Democrats want Hillary to leave the spotlight
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:28:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Democrats want Hillary to leave the spotlight
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Democrats want Hillary to leave the spotlight  (Read 685 times)
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 04, 2017, 08:15:07 PM »

Democrats want Hillary to shut-up and leave the spotlight.

Do you agree with those Democrats?

But for Clinton acolytes, don't worry, Chelsea will always be there to pick up the Clinton torch.

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/politics/dems-want-hillary-clinton-to-leave-spotlight/ar-BBBYEXh?li=AAggNb9
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2017, 08:19:27 PM »

What I think is that Trump should leave the spotlight. His approval is very low, yet he refuses to step down and go back to being a private citizen.
hueylong
Rookie
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2017, 08:20:08 PM »

Conflicted on this. I can see how her presence could be detrimental in a lot of ways, but at the same time I don't think it's fair (or realistic, for that matter) to request that she hide herself entirely. She's still significant, though obviously less than she was before. I can see a lot of people (including Democrats) rolling their eyes at some of her post-election comments, but I think it's important to have someone speak to legitimate issues like voter suppression and Russian interference who has actually been directly and very publicly affected by them. Like it or not, agree with her or not, her opinions and thoughts are relevant.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2017, 08:20:19 PM »

Democrats want Hillary to shut-up and leave the spotlight.

Do you agree with those Democrats?

But for Clinton acolytes, don't worry, Chelsea will always be there to pick up the Clinton torch.

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/politics/dems-want-hillary-clinton-to-leave-spotlight/ar-BBBYEXh?li=AAggNb9

Hillary doesn't create a spotlight for herself, the media does. You can't have it both ways. If Democratic "insiders" want to make comments about Hillary for a newspaper story, they can go shove off. With the way this party is treating its former nominee, they are losing credibility.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2017, 08:41:15 PM »

Hillary first needs to do the action this post prescribes:

Hillary won't redeem herself in my eyes until she takes full credit for her loss without blaming Comey, blaming Russia, or shrieking "but the popular vote!". Whether she would have won under some other system is not revelant, especially since the campaign would have been run completely differently if it was strict NPV. And while she may have won by 30 or 40 votes without Comey or WikiLeaks or whatever, she should have been able to win like Obama did in '08 considering she was facing Trump.

#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2017, 08:50:22 PM »

She really should, she did her part and we see how well that turned out. She gave us Trump.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2017, 08:55:39 PM »

Here is a part of the article that no one seems to want to quote

You must be logged in to read this quote.

There is no strategy for her to run again, yet people are insisting that she's plotting some big 2020 campaign.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2017, 08:57:58 PM »

Hillary is far from the worst Democrat in terms of messaging but I do think her continually speaking out on whose fault it was for her election loss (key: it's 95% hers) does damage to Democrats and it gives the GOP a figure to oppose. Whenever things are going terribly for Trump, my dad (the archetype Trump supporter now, apparently) will always have some news article about Hillary said so and so.

I had hoped she would go quietly into the night like HW Bush did.

Also, I do not believe she would run again and if she did I would not vote for her unless she somehow, by the stupidity of Democratic voters, made it to the general election.
hueylong
Rookie
United States

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2017, 09:07:23 PM »

it gives the GOP a figure to oppose. Whenever things are going terribly for Trump, my dad (the archetype Trump supporter now, apparently) will always have some news article about Hillary said so and so.

Fair point, but I think it then makes little difference whether she's in the spotlight or not. Republicans will always obsess over prominent Democrats in order to fuel their outrage. If it's not Hillary, it's Pelosi, Schumer, Obama, etc. It's just what they do.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2017, 10:45:05 PM »

She should continue working with her Onward movement in getting females elected to Congress; Baldwin, McCaskill, Kysten Sinema, and Dina Titus as well as getting Nancy Pelosi elected Speaker., and Gwen Graham elected Gov of FL and getting NM its first female gov.
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2017, 10:53:38 PM »

She's allowed to speak her mind as she pleases. I think she's allowed to have catharsis after such a devastating loss last year. As awful as election night was last year for me, I cannot even begin to comprehend what Hillary went through. You may not like her or whatever, but she hasn't deserved a fraction of the hate she's gotten over the years and especially during her run.

Unless she's going to run for public office again, she probably should do things more low-key. If she wants to perhaps run for Governor of New York, I would definitely support her in that effort. Smiley
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2017, 12:45:25 AM »

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vr-Ia45UJ6Q
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2017, 12:57:19 AM »

Hillary belongs in a jail cell along with Marc Rich

Well, she does have a lot of skeletons in her closet, so it'd make sense for her to have one in her jail cell, too.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2017, 01:02:02 AM »

She's allowed to speak her mind as she pleases. I think she's allowed to have catharsis after such a devastating loss last year. As awful as election night was last year for me, I cannot even begin to comprehend what Hillary went through. You may not like her or whatever, but she hasn't deserved a fraction of the hate she's gotten over the years and especially during her run.

Unless she's going to run for public office again, she probably should do things more low-key. If she wants to perhaps run for Governor of New York, I would definitely support her in that effort. Smiley

It shows the insane sexism of Middle America. Every time you look at Trump, if he does something stupid, and you wonder how he got there, there's your answer.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2017, 05:06:01 AM »

She really should leave the spotlight if she continues to blame everybody else except herself for the loss, which was a total embarrassment. It's she who lost the election.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2017, 05:17:14 AM »

Dam, I was about to post this! Angry
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies