Trump supporters agree neither Trump nor Comey lied — they blame the media
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 05:38:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump supporters agree neither Trump nor Comey lied — they blame the media
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Do you feel better about Donald Trump after the Comey testimony?
Yes (D)

No (D)

Yes (I)

No (I)

Yes (R)

No (R)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 42

Author Topic: Trump supporters agree neither Trump nor Comey lied — they blame the media  (Read 601 times)
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 09, 2017, 04:17:36 AM »

Trump supporters agree neither Trump nor Comey lied — they blame the media instead

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2017, 04:45:34 AM »

A story like this that seems bait to ridicule Trump supporters is not good. It'd have been good if it actually shed more light on their views. What would help them be confident that they've heard both sides, and are ready to make a fair judgement? The story doesn't answer.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2017, 06:21:48 AM »

How much can one disapprove of the President? For me the Comey testimony and implications of even greater possible damage in closed session in which more classified data can be revealed simply loads onto my contempt for the President.

I'm thinking that even Vladimir Putin should be questioning whether this poltroon can be of any use to him.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2017, 09:26:48 AM »

No. No change at all. I knew from the very beginning that Trump is a blunt liar and faker without any moral compass. He only cares about his own beneficial. No matter at which cost. That Comey stated, he only made notes after conversations with Trump, not so with Bush and Obama, because of his “personality”, speaks volumes. Comey got it right from the start on that this is a liar and faker and that he could not trust this president at all.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2017, 09:49:48 AM »

This is exactly what I was saying yesterday. Atlas still doesn't understand real people, lol.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2017, 11:08:25 AM »

This is exactly what I was saying yesterday. Atlas still doesn't understand real people, lol.

I'm not sure if you are being serious or sarcastic.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2017, 11:28:09 AM »

.... That Comey stated, he only made notes after conversations with Trump, not so with Bush and Obama, because of his “personality”, speaks volumes. Comey got it right from the start on that this is a liar and faker and that he could not trust this president at all.

You know, this is a very good point that did not strike me earlier.
As an operations manager and controller (who also handles all local H.R. matters), I do take notes on the "trouble-makers" (those who are currently known to be, or those I "suspect" will be in the future) at our facility, and I don't bother doing so with the more serious bunch of employees that I manage. By doing this, I have the "ammunition" I need to back-up any disciplinary or termination procedures in the future.

So yes .... the fact that Comey did this tells us that he foresaw trump as an extreme "trouble-maker" (and a major douchbag) versus others like Obama and Bush, who he worked alongside and could do so without having to take consistent "gotcha-like" notes.
Very evident that people around the president, see his daily conduct as immature and unprofessional.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2017, 11:29:54 AM »

I'm not sure if you are being serious or sarcastic.

They happen to disagree with their recollection of the details of the events that occurred.
Obviously most real people agree with me.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2017, 12:24:15 PM »

The testimony indicated to me that they don't have enough evidence to take Trump down, which was a point I was unsure on before. I don't know if that counts as feeling better, but regardless I don't think we can draw conclusions from asking a sample of nine people.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2017, 01:58:14 PM »

The testimony indicated to me that they don't have enough evidence to take Trump down, which was a point I was unsure on before. I don't know if that counts as feeling better, but regardless I don't think we can draw conclusions from asking a sample of nine people.

It's obstruction of justice, a very serious violation of the separation of powers and the checks and balances. Much of the Constitution delineates the rights and non-rights of the President so that the President cannot be a dictator. The FBI, with all the resources that it has, is not and  must not become an enforcer of the whims of the President as if a secret police. 

There was a closed session involving classified data. To be sure, we must act as if nothing happened in that session because we are not privy to classified information -- but Senator Kamala Harris asked questions that suggest that damning testimony could be made in the closed session.

There is no cabal capable of taking down an embattled President. Thank God -- for such would involve a military coup, something far too risky for the "life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness" for too many of us. We do not have the parliamentary vote of no confidence because our Founding Fathers found the British parliament of the time a bad model for the new America. (Never mind that Canada, Australia, and New Zealand became independent after the British Parliament had greatly reformed itself to be  worthy of imitation.

Impeachment? The process is messy and scary -- and it is just as well that it be messy and scary. Democrats have much cause to not press for impeachment because the line of succession is mostly yes-men and fanatics.

We may have a Constitutional crisis on our hands. If the Russian spy services succeeded in shaping the 2016 election in the direction that it wanted, then we Americans did not have a valid election. Electoral fraud is grounds for invalidating an election even if the winner was in no way culpable in the fraud.

There are circumstances in which a re-do of the 2016 election as part of the 2018 election would be appropriate. If the Presidency is shaky because of foreign interference in the election, then so is the Senate majority. Any cheats that won President Trump the presidency in Pennsylvania and Wisconsin probably also won the elections of Senators Toomey and Johnson, too. (Maybe Burr, Blunt, and who knows who else?) If Hillary Clinton were president, then those two Senate seats would be enough to allow an effective majority by the Democrats if they went instead to Democrats. All that would be missing would be the mystery of conduct of the politicians who would be up for re-election.

An electoral re-do would have no precedent in American history. But rigging of the overall election (and this goes beyond the shady act of gerrymandering) is also without precedent.

Trump cultists, cry me a river about the Big Bad Media not giving us Americans a personality cult centered around your President. We fans of Obama didn't want such a personality cult, and we did not get it.       
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2017, 02:17:48 PM »

Always someone else to blame.

Fact is, Trump is corrupt and so is his administration.  He may not have personally been involved with collusion with Russia, but there is more to support that his campaign DID collude than there is to support that they didn't.

Trump himself could go on camera tonight and admit such collusion, and his cultists would find a way to justify it or turn it around on Hillary or someone else.

I don't see how we can responsibly accept the results of the 2016 election, or future elections, without some kind of serious change to the way these things are done in order to prevent foreign interference as well as to prevent actual campaigns from working with foreign governments in order to sway things.  A start would be to make a criminal example of the campaign that did it this time around, so that maybe the next campaign thinking of doing this will think twice.

I would be saying this if it were Hillary, or Obama, or anyone else, had they done this.  For people to not see the seriousness of this is just incredibly troubling.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies