CA-UCB: Newsom still leads in the jungle
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 09:45:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  CA-UCB: Newsom still leads in the jungle
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: CA-UCB: Newsom still leads in the jungle  (Read 3892 times)
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 10, 2017, 10:46:56 AM »
« edited: June 10, 2017, 10:49:00 AM by heatcharger »

Link.

Newsom 22% (-6)
Villaraigosa 17% (+6)
Cox 9% (-9)
Hadley 7%
Chiang 5% (-3)
Eastin 3%
Undecided 37%
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2017, 10:50:38 AM »

Another DvD general in California would probably kill Republicans here for good. And in a year where Democrats are looking to gain 6 or so House seats in the state, it would be bad for turnout among Republicans.
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2017, 10:58:23 AM »

Shame Chiang is doing so poorly.
An American Tail: Fubart Goes West
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2017, 11:03:17 AM »

Shame Chiang is doing so poorly.

He's really been bouncing around in the polls. Some have had him near 10% and I've seen some with him at like 3%.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2017, 11:05:55 AM »

How did Villaraigosa improve and Cox fall so far?
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2017, 02:53:11 PM »

There's really no campaign going on right now so there might not really be a specific reason, other than the Republican brand being further tarnished in the state due to what's going on in DC and name recognition.
diptheriadan

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2017, 03:07:27 PM »

What ever happened to Faulconer?
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2017, 03:33:29 PM »

Cox fell because he was the only Republican option the last time.
henster
YaBB God

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2017, 04:07:44 PM »

So who wins in a Newsom/Villaraigosa matchup? It'd be interesting to see the racial divides.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2017, 10:51:22 AM »

So who wins in a Newsom/Villaraigosa matchup? It'd be interesting to see the racial divides.

Newsom would be favored. He'll be the pseudo-incumbent as outgoing Lt. Governor, gets the Democratic Party's support and has less skeletons in the closet (though he clearly does have some). It would probably be a Harris vs. Sanchez redux but probably a bit closer.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -7.30

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2017, 12:45:18 PM »

He ruled out running a while ago, IIRC.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2017, 01:33:50 PM »

califoRnIa rePublicans
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2017, 02:13:34 PM »

I would prefer Steve Westly, Meg Whitman, Kevin Faulconer, or Steve Poizner(in that order, I think), but if they don't run, I am rooting for Newsom.
ajc0918
United States

« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2017, 07:17:02 PM »

Wow... I never even thought of what the impact of having no Republican at the top of the ticket would mean for the CA House races. That could be devastating.
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2017, 04:33:16 PM »

Wow... I never even thought of what the impact of having no Republican at the top of the ticket would mean for the CA House races. That could be devastating.

The Senate race could play into that as well. If a Democrat or left leaning Indy like Michael Eisen gets the second spot, it doesn't look good for at least Issa. I'd imagine others would have issues and maybe lose as well.
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2017, 09:25:19 PM »

Yeah, these D vs. D races aren't politically healthy.  No state should have one-party rule.  I hope to live to see the day where CA votes for a Republican for President and has a GOP state trifecta, and TX elects a Democrat for President and has a Dem state trifecta.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2017, 03:14:15 PM »

No surprise here, Newsom will be Gov-elect
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2017, 08:19:45 PM »

Yeah, these D vs. D races aren't politically healthy.  No state should have one-party rule.  I hope to live to see the day where CA votes for a Republican for President and has a GOP state trifecta, and TX elects a Democrat for President and has a Dem state trifecta.

Well, California needs to get rid of the Jungle primary system at any rate.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2017, 08:25:48 PM »

Yeah, these D vs. D races aren't politically healthy.  No state should have one-party rule.  I hope to live to see the day where CA votes for a Republican for President and has a GOP state trifecta, and TX elects a Democrat for President and has a Dem state trifecta.

The GOP nominated a pro choice, pro SSM, pro environment candidate in 2014 (a favorable year) and they still got walloped. I'm not a big fan of a one Party state rule either but the Republican Party just doesn't resonate here.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2017, 10:09:10 PM »

Yeah, these D vs. D races aren't politically healthy.  No state should have one-party rule.  I hope to live to see the day where CA votes for a Republican for President and has a GOP state trifecta, and TX elects a Democrat for President and has a Dem state trifecta.

The GOP nominated a pro choice, pro SSM, pro environment candidate in 2014 (a favorable year) and they still got walloped. I'm not a big fan of a one Party state rule either but the Republican Party just doesn't resonate here.

To be fair, he was against Jerry Brown. Only Dennis Daugaard, Matt Mead, and Bill Haslam were more popular.
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2017, 10:36:13 PM »

To be fair, he was against Jerry Brown. Only Dennis Daugaard, Matt Mead, and Bill Haslam were more popular.
Still, it's California. I kind of just accept that most people aren't voting for someone with radically different views.
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.52

« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2017, 11:27:35 PM »

The only way the CA GOP will ever come back in the immediate future is if it either becomes very, very socially liberal or if the coastline sinks into the ocean.

Honestly if I were the CA GOP, I'd do whatever I can to take in the would-be Hillbots and moderate Democrats that exist. Basically become David Cameron's Conservative Party.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2017, 06:29:21 PM »

The only way the CA GOP will ever come back in the immediate future is if it either becomes very, very socially liberal or if the coastline sinks into the ocean.

Honestly if I were the CA GOP, I'd do whatever I can to take in the would-be Hillbots and moderate Democrats that exist. Basically become David Cameron's Conservative Party.

This would be a good strategy if it weren't for the very rural and very conservative parts of the Valley keeping the Party from moving anymore to the Left. The California GOP is gonna be in the wilderness while Trump remains President. His presence is just far too toxic for them in this state.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2017, 06:53:20 PM »

Still, it's California. I kind of just accept that most people aren't voting for someone with radically different views.

True, but it could've been a Boxer v. Fiorina style loss instead if anyone else were running.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2017, 07:48:58 PM »

The voters in California choose to elect Democrats. What is unhealthy in Republicans gerrymandering states to create a House majority.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies