight years of GOP president "John Doe"
(although by then maybe it will be Jane Doe) and elect a Democrat in 2072 who promises hope,
change, full employment and an end to the nuclear arms race.

As far as maps go, I am not clarvoyent enough to come up with an accurate one,
but it wouldn't surprise me if Texas is a swing state by then and may play a similar role
that Florida played in 2000. Maybe a "Ralph Doe" will come along as the Green party
candidate and "Susan Doe" (the Democrat) will blame him for letting "Jack Doe" the GOP nominee win the state and thereby the election (Jack Doe is John Doe's brother).
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2017, 11:29:16 AM »

Based on the 8 year cycle, we will all be tired of eight years of GOP president "John Doe"
(although by then maybe it will be Jane Doe) and elect a Democrat in 2072 who promises hope,
change, full employment and an end to the nuclear arms race.

As far as maps go, I am not clarvoyent enough to come up with an accurate one,
but it wouldn't surprise me if Texas is a swing state by then and may play a similar role
that Florida played in 2000. Maybe a "Ralph Doe" will come along as the Green party
candidate and "Susan Doe" (the Democrat) will blame him for letting "Jack Doe" the GOP nominee win the state and thereby the election (Jack Doe is John Doe's brother).

What's with the random line breaks?
SoLongAtlas
VirginiaModerate
United States
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2017, 01:57:31 PM »
« Edited: June 05, 2017, 02:04:28 PM by VirginiaModerate »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Because I dislike both parties, GOP for being stuck in the past and Gilded Age nonsense, Dems a little less but still only fixated on identity politics and labelling anyone else that doesn't go along, esp their more rabid supporters.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2017, 07:55:14 PM »

Without voters who are the furthest thing from "elite" possible, the Democratic Party wouldn't exist, and they know that

The same is true for the Republican Party, though.

Agreed. Smiley  But 1) I've never denied that, and 2) it's demonstrably ever-so-slightly less true.
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2017, 08:09:11 PM »

I'm just going to go out on a limb and say one of the two major parties will no longer exist.
izixs
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.31, S: -6.51

« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2017, 04:59:35 AM »

States in blue only held referendums to be admitted into the world government, the coloration reflecting their voting preference. The states in red either had a referendum that failed or not, but eventually were admitted due to action from the state legislatures, including those that were appointed by the allied powers in Florida, Georgia, and Oklahoma. DC was a special case and was admitted as part of the interim US congressional transition actions along with the various non-state US territories. Peurto Rico was admitted prior to the finalizing of the US admission plan as its independence had been recognized by a sufficient number of nations during the global turmoil to be treated as an independent state and/or faction, even though they had strong ties to the North East Allied Front in the US during the rebellion.

Oh wait this isn't the alternative (future) history forum...
BaldEagle1991
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2017, 09:28:46 AM »

I'm just going to go out on a limb and say one of the two major parties will no longer exist.

This..

We might have other parties replacing them though.
Kyle Rittenhouse is a Political Prisoner
Jalawest2

« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2017, 01:37:27 PM »

Obviously what the 2016 election will look like is this
. It might be 60 years off, but the trends are clear. As long as we don't nominate another egghead, we should keep the south and win the west. The Northeast will stay republican, clearly. This is a slight republican victory now, but as people move we will be able to win with this.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies