11 year old rape victim forced to carry to term thanks to Ohio law.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:38:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  11 year old rape victim forced to carry to term thanks to Ohio law.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22]
Author Topic: 11 year old rape victim forced to carry to term thanks to Ohio law.  (Read 23212 times)
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #525 on: May 19, 2019, 09:47:34 PM »

Okay, so what do the aborted/miscarried embryos do in Heaven?  Do they just float around in a huge Heavenly Petri Dish?  Do they have wings?

They are praising God, day and night, living in the light of His Glory for ever and ever.  They know no sorrow, no sadness; all is the Joy of the Lord.

It is so wonderful, the Human Mind cannot fully wrap itself around how wonderful Heaven is.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #526 on: May 19, 2019, 09:51:06 PM »

Of all this discussion, it's all the mindless and puerile sanctifying, while ignoring the science behind conception and gestation that really annoys me.

It's why I disengage immediately from the conversation. The discussion happens in bad faith, and there's no way of convincing the opposition of anything because they've already decided to dismiss the facts.

And all this is before considering the obvious move to control women even further. They won't stop at a total ban of abortion. They'll go on to birth control (see this happening in some states already), sex education, so on and so forth.

This, of course, is not true.  But for the Feminist Left, this is a power issue.  Girl Power is more important than the Humanity of the Unborn to the Feminist Left.  They've made this clear over the decades.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #527 on: May 19, 2019, 10:01:36 PM »

Of all this discussion, it's all the mindless and puerile sanctifying, while ignoring the science behind conception and gestation that really annoys me.

It's why I disengage immediately from the conversation. The discussion happens in bad faith, and there's no way of convincing the opposition of anything because they've already decided to dismiss the facts.

And all this is before considering the obvious move to control women even further. They won't stop at a total ban of abortion. They'll go on to birth control (see this happening in some states already), sex education, so on and so forth.

This, of course, is not true.  But for the Feminist Left, this is a power issue.  Girl Power is more important than the Humanity of the Unborn to the Feminist Left.  They've made this clear over the decades.

Regardless of whether you think that first sentence is true, the rest of that bolded statement absolutely is. It's already happening.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #528 on: May 19, 2019, 10:09:53 PM »

Regardless of whether you think that first sentence is true, the rest of that bolded statement absolutely is. It's already happening.

There are not movements to "ban birth control" other than "abortion pills" with kill fetuses.

People resist being mandated to pay for birth control as part of required healthcare for employees, as it violates their religious convictions.  I don't agree with this necessarily, but I view this issue as fundamentally different than the abortion issue.

Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #529 on: May 19, 2019, 10:10:46 PM »

Okay, so what do the aborted/miscarried embryos do in Heaven?  Do they just float around in a huge Heavenly Petri Dish?  Do they have wings?

They are praising God, day and night, living in the light of His Glory for ever and ever.  They know no sorrow, no sadness; all is the Joy of the Lord.

It is so wonderful, the Human Mind cannot fully wrap itself around how wonderful Heaven is.

How does a zygote praise God?  Be specific, please.  Also, day and night, you say?  Isn't that utterly exhausting for single-cell organisms?
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #530 on: May 19, 2019, 10:12:06 PM »

There are not movements to "ban birth control" other than "abortion pills" with kill fetuses.

People resist being mandated to pay for birth control as part of required healthcare for employees, as it violates their religious convictions.  I don't agree with this necessarily, but I view this issue as fundamentally different than the abortion issue.

Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #531 on: May 19, 2019, 10:14:10 PM »

Okay, so what do the aborted/miscarried embryos do in Heaven?  Do they just float around in a huge Heavenly Petri Dish?  Do they have wings?

They are praising God, day and night, living in the light of His Glory for ever and ever.  They know no sorrow, no sadness; all is the Joy of the Lord.

How does a zygote praise God?  Be specific, please.  Also, day and night, you say?  Isn't that utterly exhausting for single-cell organisms?

The "zygote" has an eternal soul that is in Heaven, praising God, day and night.  The "zygote" is a human being, part of Fallen Man that Jesus died for.

Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #532 on: May 19, 2019, 10:20:10 PM »

Okay, so what do the aborted/miscarried embryos do in Heaven?  Do they just float around in a huge Heavenly Petri Dish?  Do they have wings?

They are praising God, day and night, living in the light of His Glory for ever and ever.  They know no sorrow, no sadness; all is the Joy of the Lord.

How does a zygote praise God?  Be specific, please.  Also, day and night, you say?  Isn't that utterly exhausting for single-cell organisms?

The "zygote" has an eternal soul that is in Heaven, praising God, day and night.  The "zygote" is a human being, part of Fallen Man that Jesus died for.

How does a zygote praise God?  Be specific, please.  Also, day and night, you say?  Isn't that utterly exhausting for single-cell organisms?
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #533 on: May 20, 2019, 08:06:59 AM »

This is one of the most disturbing things I've ever read.
Cold War Liberal
KennedyWannabe99
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.53

« Reply #534 on: May 20, 2019, 09:34:15 AM »

Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #535 on: May 20, 2019, 09:48:01 AM »

The "zygote" has an eternal soul that is in Heaven, praising God, day and night.  The "zygote" is a human being, part of Fallen Man that Jesus died for.

You are finally making it very hard to be pro-life. Exhausting enough to defend the legitimate points; no need to make it harder with ridiculous assertions relating to pre-implanted cell.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #536 on: May 20, 2019, 10:02:53 AM »

Christ, Fuzzy, just write your own scripture and start your own church already.
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #537 on: May 20, 2019, 10:03:04 AM »

It really is silly how this thread started about the attack on rights of women and girls and ended up with personal religious rants about sky magic, eternal glory, and pseudo science to justify this nonsense legislation.

This is why the anti-abortion side has no merit. They're religious fanatics who want to lord over women. They're not honest actors, most know it's not politically viable to say what the real endgame is but we all know where their policies lead.

Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #538 on: May 20, 2019, 10:13:28 AM »

Christ, Fuzzy, just write your own scripture and start your own church already.

Start an Abortion Church!
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #539 on: May 20, 2019, 11:18:23 AM »

I can't defend pro lifers when they choose to bring religion into their arguments. There are legitimate secular reasons to be pro life and they should focus on that.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #540 on: May 20, 2019, 11:23:43 AM »

I can't defend pro lifers when they choose to bring religion into their arguments. There are legitimate secular reasons to be pro life and they should focus on that.

Or I would say more "anti-abortion". That is even if abortion isn't murder doesn't mean it could be some hybrid of possessing a dangerous drug/adultery/dishonesty.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #541 on: May 20, 2019, 11:36:46 AM »

Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #542 on: May 20, 2019, 06:21:50 PM »

I've often wondered what life is like for babies who have died and, being sinless, have ascended to heaven. Do they have an infant's State of Mind for all eternity? Are they granted an adult consciousness? I suspect that it is well beyond the comprehension of humanity to Envision more than an inkling of what heaven entails.

That said, I do not believe that an egg fertilized was in the previous 48 hours and unemployment it by the morning after pill is any more conscious or likely to go to heaven then any of my sperm cells which do not implant. If you believe that oh, great, but trying to impose that far far from universal view at the cost of women's right to control their reproductive process, their health, and indeed their lives is untenable and unacceptable. Trying to make a comparison between contemporary views of humanity, or lack thereof, of African American slaves and a zygote runs somewhere between revolting and cringe-worthy.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #543 on: May 20, 2019, 06:46:59 PM »

100% agreed. Like with a lot of issues from a right wing perspective, it's based on a false narrative and complete misunderstanding/refusal to understand basic, overwhelming facts and science. It's why this nation might just be doomed as a significant portion of its voters engage in a completely alternative reality that is impossible to change their minds about.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies