Comey Senate Intelligence Committee Testimony Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 04:50:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Comey Senate Intelligence Committee Testimony Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11
Author Topic: Comey Senate Intelligence Committee Testimony Thread  (Read 11263 times)
EnglishPete

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: June 08, 2017, 01:22:44 PM »

I've come to the conclusion that Trump needs to resign for his movement to live. I don't think he's guilty of anything, but it is clear that they're going to drag this out to the point it'll kill everything we've accomplished by death by a thousand paper cuts.

In other words you can't cut your loses, all your chips are in. You either win or lose everything.

I have to keep asking, who's bright idea was it to invest so much in him in the first place!

Have a read of this. Sums up both the election and the present situation ( which in reality is a continuation of the election by people who didn't like the result).

http://claremont.org/crb/basicpage/the-flight-93-election/
EnglishPete

« Reply #176 on: June 08, 2017, 01:25:08 PM »

I've come to the conclusion that Trump needs to resign for his movement to live. I don't think he's guilty of anything, but it is clear that they're going to drag this out to the point it'll kill everything we've accomplished by death by a thousand paper cuts.

In other words you can't cut your loses, all your chips are in. You either win or lose everything.

I have to keep asking, who's bright idea was it to invest so much in him in the first place!

Not mine. I didn't put any chips on him and I remember we impeached Nixon and got Reagan. So I'm okay with rolling the dice and removing Trump from office.
Reagan is dead. So is Reagan's America and the majority of his voters.
EnglishPete

« Reply #177 on: June 08, 2017, 01:26:10 PM »

Oh and Trump's lawyers and aides will be believable if we get them under oath to swear Comey is unequivocally wrong. They should offer to swear out that statement in testimony to Congress. Until then they're full of it because at this point only one side has sworn under oath.
Showboat swore an oath did he. I guess that makes him super duper trustworthy.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #178 on: June 08, 2017, 01:27:23 PM »

Claremont institute lol.
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #179 on: June 08, 2017, 01:28:26 PM »

Not mine. I didn't put any chips on him and I remember we impeached Nixon and got Reagan. So I'm okay with rolling the dice and removing Trump from office.
Reagan is dead. So is Reagan's America and the majority of his voters.

Not the point. We survived Nixon and did fine.

Also If the idea of limited government and rolling back the welfare state and limiting abortions while projecting American hegemony is dead then we're just picking between liberal Democrats.

Regardless I think there are plenty of Reagan Republicans in America and we have a few elections left.
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #180 on: June 08, 2017, 01:29:00 PM »

Oh and Trump's lawyers and aides will be believable if we get them under oath to swear Comey is unequivocally wrong. They should offer to swear out that statement in testimony to Congress. Until then they're full of it because at this point only one side has sworn under oath.

Compared to the other side that didn't swear on oath in their statements? Yep.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #181 on: June 08, 2017, 01:29:20 PM »

Hahaha how perfect Trump's lawyer mispelled president in the memo as "Predisent" https://mobile.twitter.com/davidmackau/status/872877738478227457/photo/1
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #182 on: June 08, 2017, 01:32:12 PM »

Woah. Kasowitz just used the past tense, saying Trump "wasn't" under investigation. That might be nitpicking, but I think it's pretty telling from Trump's personal lawyer.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #183 on: June 08, 2017, 01:34:03 PM »

Also lol at them insinuating that Comey sending his memo to the media should be investigated.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #184 on: June 08, 2017, 01:35:17 PM »

People lie under oath all the time. I don't necessarily disbelieve Comey, but I am convinced at this point of something I have suspected since last October; namely, that he is a compulsive attention seeker. That tendency casts doubt on much of what he says.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #185 on: June 08, 2017, 01:36:33 PM »

From the statement of Trump's lawyer:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

So, they're accusing Comey of having committed perjury today.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #186 on: June 08, 2017, 01:39:05 PM »

It's a good thing then that the word of Trump (and by proxy, his lawyers) is pretty much worthless. I'm not a big fan of Comey, but he is by far more credible than Trump or anyone in his inner circle.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #187 on: June 08, 2017, 01:41:48 PM »

.... There is no evidence that Russia interfered in the US election ....

Atlas members: Is this the most insane comment ever ?
Just about every Intelligence agency in the USA has confirmed some level of interference in the 2016 election by Russian operatives.
For anyone not to believe this, is just someone who is in pure denial of the FACTS.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #188 on: June 08, 2017, 01:42:21 PM »

Also

Haha there is nothing illegal about disclosing a conversation with the President as long as it wasn't regarding classified materials, which this clearly wasn't.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #189 on: June 08, 2017, 01:43:14 PM »

If Trump doesn't win this one, the conservative movement is finished. All your chips are in. All of them. He won't win if he, the Republican Party and conservatives in general do not counterattack those carrying out this witch hunt. If conservatives do bring to light as often and as publicly as possible the dishonesty, the disingenuousness and the lack of integrity of the various swamp creatures and SJWs carrying out this particular witch hunt then they may as well give up.

The movement must really be in trouble if your last best hope is Donald J. Trump.

This ! This ! This !
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #190 on: June 08, 2017, 01:44:06 PM »

.... There is no evidence that Russia interfered in the US election ....

Atlas members: Is this the most insane comment ever ?
Just about every Intelligence agency in the USA has confirmed some level of interference in the 2016 election by Russian operatives.
For anyone not to believe this, is just someone who is in pure denial of the FACTS.
Pete is an alt-right troll an they will go down with the Russian ship til the end
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #191 on: June 08, 2017, 01:48:06 PM »

People lie under oath all the time. I don't necessarily disbelieve Comey, but I am convinced at this point of something I have suspected since last October; namely, that he is a compulsive attention seeker. That tendency casts doubt on much of what he says.

Except that Comey doesn't have a history of lying when giving sworn testimony and at this juncture only one side is backing their statements with sworn testimony. Comey also documented everything and the other side, safe to say, did not.

I would take Comey's side over Trump's at this point given who is under oath and provided memos and documentation. Trump, of course, has a long history of lying and obfuscating and a longer history of misleading. And he's making statements without being under oath which is telling. If he's under oath I would consider his statements a little more carefully.

What youre doing is basically trying to cast both as equal liars through weasel words. This is not in fact the case.  
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #192 on: June 08, 2017, 01:48:56 PM »

TD, as an aside, are you hoping a democrar wins is in 2020?
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #193 on: June 08, 2017, 01:49:37 PM »

Stop derailing the thread as always.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #194 on: June 08, 2017, 01:49:50 PM »

Haha there is nothing illegal about disclosing a conversation with the President as long as it wasn't regarding classified materials, which this clearly wasn't.

Must be the reason why Trump isn't releasing his TAPES... he has classified them.
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #195 on: June 08, 2017, 01:50:03 PM »

Also

Very stupidly they're also confirming Comey unintentionally by calling his testimony unauthorized disclosure, thus confirming the very things he said!

They're morons.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #196 on: June 08, 2017, 01:51:14 PM »

... Comey ... is a compulsive attention seeker. That tendency casts doubt on much of what he says.

LMAO.
In the context of this hearing being trump vs Comey, you have the gall to describe Comey as the "compulsive attention seeker" over the narcissistic orange-haired clown ?
Wow.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #197 on: June 08, 2017, 01:51:25 PM »

Weren't they saying yesterday that Comey's prepared statement "vindicated" Trump?:

http://www.businessinsider.com/trump-response-to-comey-senate-testimony-fbi-russia-2017-6

If Comey is making stuff up, then how can his testimony vindicate Trump?  Sounds like Trump's lawyers were slow to clock on to the fact that the sequence of events described by Comey is problematic for Trump, and that they thus need to deny his version of events is accurate, rather than spin them as actually being favorable to him.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #198 on: June 08, 2017, 01:52:43 PM »

Stop derailing the thread as always.
Why don't you ever call out ProudModerate2?
Statilius the Epicurean
Thersites
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« Reply #199 on: June 08, 2017, 01:53:08 PM »

EnglishPete, you're not even American lmao.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies