If Trump fires Mueller
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 01:27:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  If Trump fires Mueller
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: If Trump fires Mueller  (Read 2634 times)
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 12, 2017, 08:31:18 AM »

So yesterday on Fox, Newt was ripping on Mueller saying he was bringing in "bad people" an if you search Mueller on Twitter you will see he has now become the new target of consortia cry theories by Trump's most hardcore supporters claiming he is "out to get Trump" because he is friends with Comey. So it got me thinking what if Trump fires Mueller? Will the party abandon him or will they rally behind these "he was out to get Trump" talking points?
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2017, 08:40:26 AM »

ISTR hearing when Mueller was appointed that he was given Civil Service protections so that he could not be arbitrarily fired. 
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2017, 08:58:49 AM »

Mueller is way too tight with Comey to be an objective prosecutor. Firing him is a bad move, at least as of now.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2017, 09:01:27 AM »

LOL, at first I didn't read the if, only Trump fires Mueller.

He could be fired by Rosenstein or Sessions I guess. But I doubt that Trump will really attempt to do that.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2017, 09:01:50 AM »

He could be fired by Rosenstein or Sessions I guess. But I doubt that Trump will really attempt to do that.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2017, 09:15:48 AM »

So yesterday on Fox, Newt was ripping on Mueller saying he was bringing in "bad people" an if you search Mueller on Twitter you will see he has now become the new target of consortia cry theories by Trump's most hardcore supporters claiming he is "out to get Trump" because he is friends with Comey. So it got me thinking what if Trump fires Mueller? Will the party abandon him or will they rally behind these "he was out to get Trump" talking points?

The crew of deplorables under the GOP will back Trump to the destruction of the US and beyond. (Although if he starts threatening their own cushy lifestyles they'll probably oust him, assuming it's not too late and the moribund Trumpublicans can rouse themselves sufficiently.)
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2017, 09:21:00 AM »

I think only Rosenstein can, but I think they would have to show that it is based on him not doing his job adequately as he does have civil service protections.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2017, 09:23:25 AM »

How quickly they change...

You must be logged in to read this quote.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2017, 09:58:55 AM »
« Edited: June 12, 2017, 10:07:39 AM by emailking »

I think only Rosenstein can, but I think they would have to show that it is based on him not doing his job adequately as he does have civil service protections.

And he could appeal it too.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2017, 10:05:07 AM »

Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2017, 10:32:00 AM »

I think it's funny how entrenched some people are in Washington. Drain the swamp, Donald. Make them fear you. Keep appointing conservative judges, rip apart any shred of a globalist agenda. If there are leakers or "anonymous sources", find them, expose them. Let the American people loose. Freedom!!
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2017, 10:33:07 AM »

It would show the Trump Administration for what it is -- a would-be dictatorship.  As if we didn't all know that by now.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2017, 10:33:35 AM »

I think it's funny how entrenched some people are in Washington. Drain the swamp, Donald. Make them fear you. Keep appointing conservative judges, rip apart any shred of a globalist agenda. If there are leakers or "anonymous sources", find them, expose them. Let the American people loose. Freedom!!

Think you forgot a few triple parentheses there buddy
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2017, 10:33:55 AM »

Are you a parodist?
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2017, 10:34:27 AM »

The Self
Rookie
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2017, 10:36:16 AM »

rip apart any shred of a globalist agenda

Twenty character limit.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2017, 10:43:08 AM »

The Anti-Defamation League has discovered a use for the triple parentheses from the Hard Right: it is typically to identify someone as a Jew, as in (((Woody Allen))) or (((Barbra Streisand))), or to identify a Jewish-dominated or subservient group, as in (((Anti-Defamation League))). The suggestion is of an echo, and it can also identify someone that the bigot considers too close to Judaism or Jewish interests, as in (((Ronald Reagan))) or (((NAACP))).

Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2017, 10:44:15 AM »

The Anti-Defamation League has discovered a use for the triple parentheses from the Hard Right: it is typically to identify someone as a Jew, as in (((Woody Allen))) or (((Barbra Streisand))), or to identify a Jewish-dominated or subservient group, as in (((Anti-Defamation League))). The suggestion is of an echo, and it can also identify someone that the bigot considers too close to Judaism or Jewish interests, as in (((Ronald Reagan))) or (((NAACP))).

Haven't heard of that. That's messed up.
The Arizonan
United States

« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2017, 02:16:21 PM »

Yes, every man, woman, and child on earth is actually descended from Abraham.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2017, 06:21:56 PM »

Completely innocent guy here......
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2017, 06:24:01 PM »

Comey is close to Mueller, who was his mentor and confidante. Mueller is absolutely not the person to lead this investigation. I'd welcome this.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2017, 06:29:47 PM »

If he does, it will signify that he believes he will never touched.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2017, 06:30:07 PM »

Comey is close to Mueller, who was his mentor and confidante. Mueller is absolutely not the person to lead this investigation. I'd welcome this.

Is this the new GOP talking points concerning the investigation?
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2017, 06:31:32 PM »

Mueller has received bipartisan praise as the best man for the job, and someone that seeks out the truth in a professional and appropriate manner.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2017, 06:33:13 PM »

Is this the new GOP talking points concerning the investigation?
You never, ever have anything to say in response don't you?

Mueller has received bipartisan praise as the best man for the job, and someone that seeks out the truth in a professional and appropriate manner.
Trump's enemies are bipartisan. It's not like Lindsey Graham's praise makes Mueller somehow an objective source. Mueller comes from the same network trying to oust Trump, and he cannot be trusted to work with Comey, a close personal friend and longtime ally, in an objective manner.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies