Comey Senate Intelligence Committee Testimony Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 01:24:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Comey Senate Intelligence Committee Testimony Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11
Author Topic: Comey Senate Intelligence Committee Testimony Thread  (Read 11253 times)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: June 08, 2017, 12:12:04 PM »

Comey's memos were "saved for later." Later happened to be after he was fired. Could it be that Comey was blackmailing the President?

Blackmailing him with a conversation in which Trump himself overstepped multiple times? No. He probably foresaw all of this.
So why did he leak them only after he was fired?

Did you not watch the hearing?

He leaked them in order to get a special counsel because he believed their was a chance that his conversations with the president could be corroborated.
I missed that part entirely. Sounds big too. Must have been when I was smoking.

Anywho, that...adds up?
Joe Biden is your president. Deal with it.
diskymike44

« Reply #151 on: June 08, 2017, 12:12:09 PM »

Where's the"meat and potatoes"?
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #152 on: June 08, 2017, 12:13:36 PM »

2 days ago y'all were saying he would be indicted for collusion and obstruction. Now it is "you must see there is a problem". And "this isn't a good look for trump". Rough couple days for you! Don't worry. In a few hours the new talking points will be out and we can start again.

Dont pretend you aren't a huge partisan hack dude. With all respect,  you melted down when the bombshells came out because your first and only fear was Democrats regaining power. Let's not pretend you aren't a hack and you genuinely look at both sides. I don't understand your recent lamentation about polarized opinions in light of all this.

Second of all very few people are saying this will result in overnight indictment and conviction. We have lot more evidence and information than we did a few hours ago on record. This is not nothing, this is a rather substantial advancement in the case to remove the president from power.
EnglishPete

« Reply #153 on: June 08, 2017, 12:13:41 PM »

I seriously cannot fathom why so many still think we shouldn't be investigating this, that it's a witch hunt, etc.

Do you people not realize that it is FACT that Russia interfered with the election
Writing the word FACT in capital letters doesn't make something a fact. The entire claim that Russia interfered in the election comes from the Crowdstrike report into the DNC email leak/hack. A report that was unverified at the time and later shown to be based on garbage. There is no evidence that Russia interfered in the US election, neither is there any evidence that Russia was conspiring with the Trump team to do so.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #154 on: June 08, 2017, 12:14:11 PM »

Mark Murray's (Senior Political Editor NBC News) 7 Headlines From The Hearings:

1. Mueller likely looking at whether Trump engaged in obstruction of justice re: Flynn
2. RISCH: Did Trump *direct* you to let Flynn matter go? COMEY: "I took it as a direction"
3. Trump WH didn't tell truth about his firing. "Those were lies, plain and simple," Comey said
4. Comey couldn't discuss in open setting facts re: AG Sessions and Russians that make his involvement in investigation problematic
5. Comey leaked the Let-Flynn-Go convo to NYT, knowing it would probably trigger a special counsel
6. Comey dinged Loretta Lynch and said her instructions in HRC email probe forced him to intervene in July 5 announcement
7. "Release the tapes!" ... "Lordy, I hope there are tapes" re: Comey's convos with Trump
Cory
YaBB God

« Reply #155 on: June 08, 2017, 12:15:28 PM »

McCain's entire line of questioning was pathetic.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #156 on: June 08, 2017, 12:15:49 PM »

McCain's entire line of questioning was pathetic.

I really think he's ill.
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #157 on: June 08, 2017, 12:16:21 PM »

The irony of this is that actually one reason I want to remove Trump is to save the Republican Party from electoral annihilation and to atop the left from riding this into power.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #158 on: June 08, 2017, 12:19:47 PM »

I've come to the conclusion that Trump needs to resign for his movement to live. I don't think he's guilty of anything, but it is clear that they're going to drag this out to the point it'll kill everything we've accomplished by death by a thousand paper cuts.

I'd tell Trump some Dylan lyrics if he was listening to my advice: "I'm going back to New York City, I do believe I had enough."
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #159 on: June 08, 2017, 12:21:05 PM »

No offense to the man, but in many of his pictures over the past couple years, he looks ill. Probably just a natural part of being 80 and busily working as a US Senator, but still.

He really should have called it quits last year instead of running again.

I've come to the conclusion that Trump needs to resign for his movement to live. I don't think he's guilty of anything, but it is clear that they're going to drag this out to the point it'll kill everything we've accomplished by death by a thousand paper cuts.

I call it the Obama treatment!
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #160 on: June 08, 2017, 12:27:39 PM »

I'd tell Trump some Dylan lyrics if he was listening to my advice: "I'm going back to New York City, I do believe I had enough."

This. Minus not being guilty. This man is literally putting the conservative movement at risk.
EnglishPete

« Reply #161 on: June 08, 2017, 12:49:07 PM »

It is said that appeasement is like a man feeding a crocodile in the hope it will eat him last. This entire 'Russia conspiracy' witch hunt was based on the dubious 'Crowdstrike' report that was unverified and later shown to be based on nonsense and the obviously fictional 'dossier' which was the basis of the collaboration charge.

Showboat knew perfectly well that there was nothing there and yet he deliberately dragged out the investigation (and, by his own admission, made damaging selective leaks along the way) in the hope of finding something, anything, that could be used against Trump. As it became apparent that no evidence was showing up he's now come up with an obstruction charge, again based on a lot on nothing burgers.

The witch hunters are not going to be satisfied just with Trump. The Republican Party supported Trump in his election campaign where he campaigned on 'draining the swamp'. That is unforgivable in the eyes of swamp creatures like Comey. Trump many transgressions against political correctness also are unforgivable in the eyes of the swamp's SJW useful idiots.

These people will be satisfied with nothing less than total victory and the complete and permanent destruction of the Republican Party and the conservative movement. Any attempt to make peace with the witch hunters through appeasement or surrender is futile and misguided. There are two possible outcomes of this particular political struggle, either Trump and the Republican party win it or they both lose and are destroyed completely.

In other words you can't cut your loses, all your chips are in. You either win or lose everything.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #162 on: June 08, 2017, 12:52:17 PM »

An MD friend of mine said McCain's behavior recalled an incident where she saw someone having a stroke as he was addressing a group he was part of. Very frightening and if so I hope he gets attention right away.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #163 on: June 08, 2017, 12:54:21 PM »

Trump's movement is no more than an attitude. It will live on only through him.

The conservative movement on the other hand is completely dead and hasn't a prayer of coming back.

To you it's probably a loss either way, but we can only hope he stays on to replace RBG and Kennedy. That is the only route to victory that remains. In the meantime, we just have to be satisfied knowing one of our own has the Oval and will make our voices heard on the Twitter. That's all that matters at the end of the day.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #164 on: June 08, 2017, 01:02:50 PM »

People we are only 6 months in just let that sink in
EnglishPete

« Reply #165 on: June 08, 2017, 01:04:03 PM »

This. Minus not being guilty. This man is literally putting the conservative movement at risk.
If Trump doesn't win this one, the conservative movement is finished. All your chips are in. All of them. He won't win if he, the Republican Party and conservatives in general do not counterattack those carrying out this witch hunt. If conservatives do bring to light as often and as publicly as possible the dishonesty, the disingenuousness and the lack of integrity of the various swamp creatures and SJWs carrying out this particular witch hunt then they may as well give up.

Thirty to forty percent of the US public think this partisan witch hunt is a partisan witch hunt. Dem pols and journalists are doing everything they can to bring that figure down. Right wing journalists are doing everything they can to bring that figure up. If Republicans can get that figure to 50% at least it should be plain sailing from there. That's perfectly doable but it requires them to put their shoulders to the wheels (and lose some of their Washington pals along the way). If they don't do that they're finished.
EnglishPete

« Reply #166 on: June 08, 2017, 01:06:02 PM »

People we are only 6 months in just let that sink in
The witch hunt began before Trump was even elected. Let that sink in.
Tartarus Sauce
United States

« Reply #167 on: June 08, 2017, 01:06:46 PM »

Is that not believable though? That isn't to say that his underlings like Flynn are necessarily guilt-free, but from what I can gather, President Trump seemed oblivious that a request such as the alleged one he made falls far away from his powers to grant pardon or clemency. There is a reason why Comey can't really obtain proof of intent after all?

How can a person be so stupid as to think asking the head of the FBI to end an investigation into them, and then firing them for not listening, was not against the law? I'm sorry but I don't buy that. That is basic common sense, and if he is literally that dumb, he needs to be removed from office on that count alone.

I think the more likely reason was that Trump knew, and he just didn't care. He probably didn't think it would ever come out. Either that, or he didn't even think that far ahead, which I guess makes him stupid as well.

I don't get why any Trump supporter would even want someone that inept running the country.

Sums up my feelings perfectly.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #168 on: June 08, 2017, 01:09:18 PM »

If Trump doesn't win this one, the conservative movement is finished. All your chips are in. All of them. He won't win if he, the Republican Party and conservatives in general do not counterattack those carrying out this witch hunt. If conservatives do bring to light as often and as publicly as possible the dishonesty, the disingenuousness and the lack of integrity of the various swamp creatures and SJWs carrying out this particular witch hunt then they may as well give up.

The movement must really be in trouble if your last best hope is Donald J. Trump.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #169 on: June 08, 2017, 01:10:48 PM »

Is that not believable though? That isn't to say that his underlings like Flynn are necessarily guilt-free, but from what I can gather, President Trump seemed oblivious that a request such as the alleged one he made falls far away from his powers to grant pardon or clemency. There is a reason why Comey can't really obtain proof of intent after all?

How can a person be so stupid as to think asking the head of the FBI to end an investigation into them, and then firing them for not listening, was not against the law? I'm sorry but I don't buy that. That is basic common sense, and if he is literally that dumb, he needs to be removed from office on that count alone.

I think the more likely reason was that Trump knew, and he just didn't care. He probably didn't think it would ever come out. Either that, or he didn't even think that far ahead, which I guess makes him stupid as well.

I don't get why any Trump supporter would even want someone that inept running the country.
He's their inept fool and they know his failure will likewise be theirs. They'll look like idiots and be discredited forever should he fail spectacularly. They have no choice.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #170 on: June 08, 2017, 01:11:56 PM »

Thirty to forty percent of the US public think this partisan witch hunt is a partisan witch hunt. Dem pols and journalists are doing everything they can to bring that figure down. Right wing journalists are doing everything they can to bring that figure up. If Republicans can get that figure to 50% at least it should be plain sailing from there. That's perfectly doable but it requires them to put their shoulders to the wheels (and lose some of their Washington pals along the way). If they don't do that they're finished.
Okay you're that Paul Watson idiot from Infowars aren't you?
Cashew
United States

« Reply #171 on: June 08, 2017, 01:16:42 PM »
« Edited: June 08, 2017, 01:21:47 PM by Cashew »

In other words you can't cut your loses, all your chips are in. You either win or lose everything.

I have to keep asking, who's bright idea was it to invest so much in him in the first place! I mean come on, every inteligent person knows Trump is a buffoon, you had to know a disaster from his administration was inevitable. You could have drafted Jesse Ventura and gottena better result!
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #172 on: June 08, 2017, 01:19:33 PM »

I have to keep asking, who's bright idea was it to invest so much in him in the first place!

Not mine. I didn't put any chips on him and I remember we impeached Nixon and got Reagan. So I'm okay with rolling the dice and removing Trump from office.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #173 on: June 08, 2017, 01:20:41 PM »

His line of questioning was strange.
I almost felt sorry for him. (Is he sick ?)
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #174 on: June 08, 2017, 01:22:33 PM »

Oh and Trump's lawyers and aides will be believable if we get them under oath to swear Comey is unequivocally wrong. They should offer to swear out that statement in testimony to Congress. Until then they're full of it because at this point only one side has sworn under oath.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies