NC Yankee For the People's House HQ: Main Street First!!!(Important Statement)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 11:03:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  NC Yankee For the People's House HQ: Main Street First!!!(Important Statement)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NC Yankee For the People's House HQ: Main Street First!!!(Important Statement)  (Read 1137 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 05, 2017, 02:15:03 AM »
« edited: June 22, 2017, 01:42:08 AM by People's Speaker North Carolina Yankee »

COH: Still $916 Million

Election
People's House of Representatives: June 23rd - June 25th

Experience
Southeast Regional Senator: July 03, 2009 - Mar 06, 2015
Senate President Pro-Tempore:  Dec 2009 - Mar 2010, Sept 2010 - Jan 2011, Mar 2011- Sept 2011, Mar 2012 - July 2014
Budget Revival Committee Member: Mid 2010
Government Oversight and Reform Committee Chair: 2012 - 2013  
At - Large Senator: May 01, 2015 - May 06, 2016
Southeast Regional Convention Delegate: Sept 2015 - Oct 2015
Senate Convention Delegate: Oct 2015 - May 06, 2016
South Judicial Overlord: May 24, 2016 - June 02, 2016
People's Representative: June 13, 2016 - July 14, 2016
Southern Judicial Overlord/Regional Associate Justice: July 14, 2016 - Dec 08, 2016
Vice President of Atlasia Dec 08, 2016 - Jan 06, 2017
President of the Atlasian Republic Jan 06, 2017 - Mar 03, 2017
People's Representative - Mar 03, 2017 -
People's Speaker - Mar 04, 2017 -

Endorsements
Senator Scott
Fmr. Vice President Rpryor

Events
Keeping Main Street First
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2017, 05:56:20 PM »

Endorsed!
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2017, 04:22:48 AM »

Norfolk, VA
June 13, 2017

ASK YANKEE ANYTHING TOWNHALL!!!
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2017, 07:35:42 AM »

I've been out of the loop for a while now. What are some of the burning issues in Atlasia these days?
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2017, 02:45:52 AM »

I've been out of the loop for a while now. What are some of the burning issues in Atlasia these days?

I will give a brief summary at least from my perspective.

A lot of the same ones from real life like Healthcare and infrastructure. Many want to try and give more policy responsibilities to the regions. But as usual the devil is always in the details of any complex reforms to education or healthcare and those are the most likely candidates for that kind of shift. We have been trying to hammer out the details on both but every time we get close we find a problem that has to be solved first.

In terms of the game, activity/reform is as ever and present concern. I have been working/hounding/forcing/stealing activity from House members as much as possible and myself, PiT and Goldwater have a pretty functional operation with regards to the Congress in the sense that all three offices are doing their duties and now the primary problem is one of engagement/involvement with debates/votes/policy crafting. .

My hope is that we can build and expand on the successes so far, particularly in Congress and work to spread activity to other areas of gov't.

It is fairly easy to identify the the structural purpose of any given office. What has to happen there is the formation of a template of "what they need to do part of their jobs" and then establish a activity standard or requirement. For instance, the Vice President's job was to administer the bills between chambers, but it was easy for that to fall by the way side when it was all done by PM.

Instead the VP has his own noticeboard posts, with slots designated for bills originating in the other chamber, which he administers. He collects the bills passing both chambers and certifies passage of the same text by both chambers with the presence of his signature as President of Congress on the bills before they go to the President. This makes the activity tangible and visible, the VP has therefore has a sense of what needs to be done each day and the importance of his roll in the process and there is a visible action (signatures and bill lists) that allows people to see what he is doing. This also provides the ability to demand accountability in the future, should the activity be missing, because their is the ability to clearly see what said officeholder is doing.

MY recommendation would be to see this spread to the cabinet though obviously that would take a different form. Instead of list of bills, it would be a list of orders and instead of signatures on bills it would be signatures on administrative orders.
rpryor03
Bahamas

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2017, 04:43:49 PM »

Endorsed!
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2017, 03:39:43 PM »

what is your abortion stance
Vern
vern1988
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.30, S: -0.70

P P P

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2017, 09:50:34 PM »

I'm new to Atlasia, so I really don't know what is going on. Can you help me? lol
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2017, 03:16:57 AM »

I am pro-life, but I support the big three exceptions.

In terms of policy, my first priority would be to discourage abortions through a combination of access to contraceptives, safe surrender, adoption and economic assistance to struggling families in the form of a working healthcare system (like the one myself, President Dfw, Senators Scott and PiT) are working on, a "living income" (through a combination of higher minimum wage and much higher EITC, since if we rely solely on the minimum wage, the Wall Street thugs will start replacing humans with robots) and reforming higher education so that we aren't fueling an ever downward spiral of tuition inflation that keeps higher education out of reach and makes assisting the poor and middle class ever more difficult, while wealthy people get another pile of cash dumped on them in name of "free college".

The big theme of my campaign is to return power from Pennsylvania Avenue to Main Street and return money from Wall Street to Main Street. Too often you hear conservatives rail against the centralization of power in DC, but turn a blind eye to the concentration of wealth and power on Wall Street and too often you see leftist rail against the concentration of money on Wall Street but not the concentration of power in DC.

In my opinion you cannot address the issue of abortion in isolation from the factors that are decimating the Atlasian People, situations that lead to economic ruin of many families, and too much of that is the result of power being concentrated in the hands of both centers in our country and to me conservatism should be about empowering and preserving the power of the People against all forms of concentrated power, rather than opposing the one and turning a blind eye to the other. If a tool or policy to be used in the quest for such restoration violate what is generally accepted dogma on the right or the left, so be it.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2017, 03:39:20 AM »

I'm new to Atlasia, so I really don't know what is going on. Can you help me? lol

It is a simulated political environment, where you run for office, vote for candidates. There is a limited game moderator system that attempts to enable policy making once in office though it sometimes doesn't work or gets ignored when it does, which detracts from the game.

You can also do polling, run/found a newspaper or political pressure/advocacy group, so there is some degree of civic activism outside of running for/holding office.

There are two levels of Government:
Federal: Two House legislature (People's House and Regional Senate), President, Supreme Court (five Members). The People's House is 9 members elected At-Large and the Senate is six members, elected by the regions.

Regional: Two Senators (in the Regional Senate) each, a Governor, State legislatures, and Regional Associate Justices who also serve on the national Supreme Court. There are 3 Regions, Lincoln (north), Fremont (West) and the South (We don't have a name, because like with everything involving the South, there is either a bad history, drama or both).

We have two major party's:
Federalist - Right of Center. We have three major factions and three caucuses that try and represent them, though getting people to participate in them has been difficult at best. They are:
                    The Main Street Partnership - Moderates, center-right types and and even a few      center left and liberals.
                    The Coolidge Society - Social Conservatives, Conservatarians, and some Libertarians
                    Non-Interventionist - Libertarians, centrists and people of all ideological stripes who oppose foreign intervention.

There is of course some overlap between all of those groups.

Labor - The major leftist party in the game. Generally split between two groups on foreign policies and a divide between what in real life would be the Clinton-Sanders divide. But I am not an expert on that side so I will just leave it at that.

Vern
vern1988
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.30, S: -0.70

P P P

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2017, 09:27:52 PM »

It is a simulated political environment, where you run for office, vote for candidates. There is a limited game moderator system that attempts to enable policy making once in office though it sometimes doesn't work or gets ignored when it does, which detracts from the game.

You can also do polling, run/found a newspaper or political pressure/advocacy group, so there is some degree of civic activism outside of running for/holding office.

There are two levels of Government:
Federal: Two House legislature (People's House and Regional Senate), President, Supreme Court (five Members). The People's House is 9 members elected At-Large and the Senate is six members, elected by the regions.

Regional: Two Senators (in the Regional Senate) each, a Governor, State legislatures, and Regional Associate Justices who also serve on the national Supreme Court. There are 3 Regions, Lincoln (north), Fremont (West) and the South (We don't have a name, because like with everything involving the South, there is either a bad history, drama or both).

We have two major party's:
Federalist - Right of Center. We have three major factions and three caucuses that try and represent them, though getting people to participate in them has been difficult at best. They are:
                    The Main Street Partnership - Moderates, center-right types and and even a few      center left and liberals.
                    The Coolidge Society - Social Conservatives, Conservatarians, and some Libertarians
                    Non-Interventionist - Libertarians, centrists and people of all ideological stripes who oppose foreign intervention.

There is of course some overlap between all of those groups.

Labor - The major leftist party in the game. Generally split between two groups on foreign policies and a divide between what in real life would be the Clinton-Sanders divide. But I am not an expert on that side so I will just leave it at that.

Thank you so much! Looking forward to getting involved
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2017, 01:41:26 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2017, 03:14:57 AM »

Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2017, 03:56:49 AM »

There are few people I would rather put my vote down for than for Yankee. He's been a pillar of Atlasia and the Federalist party.

Endorsed!
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2017, 04:27:03 PM »

There are few people I would rather put my vote down for than for Yankee. He's been a pillar of Atlasia and the Federalist party.

Endorsed!
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies