Sessions hearing.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 11:58:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Sessions hearing.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Sessions hearing.  (Read 1665 times)
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: June 13, 2017, 04:12:37 PM »

I had the hearing on throughout FWIW.  Tuned in and out at times because I'm doing stuff.  Basic question: is Sessions correct that the executive privilege can only be invoked by the President?
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #51 on: June 13, 2017, 04:23:48 PM »

Also...bring on Mike Pence.  I'm completely serious about that.  At least as of now, he isn't implicated in this mess and as long as it stays that way, then he should be president and Trump removed.  I would much rather have someone who can form a full sentence in the White House than the 70 year old toddler we have there now.

I'd take my chances with Pence and hope that he'll act on Russian interference, since the current president denies it even happened.
And there we have it. There is your motivation. Thanks for proving my point.

Yes.

My motivation is for a president who quite possibly committed treason, and did attempt to obstruct justice, removed from office.

Yeah this is me too. Outside of the wild Mensch-o-sphere Pence has never been implicated even by hearsay. He'd also be a vastly superior President to Trump.

I find it very hard to believe that the leader of Trump's transition team wouldn't be implicated in this mess.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #52 on: June 13, 2017, 04:27:08 PM »

Jeff Sessions, today:

Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #53 on: June 13, 2017, 04:34:33 PM »

"Jessica, did you take a cookie from the cookie jar?"

"I don't knooooow...."

elcorazon

« Reply #54 on: June 13, 2017, 05:06:14 PM »

the best argument for Trump is that the only reason for the investigation is to prove Trump committed treason. lol. that's pretty weak.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #55 on: June 13, 2017, 05:39:52 PM »

Also...bring on Mike Pence.  I'm completely serious about that.  At least as of now, he isn't implicated in this mess and as long as it stays that way, then he should be president and Trump removed.  I would much rather have someone who can form a full sentence in the White House than the 70 year old toddler we have there now.

I'd take my chances with Pence and hope that he'll act on Russian interference, since the current president denies it even happened.

Yes.

My motivation is for a president who quite possibly committed treason, and did attempt to obstruct justice, removed from office.
Possibly.

You have to have done it in order to be removed. There has been not one shred of evidence besides you and your ilk saying "we all know he did it!" Frankly, I'm beginning to understand why so many Republicans view Democrats as personal enemies.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #56 on: June 13, 2017, 06:24:10 PM »

Also...bring on Mike Pence.  I'm completely serious about that.  At least as of now, he isn't implicated in this mess and as long as it stays that way, then he should be president and Trump removed.  I would much rather have someone who can form a full sentence in the White House than the 70 year old toddler we have there now.

Yes.

Possibly.

You have to have done it in order to be removed. There has been not one shred of evidence besides you and your ilk saying "we all know he did it!" Frankly, I'm beginning to understand why so many Republicans view Democrats as personal enemies.

Really? And here I thought all you had to do was b*&ch 18 times about something, put in more investigations than an actual national crisis [which you claimed royalties on anyway and subsequently decided not to help the victims], and go ad nauseum about it...even when the worst thing that comes off it is "carelessness".

I mean, it worked wonders to get a con-man toddler in office, even if it was by a negative mandate.
tallguy23
United States

« Reply #57 on: June 13, 2017, 08:43:51 PM »

He put Harris in her place. Does she want answers or does she want sound bites of her for 2020?

You're in a bubble. Sessions looks like an idiot. Many of his answers thus far begin with "I don't recall." He's dodging questions because he's a liar.
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #58 on: June 14, 2017, 01:58:21 AM »

All the pathetic Kamala Harris hate from blue avatars shows they must really be afraid of her if she runs for president. Sad!
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #59 on: June 14, 2017, 02:25:26 AM »

All the pathetic Kamala Harris hate from blue avatars shows they must really be afraid of her if she runs for president. Sad!
Please please please nominate her. Or Liz Warren. The Democrat I most fear is Tulsi Gabbard.
AtorBoltox

« Reply #60 on: June 14, 2017, 02:56:38 AM »

Please please please nominate her. Or Liz Warren. The Democrat I most fear is Tulsi Gabbard.
Surely the last election showed that the candidate the opposite party fears most is not actually the most electable? Dems treated trump like a joke and were afraid of Rubio
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #61 on: June 14, 2017, 04:38:00 AM »

Ehhh honestly maybe more scared than I'd be of Elizabeth Warren but to be fair, I still would give Trump an edge.

Remember, white voters have really steered away from the Democrats and even though she'd run up the PV in urban areas, it's still quite possible the EV would swing to the GOP.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #62 on: June 14, 2017, 05:09:51 AM »

Reagan wasn't much of a feared factor either, nor was Slick Willie in '92, and Obama the Celebrity? Please!

pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #63 on: June 14, 2017, 09:32:53 AM »

Ehhh honestly maybe more scared than I'd be of Elizabeth Warren but to be fair, I still would give Trump an edge.

Remember, white voters have really steered away from the Democrats and even though she'd run up the PV in urban areas, it's still quite possible the EV would swing to the GOP.

Donald Trump loses on a scale analogous to Jimmy Carter or Herbert Hoover in the popular vote if his disapproval rate is near 60%. He's going to need miracles to get into the range of approval that makes re-election possible, but his intended changes will cause great pain long before people see any positive results. Privatization will mean higher prices from added-on costs (mainly guaranteed high profits to well-connected people) before the alleged new efficiencies happen.  It is possible that people who want a clean government with a Christian emphasis in culture (abortion ban, ban on same-sex marriages), the rejection of the demagoguery of Trump,  and a right-wing agenda in economics (evisceration of unions, shifts of responsibility from the rich to the non-rich, and abolition of the welfare state) will form a Third Party or find an independent candidate to challenge Trump.

President Trump is toxic. He offends far too many people. He has already betrayed the blue-collar voters who thought that he would make life better for them. He could easily end up losing a map that looks like a combination of all states that ever voted for Obama, Bill Clinton, or even Jimmy Carter.   
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies