Can Muslims be white? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:24:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Can Muslims be white? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Can Muslims be white?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 144

Author Topic: Can Muslims be white?  (Read 5178 times)
The Arizonan
United States

« on: June 12, 2017, 01:14:40 AM »

Yes, you can be white AND a Muslim whether you were raised as a Muslim or converted.

Some people say that being a Muslim makes you culturally non-white.

Arabs are already considered "white" by the Census Bureau, so...

Arabs are a Middle Eastern people. Why does it even matter whether they are considered white?
The Arizonan
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2017, 01:37:02 AM »

"Race" is a social construct, so people are whatever they are labelled. For the purpose of how they are treated in Western society though, no, Muslims, particularly Arab Muslims are not white.

It's my understanding that "white" refers to Indo-European nationalities.
The Arizonan
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2017, 01:33:55 PM »

A (white) friend of mine from junior high school converted to the Muslim faith a short time before he was murdered.

I agree with the main point as well.  The terrorist incident in London received front page coverage for several days, but the two mass shootings in the United States that occurred right at the same time were both reported in the Vancouver Sun in a few short paragraphs on B 5.

My friend's murder was an absolutely bizarre case. I have no idea if his conversion to the Muslim faith had anything to do with it or not.  The investigating officer deliberately botched the case.  So, the only people who know are, I guess, the murderer and the police officer.

Why are there so many pieces of s**t in law enforcement these days?

Of course they can. Like Santander said, Arabs are considered white for census purposes (Arabs are Indo-European, of course, and share many characteristics with Greeks, Turks, and other Mediterranean and Semitic peoples)

I thought that Arabs are a Semitic people and that the latter is a classification separate from Indo-European.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies