CA-UCB: Newsom still leads in the jungle
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 11:14:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  CA-UCB: Newsom still leads in the jungle
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: CA-UCB: Newsom still leads in the jungle  (Read 3891 times)
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2017, 04:49:18 PM »

A Villarigosa-Newsom primary would genuinely make me root for Newsom, and I can't stand Newsom.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2017, 04:54:47 PM »

A Villarigosa-Newsom primary would genuinely make me root for Newsom, and I can't stand Newsom.

Nope, Newsom wasn't the answer in '03, he's not the answer now, even in this case.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2017, 10:25:53 PM »

Yeah, these D vs. D races aren't politically healthy.  No state should have one-party rule.  I hope to live to see the day where CA votes for a Republican for President and has a GOP state trifecta, and TX elects a Democrat for President and has a Dem state trifecta.

The GOP nominated a pro choice, pro SSM, pro environment candidate in 2014 (a favorable year) and they still got walloped. I'm not a big fan of a one Party state rule either but the Republican Party just doesn't resonate here.

To be fair, he was against Jerry Brown. Only Dennis Daugaard, Matt Mead, and Bill Haslam were more popular.

Yeah, I could see Kashkari doing much better against Feinstein or Harris.
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2017, 12:13:32 PM »

The only way the CA GOP will ever come back in the immediate future is if it either becomes very, very socially liberal or if the coastline sinks into the ocean.

Honestly if I were the CA GOP, I'd do whatever I can to take in the would-be Hillbots and moderate Democrats that exist. Basically become David Cameron's Conservative Party.

This would be a good strategy if it weren't for the very rural and very conservative parts of the Valley keeping the Party from moving anymore to the Left. The California GOP is gonna be in the wilderness while Trump remains President. His presence is just far too toxic for them in this state.
There is no point sacrificing your principles to get elected; if you get elected without principles, then you still lose.
Cactus Jack
azcactus
United States

« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2017, 11:14:20 PM »

Shame the lesser of two LA mayors was the one who jumped into this race. Garcetti would be vastly preferable to Newsom or Villaraigosa.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2017, 12:42:46 PM »

Hard to believe 40 or so years ago California was the headquarters of the conservative movement.

If I lived in California I'd probably vote for the D with the best chance of making the runoff against Newsom, to suppress R turnout for Assembly and House races.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2017, 12:46:39 PM »

Hard to believe 40 or so years ago California was the headquarters of the conservative movement.

If I lived in California I'd probably vote for the D with the best chance of making the runoff against Newsom, to suppress R turnout for Assembly and House races.

SoCal anyway.

Dixie North and the Urban Bay Area had none of that sh*& (Marin and the Silicon Valley took time to get with the program).
Bakersfield Uber Alles
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2017, 05:30:41 PM »

SoCal anyway.

Dixie North and the Urban Bay Area had none of that sh*& (Marin and the Silicon Valley took time to get with the program).

It really amuses me that Plumas used to be a decently solid Dem county.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2017, 05:34:24 PM »

If California was as progressive as people say, they'd have better Democrats than Gavin Newsom, have repealed the very unfair Prop 13, would have an oil extraction tax like every other state with fossil fuels, and wouldn't have a pharma lobbyist as the Democratic chair.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2017, 07:33:09 PM »

Newsom's thoughts on Russia and the Democratic message moving forward.

He's already the favorite but he's probably gonna seal it up soon if he keeps talking like this.
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2017, 07:51:27 PM »

Newsom's thoughts on Russia and the Democratic message moving forward.

He's already the favorite but he's probably gonna seal it up soon if he keeps talking like this.

Wow, he sounds like a younger Terry McAullife. Endorsed!
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies