Thank you, Trump (really).
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 07:45:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Thank you, Trump (really).
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Thank you, Trump (really).  (Read 1075 times)
Beet
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 09, 2017, 07:54:43 PM »

"I’m committing the United States to Article 5,” Mr. Trump said during a news conference on Friday with President Klaus Iohannis of Romania in the White House Rose Garden. “And certainly, we are there to protect and that’s one of the reasons that I want people to make sure we have a very, very strong force by paying the kind of money necessary to have that force. But yes, absolutely, I’d be committed to Article 5."

"Article 5 states that “an armed attack against one or more” members “in Europe or North America shall be considered an attack against them all” and has been the bedrock of the trans-Atlantic relationship for nearly seven decades."

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/09/world/europe/trump-nato-defense-article-5.html

Basic, but good move. IMO expanding NATO is a bad idea, but we must live up to our existing treaty agreements. Glad to see an omission from two weeks ago was clearly corrected.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2017, 08:04:25 PM »
« Edited: June 09, 2017, 10:03:20 PM by TexasGurl »

Happy now Edited? Now we can go back to #MAGA.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2017, 08:06:01 PM »

Oh look, he finally did something that any other presidential candidate would've done out of basic common sense. Let's give him a cookie.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2017, 08:45:43 PM »

Oh look, he finally did something that any other presidential candidate would've done out of basic common sense. Let's give him a cookie.

Exactly.
But my guess is that trump's boss, Putin, will not be very happy with this.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2017, 08:58:47 PM »

Trump's word is worthless. Anyone counting on it is a fool.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2017, 09:06:49 PM »

Trump's word is worthless. Anyone counting on it is a fool.

LOL.
Very true though.
He was so wishy-washy with this whole topic in the past, so your comment is relevant.
Can our allies believe him and the fact that the USA will back them, if an attack took place ?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2017, 09:48:36 PM »

I was plenty fine with him remaining quiet on this one.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2017, 11:21:09 PM »

You know the worst thing about Trump? Trump always wants some credit for some sh** he's supposed to do. Trump will brag about some sh** a normal man just does. Trump will say some sh** like, "I commit to the treaties we're part of." You're supposed to, you dumb motherf***er! What are you talking about?" What kind of ignorant sh** is that? "I ain't never been with Russian hookers!" What do you want, a cookie?! You're not supposed to be with Russian hookers, you low-expectation-having motherf***er!

F*** man! I'm tired of this sh**! You know what the worst thing about Trump? Trump loves to NOT know. Nuttin' make Trump happier than not knowin' the answer to your question. Just ask Trump a question. Any question! Hey Trump, what's the capital of the DRC? "Well, there's a lot of great capitals in the world. Washington, DC is great. Have you seen our beautiful hotel on Pennsylvania avenue? It's tremendous really great!" Trump loves when it's great. Trump hates knowledge. Sh**. Trump breaks into your house you want to save your money? Put it in your books. Cuz Trump doesn't read. Just put the money in the books. Sh** books are like Kryptonite to Trump. Here's a book! AAHHH!!NO!NOT A BOOK! NO!NOOOO!
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2017, 11:23:53 PM »

So doing the bare minimum is praiseworthy?  Yeah, how about a no on that.
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2017, 11:35:19 PM »

It's praiseworthy because it is the right decision. What should he have done beyond this? Call an offensive strike vs russia?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2017, 11:37:40 PM »

It's praiseworthy because it is the right decision. What should he have done beyond this? Call an offensive strike vs russia?

Obama and Bush didn't need praise and cock-sucking for carrying out menial tasks of the office

Bush did get a 91% approval rating for ignoring all the 9/11 warnings though.
Sumner 1868
tara gilesbie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2017, 11:49:23 PM »

Some people really want nuclear war.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2017, 12:03:43 AM »

What should he have done beyond this?
resign?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2017, 12:09:21 AM »

"I’m committing the United States to Article 5,” Mr. Trump said during a news conference on Friday with President Klaus Iohannis of Romania in the White House Rose Garden.

Wasn't the U.S. already committed by virtue of existing biding treaties?
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2017, 12:28:04 AM »

You know the worst thing about Trump? Trump always wants some credit for some sh** he's supposed to do. Trump will brag about some sh** a normal man just does. Trump will say some sh** like, "I commit to the treaties we're part of." You're supposed to, you dumb motherf***er! What are you talking about?" What kind of ignorant sh** is that? "I ain't never been with Russian hookers!" What do you want, a cookie?! You're not supposed to be with Russian hookers, you low-expectation-having motherf***er!

F*** man! I'm tired of this sh**! You know what the worst thing about Trump? Trump loves to NOT know. Nuttin' make Trump happier than not knowin' the answer to your question. Just ask Trump a question. Any question! Hey Trump, what's the capital of the DRC? "Well, there's a lot of great capitals in the world. Washington, DC is great. Have you seen our beautiful hotel on Pennsylvania avenue? It's tremendous really great!" Trump loves when it's great. Trump hates knowledge. Sh**. Trump breaks into your house you want to save your money? Put it in your books. Cuz Trump doesn't read. Just put the money in the books. Sh** books are like Kryptonite to Trump. Here's a book! AAHHH!!NO!NOT A BOOK! NO!NOOOO!

I love you and Chris Rock.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2017, 05:12:47 AM »

"I’m committing the United States to Article 5,” Mr. Trump said during a news conference on Friday with President Klaus Iohannis of Romania in the White House Rose Garden. “And certainly, we are there to protect and that’s one of the reasons that I want people to make sure we have a very, very strong force by paying the kind of money necessary to have that force. But yes, absolutely, I’d be committed to Article 5."

"Article 5 states that “an armed attack against one or more” members “in Europe or North America shall be considered an attack against them all” and has been the bedrock of the trans-Atlantic relationship for nearly seven decades."

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/09/world/europe/trump-nato-defense-article-5.html

Basic, but good move. IMO expanding NATO is a bad idea, but we must live up to our existing treaty agreements. Glad to see an omission from two weeks ago was clearly corrected.

Irrelevant. A week from now or so Trump will probably state the complete opposite.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2017, 07:58:42 AM »

Sounds like politics as usual unfortunately.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies