Angry man reduces airport worker to tears
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 07:26:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Angry man reduces airport worker to tears
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Angry man reduces airport worker to tears  (Read 946 times)
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 11, 2017, 11:47:32 AM »

http://nypost.com/2017/06/08/human-toilet-too-dumb-to-follow-instructions-reduces-airport-worker-to-tears/

If he tried this in America, to quote the President "He'd be taken out on a stretcher."

Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2017, 02:49:21 PM »

If he tried this in America, I assume the airline employee would call the police to come bodyslam him into the ticket counter.

But, really, if you're flying Ryanair, you paid for a seat and several hundred gallons of jet fuel. You didn't pay for customer service. Print your own boarding pass.
mvd10
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.58, S: -2.61

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2017, 02:54:29 PM »
« Edited: June 11, 2017, 02:57:42 PM by mvd10 »

If he tried this in America, I assume the airline employee would call the police to come bodyslam him into the ticket counter.

But, really, if you're flying Ryanair, you paid for a seat and several hundred gallons of jet fuel. You didn't pay for customer service. Print your own boarding pass.

AirFrance-KLM my friend (or actually just KLM)
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2017, 03:00:14 PM »

The guy acted like an absolute idiot.
I hope he missed his flight because of all the disturbance he caused for himself.
This airline should red-tag his name in their system, and not allow him to fly using their service.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2017, 03:02:17 PM »

Working in the retail/customer service industry, you take a lot worse verbal beat downs from customers. Not saying it is acceptable for a grown man to be acting like this at all, but I hope the employee eventually develops some thicker skin or finds a career where she is less likely to be around unhappy customers.

That being said, the guy is a super jerk and deserves to be shamed for his actions, maybe even refused service to fly with them again.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2017, 03:08:23 PM »

Obama pls drone

Gianforte pls body slam
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2017, 03:11:41 PM »

Working in the retail/customer service industry, you take a lot worse verbal beat downs from customers. Not saying it is acceptable for a grown man to be acting like this at all, but I hope the employee eventually develops some thicker skin or finds a career where she is less likely to be around unhappy customers.

I suppose, but you never know what she was going through prior to this incident.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2017, 04:02:09 PM »

I suppose, but you never know what she was going through prior to this incident.

To some extent, yes. Obviously she is human, and has feelings, and could have other things going on. But at the same time, it is a part of working in the field (sadly). I am not going to base it entirely on a one time clip (it could have very well been a bad day, or she was fairly new to the job), but it definitely is something for folks who work in customer service to consider, whether or not they are emotionally capable of handling being treated this way. Because most of the time, it's not a matter of if they get that customer, but when.
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2017, 04:27:05 PM »

Obama pls drone

Gianforte pls body slam
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2017, 06:22:26 PM »

To some extent, yes. Obviously she is human, and has feelings, and could have other things going on. But at the same time, it is a part of working in the field (sadly). I am not going to base it entirely on a one time clip (it could have very well been a bad day, or she was fairly new to the job), but it definitely is something for folks who work in customer service to consider, whether or not they are emotionally capable of handling being treated this way. Because most of the time, it's not a matter of if they get that customer, but when.

I can understand what you are saying, but this was no normal (or even close to normal) "altercation" for a customer service rep.
There is a breaking-point. The customer in the video just kept going and going with his harsh words, even attacking and demeaning other customers around him.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2017, 08:35:56 PM »

I can understand what you are saying, but this was no normal (or even close to normal) "altercation" for a customer service rep.
There is a breaking-point. The customer in the video just kept going and going with his harsh words, even attacking and demeaning other customers around him.

You'd be surprised.

I do acknowledge the guy is a huge jerk and his behavior was unacceptable, but the occasional crazies are a normal thing.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2017, 08:38:51 PM »

Why do you quote the president speaking of what should happen to his political enemies as a good thing? Are you really that obtuse?

Oh wait. I just remembered your entire posting history, ever.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2017, 10:44:47 PM »

AirFrance-KLM my friend (or actually just KLM)

I've flown Air France and KLM before in economy class and was very pleased with the service.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2017, 12:11:06 AM »

Why do you quote the president speaking of what should happen to his political enemies as a good thing? Are you really that obtuse?

Oh wait. I just remembered your entire posting history, ever.

Isn't ReaganFan like, really young (under 18) ?
I'm not trying to find an excuse or create any sympathy for him, but I'm just trying to confirm.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2017, 01:04:15 AM »

Yeah that guy is human garbage. He used all the standards of terrible customers:

-Repeatedly demanding a supervisor.
-Talking about how he is the customer and always right and the one paying her and lecturing her on what her job is.
-Frequently using her name and unnaturally putting it at the end of every sentence in a condescending manner.
-Filibustering at her, refusing to shut up or even giving her a chance to respond, meaning she couldn't help even if she had some way. In other words, his goal was to be an asshole and make people feel bad, not to get what he was requesting.

Heard it far too many times. At least she can call security and get rid of a guy like that.
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2017, 03:34:17 PM »

Terrible behavior on the part of the passenger but Ryannair is also terrible for making passengers pay $56 to print a boarding pass at the gate. 
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2017, 07:05:58 PM »

Terrible behavior on the part of the passenger but Ryannair is also terrible for making passengers pay $56 to print a boarding pass at the gate. 

It's basically a European version of Spirit. There's a way those discount airlines keep their prices so low.
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2017, 10:56:17 PM »
« Edited: June 12, 2017, 10:59:50 PM by Del Tachi »

It's basically a European version of Spirit. There's a way those discount airlines keep their prices so low.

Yes because they bank on having poor saps forget their boarding passes and having to pay $60 to print another one for a flight which they're already ticketed.

HP.
IceAgeComing
United Kingdom

« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2017, 06:34:42 AM »

its still usually cheaper than other airlines even if you are stupid enough to not print your boarding pass

like my flight back home from Brussels was like €9; while the cheapest non-Ryanair flight was €200+
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies