Bagel23 For Southern Chamber of Delegates, For The Second Time.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:26:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Bagel23 For Southern Chamber of Delegates, For The Second Time.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: FF HP Barometer
FF
HP
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Bagel23 For Southern Chamber of Delegates, For The Second Time.  (Read 1571 times)
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 12, 2017, 12:09:06 PM »
« edited: January 01, 2018, 08:52:00 PM by Bagel23 »

Greetings fellow Atlasians. I am Bagel23, and I am running to be the next member of the southern chamber of delegates! I am running on moderate, practical, and common sense platform and appeal. I am open to bipartisanship, and so much so that I think my winning coalition will consist of moderates on both sides of the aisle. I am a democrat in RL, but when I saw how left the “equivalent” party was in Atlas, I did not hesitate to cross the aisle, and join the moderate and common sense party that has produced great leaders such as DFW Liberty Lover. Here is a rundown of what I will try to implement in all my actions as a member of the southern chamber of delegates:

Immigration:

Extreme vetting, but no quotas, and welcome new immigrants. No wall, we need a comprehensive and digital security program, that ensures that good hombres get to come and stay, while the bad ones get the boot. We need hybrids of sanctuary cities like Boston. Do not go out of the way to chase illegal immigrants, but do not be hesitate to research and act appropriately on resident status should a felony be in question.

Abortion:

Big no-no, unless the life of the mother is in danger, or in certain extreme scenarios that will be judged on a case to case basis. Life starts at conception. No ifs or buts about it. I will fight to protect our unborn citizens.

LGBT Community:

Very simple policy here. They do not both me, so I will not bother them, let’s leave them alone already. We have better things to do with our time and taxpayer dollars than harass a bunch of homosexual individuals.

Foreign Policy:

Only one step up from isolationist. Pretty much same policy as the LGBT one.

Healthcare:

Open markets, protect pre existing conditions, health care is a right.

Drugs:

Legalize marijuana, and pretend like the others do not even exist. Again, better things to spend our money and time on than this.

Guns:
We need to make all private ownership of guns illegal. Period. I will fight for this, probably with little success, but in the meantime, I will fight for the most stringent regulations possible, and attempt to choke the industry with red tape.

Economy:

I want to institute a federal minimum wage of $8.53.5 an hour. We have to raise the minimum wage a little bit, but we also have to be sensitive to the needs of employers and what they can handle without suffering as well. Right to work is also how we should be operating, I am a big believer in individual choice within reason, and this issue falls into that range. We also need to let the free market run its course with business interactions and sales unless it is to the serious detriment of the consumers. We also need to have a pro-trade agenda, and drastically slash tariffs. Taxes must stay the same for the middle class, lower for the poor, and raised slightly for the wealthy, while maintaining current tax rates on corporations. We also should be encouraging outsourcing to drastically lower the cost of common goods for our citizens, while encouraging and funding smart technology and service industry jobs with exportable products to other countries.

Education:

Let’s try to fix our schools before throwing even more money at them. Let’s look at the schools that are performing well, and try to copy them. No school vouchers, that is the way of the cowards. We need to clean out teachers unions, and actually hold our teachers to higher expectations while boosting incentives for the pathway to becoming a teacher. Need a standardized form of education for the entire nation that holds everyone accountable. No free college that is sponsored by the state. Education after high school is a privilege not a right. Anything high school and under is covered. But student friendly loans that are non-profit, and have flexible payments options and schedules.

Environment:

Climate change is real. We need to regulate our state to help stave off global warming. But at the same time, we have to be reasonable here, and in the process, not kill tons of jobs.

Technology:

No mandatory vaccinations, but make life impossible without them: ie. no access to schools, work, public, etc. as a result. Defund space travel. We have better things to do than fund giant soda bottles full of fuel launching into bleak nothingness. I am a big fan of nuclear power, it gets a bad rap, we need to be promoting it in every way we can.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask, thank you! And I hope I have your vote this july!
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2017, 02:19:20 PM »

I have decided to quit my campaign and endorse You. We need more moderates in atlasia!
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2017, 03:17:47 PM »

I have decided to quit my campaign and endorse You. We need more moderates in atlasia!

A ginormous thank you to you James for your endorsement! I'm also a big JFK fan, and I like Kasich too.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2017, 05:39:46 PM »

glad to help!
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2017, 06:49:57 PM »

Endorsed!
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2017, 07:24:10 PM »

Many thanks to our great president for his endorsement!
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2017, 07:27:38 PM »

I'd consider voting for you but you are too extreme on the right to bear arms that is in our constitution.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2017, 07:32:06 PM »

I'd consider voting for you but you are too extreme on the right to bear arms that is in our constitution.

Fwiw my stance would likely never be accomplished, and in reality, I will just be looking to hinder the gun industry.
diptheriadan

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2017, 08:10:12 PM »

Fwiw my stance would likely never be accomplished, and in reality, I will just be looking to hinder the gun industry.

y tho
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2017, 08:28:31 PM »

y tho

It will not be accomplished, since even most liberals are for guns to be legal, albeit with heavy restrictions. As for why I support this, it is because this is one of those issues for me where I have adopted a very liberal view of it. I don't like guns, I don't like violence, and I like what I see in Australia regarding this. Murder rates are now roughly the same, but the culture and ownership of guns is going down. As for hunting (which is mostly for pleasure and not as much necessity these days), do it the same way our ancestors did it for hundreds of thousands of years before us.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2017, 09:47:05 PM »

sry Bagel23 Due to some encouragement from people  I will be running for the chamber again. You and me in the southern chamber(2 moderates working  together) would be a great team. Endorsement for endorsement?
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2017, 10:09:13 PM »

sry Bagel23 Due to some encouragement from people  I will be running for the chamber again. You and me in the southern chamber(2 moderates working  together) would be a great team. Endorsement for endorsement?

Sure, I will endorse you. but what party are you a part of? In order to win here just like in RL, it is almost a prequisite to belong to either the labour or federalist party.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2017, 10:31:09 PM »

independent who caucuses with labor(socially federalist) You could say I am a Blue Dog Democrat
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2017, 10:42:46 PM »

independent who caucuses with labor(socially federalist) You could say I am a Blue Dog Democrat

Cool, Blue Dog Buddies 👍🏽.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2017, 05:26:45 AM »

endorsed!
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2017, 04:03:32 PM »

Thank you!
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2017, 12:31:59 AM »

I would like to take this time and opportunity to double down on my previous statement made last evening regarding the term in which I referred to the SOFE of Atlasia. I stand by the statement I made, and I do not regret it. My stance on social issues is an overall centrist approach. Some left, some right, and some moderate, but when they are all added up and then averaged, they come to a centrist location. On this particular social issue, I do maintain a more right wing approach/stance/view/whatchamacallit. While I prefer the government to ensure equality, and then to stay out of it to save time and money, I still have my own opinions on the matter, and hence my actions may reflect that. I refer to people by their biological "sex" assigned to them at birth. With all due respect to all those on the other side of the matter, I don't buy the whole call by "gender", preference, etc. thing. Neither do I buy that humans can change their biological "sex" assigned to them at birth, I think that is a load of phony information. The only exception I make is for those who are a part of the intersex community, as I think they deserve the dignity of being referred to as either a "him" or "her", regardless of biology. Because "it", would be completely demeaning and insulting, and that just will not fly.

Now that this has been settled, I look forward to getting back to the issues, supporting my fellow federalists, hopefully winning a seat in the Southern Chamber of Delegates, and answering questions regarding my stance on the issues.

Thank you to all, and I hope I have your vote in July!
JustinTimeCuber
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.78

« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2017, 12:54:49 AM »

Shame.
Lachi
lok1999
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -1.06, S: -3.02

« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2017, 02:57:52 AM »

I would like to take this time and opportunity to double down on my previous statement made last evening regarding the term in which I referred to the SOFE of Atlasia. I stand by the statement I made, and I do not regret it. My stance on social issues is an overall centrist approach. Some left, some right, and some moderate, but when they are all added up and then averaged, they come to a centrist location. On this particular social issue, I do maintain a more right wing approach/stance/view/whatchamacallit. While I prefer the government to ensure equality, and then to stay out of it to save time and money, I still have my own opinions on the matter, and hence my actions may reflect that. I refer to people by their biological "sex" assigned to them at birth. With all due respect to all those on the other side of the matter, I don't buy the whole call by "gender", preference, etc. thing. Neither do I buy that humans can change their biological "sex" assigned to them at birth, I think that is a load of phony information. The only exception I make is for those who are a part of the intersex community, as I think they deserve the dignity of being referred to as either a "him" or "her", regardless of biology. Because "it", would be completely demeaning and insulting, and that just will not fly.

Now that this has been settled, I look forward to getting back to the issues, supporting my fellow federalists, hopefully winning a seat in the Southern Chamber of Delegates, and answering questions regarding my stance on the issues.

Thank you to all, and I hope I have your vote in July!
Disgusting.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2017, 07:54:30 AM »

eh bagel is our best delegate candidate
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2017, 11:17:10 AM »

eh bagel is our best delegate candidate

Thank you sir!
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2017, 07:44:49 PM »

Well, thank you for outing yourself as a bigoted douche.  I'll make note to ignore you from now on.
IceAgeComing
United Kingdom

« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2017, 12:13:00 PM »

Only on old Atlas would someone coach their bigotry in "I'm a Smiley Centrist Smiley".  Pathetic.

Also pal, you might want to look at your LGBT policy; you talk about leaving LGBT people alone yet you go out your way to try and offend trans people; you ought to either practice what you preach; or perhaps more correctly remove the "T" from your manifesto since clearly you have no interest in that bit of the community.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2017, 02:34:17 PM »

Only on old Atlas would someone coach their bigotry in "I'm a Smiley Centrist Smiley".  Pathetic.

Also pal, you might want to look at your LGBT policy; you talk about leaving LGBT people alone yet you go out your way to try and offend trans people; you ought to either practice what you preach; or perhaps more correctly remove the "T" from your manifesto since clearly you have no interest in that bit of the community.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2017, 07:51:46 PM »

μᾶζαΔΔΙΙΙ       
YaBB God
★★★★★

Re: μᾶζαΔΔΙΙΙ ἄρχων
« on: 335 BC at 12:31:59 am »

My stance on social issues is an overall centrist approach. While I prefer the ekklesia to ensure liberty and then stay out of it to save time and drachma, I still have my own opinions on the matter and hence my actions may reflect that. I refer to slaves by the natural condition of "property" assigned to them at birth. With all due respect to all those on the other side of the matter, I don't buy the whole "equality" thing. Nor do I buy that slaves can become citizens by "purchasing" their freedom, I think that is a lot of phony information. The only exception I make if for those who are slaves by law only, as I think they deserve the dignity of being referred to as human beings.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies