Trump Org launches budget 'American Idea' hotel chain
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:30:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump Org launches budget 'American Idea' hotel chain
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Trump Org launches budget 'American Idea' hotel chain  (Read 689 times)
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 06, 2017, 12:34:44 AM »

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/05/business/trump-organization-american-idea-hotel-chain.html

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2017, 12:39:19 AM »

Can't wait to stay in one!
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2017, 12:58:39 AM »

ajc0918
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2017, 07:05:41 AM »

I'm certainly not a Trump fan but I think this is a cool idea. That being said I would not stay in one specifically because it's a Trump Org hotel.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2017, 07:10:05 AM »

Gotta shift the focus of your clientele downward after you've alienated much of your former customer base.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2017, 07:33:36 AM »

When was 3 stars considered "budget friendly"? I guess now that I make reasonable pay, its the default choice (Where I stay when trying to catch a flight or get tired from driving or just doing an overnight trip) to stay in a Holiday Inn or some "boutique" derivative like Hyatt Place or Cambria or other places like that. When I was a kid and my mom and step dad took us camping in the 5th wheel, the "nice hotel" was the Super 8 as opposed to the Cactus Inn in Thermopolis, Wyoming or Motel 6. 

I am guessing this will be the TRUMP version of HGI, HIE, Hyatt Place, Cambria or what have you?
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2017, 07:56:23 AM »

If you want to waste your money on a lousy, over-priced hotel, knock yourself out Tongue
SoLongAtlas
VirginiaModerate
United States
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2017, 08:11:14 AM »

Another bankruptcy in the making, although the quaint '50s, '60s themed hotel idea might catch on for a while before it dies off.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2017, 08:18:23 AM »

It might be a good idea, the way things are going, if one is interviewing for a job in the post office. Even if you are within commuting distance, make sure to stay at such a motel on the day that you are interviewed, and be sure to keep a receipt. Make sure to show your patriotism at its fullest by ordering something through room service, even if you know that it is a hamburger from a nearby fast-food chain. Show your love for our President by paying $52.49 for a fast-food burger or $58.00 (and local taxes, but $50 for room service) for a Deep Dish Pizza instead of walking a quarter mile. Who needs the exercise? Our President thinks it unnecessary.

OK, I am not sure how real this story is. The low-end motel business is saturated as it is. The really-low end often becomes emergency housing for people who have just endured spouse abuse, house fires, or natural disasters. Or it is people with questionable business, like prostitution or finding a place to 'crash' while on drugs. Or very poor families who would otherwise be homeless. Or families staying overnight just before, after, or between visits to an incarcerated family member at the Big House.

Motels with this sort of clientele are typically on the brink of failure, with owners investing little even in fundamental upkeep.  At some point the real estate is worth more than the motel as a business, and the property is repurposed to become a strip mall, automobile service center, or box store.   Even a jail.  
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2017, 09:14:05 AM »
« Edited: June 06, 2017, 09:15:53 AM by Santander »

There actually could be a market for this. Lots of salespeople and other road warriors who spend lots of time in small towns are basically captives to Hilton and Marriott or something even worse. The Monday to Friday guys are way whiter and more conservative than the Monday to Thursday guys. This could be what they need to break up the depressing monotony of Hamptons and Fairfields.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2017, 11:26:47 AM »

There actually could be a market for this. Lots of salespeople and other road warriors who spend lots of time in small towns are basically captives to Hilton and Marriott or something even worse. The Monday to Friday guys are way whiter and more conservative than the Monday to Thursday guys. This could be what they need to break up the depressing monotony of Hamptons and Fairfields.

Plus, a lot of folks weren't necessarily in that professional category, but still share the same political views, who will choose such a hotel when they need one as an expression of solidarity with Trump.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2017, 11:31:07 AM »

Getting #MAGA chuds to spend 60 bucks on a cheap motel room decorated with Americana to piss off the libs is a solid business strategy.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2017, 11:36:32 AM »

Getting #MAGA chuds to spend 60 bucks on a cheap motel room decorated with Americana to piss off the libs is a solid business strategy.

In targeted markets like where they're currently aiming, it actually is for the next couple years at least. Just long enough for the organization to sell its takeoff to some fool and make a tidy profit.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2017, 11:46:46 AM »

I was REALLY impressed with the Aloft and Cambria.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2017, 12:01:44 PM »

Wow, I hope he puts one in every SEC town! That would really make this the best era in American history. My trips would be HUGE
#gravelgang #lessiglad
Serious_Username
United States

« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2017, 12:21:30 PM »

When was 3 stars considered "budget friendly"? I guess now that I make reasonable pay, its the default choice (Where I stay when trying to catch a flight or get tired from driving or just doing an overnight trip) to stay in a Holiday Inn or some "boutique" derivative like Hyatt Place or Cambria or other places like that. When I was a kid and my mom and step dad took us camping in the 5th wheel, the "nice hotel" was the Super 8 as opposed to the Cactus Inn in Thermopolis, Wyoming or Motel 6. 

I am guessing this will be the TRUMP version of HGI, HIE, Hyatt Place, Cambria or what have you?

From what I understand, many of these properties will not be new construction. They will instead be retrofitted / remodeled HIX or similar properties.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies