Kris Kobach launches campaign for Kansas governor
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 10:55:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Kris Kobach launches campaign for Kansas governor
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Kris Kobach launches campaign for Kansas governor  (Read 2890 times)
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2017, 12:03:21 AM »

I hope he wins the primary and Svaty soundly beats him.

In such case - +100.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2017, 04:20:21 PM »

Preach, brothah!
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2017, 12:25:07 AM »

Yuck. Hopefully Kansas comes to its senses next year.
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2017, 06:37:57 AM »

Kansas will elect a Republican, guys. The income tax argument has a lot of technical literacy required to properly understand and most democrats are totally unable to make that case.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2017, 06:51:16 AM »

Kansas will elect a Republican, guys. The income tax argument has a lot of technical literacy required to properly understand and most democrats are totally unable to make that case.
1) Republicans promised that their tax cuts would be budget neutral because muh growth.

2) In the end, it resulted in massive govt deficits.

3) The conservative legislature overrode the governor's veto to reverse these tax cuts because that was a disaster: budget shortfall,...

That seems quite simple!
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2017, 02:42:14 PM »

Preach, brothah!

Quite frankly, Svaty's biggest chance is if Kontroversial Kris Kobach is the nominee.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2017, 06:30:22 PM »

I wouldn't count Kris Kobach out. Yes, Brownback did a crappy job, but Kobach is a Republican and not Brownback.

In all seriousness though, besides Kobach's failed voter fraud thing is there any other reason why Kansas would vote against him if he won the primary (something related to him, not like "D wave year")
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2017, 06:31:25 PM »

I wouldn't count Kris Kobach out. Yes, Brownback did a crappy job, but Kobach is a Republican and not Brownback.

In all seriousness though, besides Kobach's failed voter fraud thing is there any other reason why Kansas would vote against him if he won the primary (something related to him, not like "D wave year")

He seemed pretty ready to jump ship and work for Trump instead of focusing on Kansas when Trump was forming his cabinet.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2017, 06:34:41 PM »

He seemed pretty ready to jump ship and work for Trump instead of focusing on Kansas when Trump was forming his cabinet.
I can see that being a problem, but so many politicians have done that in the past. Would that really matter, especially in Kansas?
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2017, 06:42:39 PM »

I can see that being a problem, but so many politicians have done that in the past. Would that really matter, especially in Kansas?

I'm not from Kansas and cannot speak for them, but it would greatly piss off some people I know here in South Dakota if politicians didn't seem focused on our state. It's one of the reasons Daschle lost.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2017, 06:51:46 PM »

The Kansas GOP may be the only political entity in the entire US right now that is solely responsible for causing both devastating spending cuts to vital programs and massive tax increases on the middle class. That isn't a very difficult case to make.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2017, 11:30:19 PM »

If its Kobach v Brewer, I'll likely be backing Brewer. Kansas can't afford another incompetent governor.

I'd like Kevin Yoder as a gubernatorial candidate, but i'd rather him stay a Housie.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2017, 09:29:55 PM »

Kobach is just generally rather extreme.

If its Kobach v Brewer, I'll likely be backing Brewer. Kansas can't afford another incompetent governor.

I'd like Kevin Yoder as a gubernatorial candidate, but i'd rather him stay a Housie.
What if it is Svaty vs. Kobach?
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies