BREAKING: Multiple shot at Congressional baseball practice
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 03:38:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  BREAKING: Multiple shot at Congressional baseball practice
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Author Topic: BREAKING: Multiple shot at Congressional baseball practice  (Read 3931 times)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: June 14, 2017, 07:58:31 AM »

If you look in the faces of These hate mongering AntiFa thugs, you know that it will only get worse. Driven crazy by the media and Dems (Russia Russia Russia LIES!), more and more normal people get radicalized on BOTH sides!

BOTH SIDES DO IT

That's what I said but only one side is reported, the other one is far more dangerous (look at Berkeley!) and is liked by the media...

And don't forget the drug addicted AntiFa idiot who punched Richard Spencer - and there were Atlas users with the GiF in their signature...
You're just going to ignore all the people killed by Trump supporters this year?
All zero of them?
Portland, Kansas, NYC etc. don't real?
You mean the Bernie supporter who stabbed everyone in Portland?
AtorBoltox

« Reply #51 on: June 14, 2017, 08:00:29 AM »

If you look in the faces of These hate mongering AntiFa thugs, you know that it will only get worse. Driven crazy by the media and Dems (Russia Russia Russia LIES!), more and more normal people get radicalized on BOTH sides!

BOTH SIDES DO IT

That's what I said but only one side is reported, the other one is far more dangerous (look at Berkeley!) and is liked by the media...

And don't forget the drug addicted AntiFa idiot who punched Richard Spencer - and there were Atlas users with the GiF in their signature...
You're just going to ignore all the people killed by Trump supporters this year?
All zero of them?
At his arraignment on May 30, Christian began yelling a variety of slogans as soon as he entered the courtroom, screaming: "Get out if you don't like free speech. You call it terrorism, I call it patriotism. You hear me? Die."[15][23] He also yelled "Leave this country if you hate our freedom — death to Antifa!"[23]
Also nice job ignoring the two other examples
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #52 on: June 14, 2017, 08:00:50 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #53 on: June 14, 2017, 08:01:25 AM »

It was a crazy man with a gun. Trying to make this a left vs right fight is pathetic.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #54 on: June 14, 2017, 08:01:52 AM »

BOTH SIDES DO IT

All zero of them?
At his arraignment on May 30, Christian began yelling a variety of slogans as soon as he entered the courtroom, screaming: "Get out if you don't like free speech. You call it terrorism, I call it patriotism. You hear me? Die."[15][23] He also yelled "Leave this country if you hate our freedom — death to Antifa!"[23]

gollum knows perfectly well that what he said was a lie. don't bother.
AtorBoltox

« Reply #55 on: June 14, 2017, 08:02:35 AM »

This is example #737537 why America needs stricter gun laws
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #56 on: June 14, 2017, 08:05:56 AM »

Seems as if you quite enjoy this?
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #57 on: June 14, 2017, 08:06:10 AM »

This is horrible.

Also, a general suggestion to everyone: don't immediately play politics with something like this.  We don't know anything about the shooter.  He might be a leftist, or he might be an anarchist.  For all we know, he's a Trump voter.  But no matter what he is, it doesn't matter--this is wrong.

Any infos about the motives of the terrorist?

Apparently he asked if they were Reps or Dems before he shot, so apparently anti-Republican. Don't know if this claim is valid but it is being reported. Maybe he was leftist or anarchist, possibly a disgruntled vet if he was a middle aged guy with weapons training but that is just suspect profiling on my part. Will update if I hear more.

Even though we don't know the motive, people on the left preemptively making the disingenuous argument that anarchists aren't leftists.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #58 on: June 14, 2017, 08:07:09 AM »

BOTH SIDES DO IT

All zero of them?

Yeah, he'll just deflect and try to rile you up like the edge lord that he is.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #59 on: June 14, 2017, 08:07:37 AM »

Got to love it, for 8 years the right played up on how we need good guys with guns to take out the "evil libtards", promoted violence for years against Obama and others but now it might have happened on the other side and they're "enraged".  It's sickening no matter what, shouldn't happen to either side.
There were good guys with guns though, the US Capitol Police was there.

Correct, as I said it's disgusting when it happens, whether that be a congressman or a regular person.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #60 on: June 14, 2017, 08:09:44 AM »

i don't share susan's level of cynicism or edginess but it's quite exhausting to live through such events year after year after year and never see any kind of change.
SoLongAtlas
VirginiaModerate
United States
« Reply #61 on: June 14, 2017, 08:09:58 AM »

This is horrible.

Also, a general suggestion to everyone: don't immediately play politics with something like this.  We don't know anything about the shooter.  He might be a leftist, or he might be an anarchist.  For all we know, he's a Trump voter.  But no matter what he is, it doesn't matter--this is wrong.

Any infos about the motives of the terrorist?

Apparently he asked if they were Reps or Dems before he shot, so apparently anti-Republican. Don't know if this claim is valid but it is being reported. Maybe he was leftist or anarchist, possibly a disgruntled vet if he was a middle aged guy with weapons training but that is just suspect profiling on my part. Will update if I hear more.

Even though we don't know the motive, people on the left preemptively making the disingenuous argument that anarchists aren't leftists.

I won't argue it one way or the other, they can be both sides of the spectrum. Let's try to focus on the topic and not go back and forth on the side issues.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #62 on: June 14, 2017, 08:10:15 AM »

Rep. Roger Williams was also shot. No update on his condition.

Damn. Hopefully this doesn't get worse.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #63 on: June 14, 2017, 08:10:50 AM »

Got to love it, for 8 years the right played up on how we need good guys with guns to take out the "evil libtards", promoted violence for years against Obama and others but now it might have happened on the other side and they're "enraged".  It's sickening no matter what, shouldn't happen to either side.
There were good guys with guns though, the US Capitol Police was there.

Correct, as I said it's disgusting when it happens, whether that be a congressman or a regular person.
You are completely correct, this is very sad. We must be thankful to the Lord, however that nobody was killed, that we know of.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #64 on: June 14, 2017, 08:10:54 AM »

Steve Scalise who told a group of Neo-nazis he was "David Duke without baggage"? Interesting.

Also interesting how people forget that Trump called for Hillary's assassination last year and associates with the likes of Ted Nugent who called for Obama and HRC to be hung.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #65 on: June 14, 2017, 08:11:55 AM »

Coincidence? Probably so, but I'm not sure. How would that person know if Congress was supposed to talk about guns at all today?

However, the need for stricter gun restrictions has been long overdue and this incident just further proves why. No I am not saying taking away the 2nd amendment is the answer, but just make it more difficult for crimes like these being caused.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #66 on: June 14, 2017, 08:12:04 AM »

i certainly don't have a lot of sympathy for a vile piece of trash like scalise ˉ\_(ツ)_/ˉ
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #67 on: June 14, 2017, 08:13:12 AM »

If we ever wanted to know what's wrong with our country, just read some of the posts in this thread.

People were shot, and some people here are bringing up politics.
AtorBoltox

« Reply #68 on: June 14, 2017, 08:14:03 AM »

If we ever wanted to know what's wrong with our country, just read some of the posts in this thread.

The shooting of a member of congress is an explicitly political act
Klartext89

« Reply #69 on: June 14, 2017, 08:14:08 AM »

Yeah, this guy would have surely given up his weapon :-D

"Gun control" is a myth and only benefits the criminals who have always weapons.
AtorBoltox

« Reply #70 on: June 14, 2017, 08:14:47 AM »

BOTH SIDES DO IT

All zero of them?

Portland? You mean the Bernie guy on the bus?
Jeremy Joseph Christian held extremist views, posting neo-Nazi, antisemitic, and far-right material on social media,[27][28] as well as material indicating an affinity for political violence.[10] Christian described himself as a white nationalist.[29] In April 2017, Christian wrote, "I just Challenged Ben Ferencz (Last Living Nuremberg Persecutor)(sic) to a Debate in the Hague with Putin as our judge. I will defend the Nazis and he will defend the AshkeNAZIs [a reference to European Jews]".[30] He had praised Timothy McVeigh in an online posting on April 19, the anniversary of the 1995 Oklahoma City bombing;[28][31] he also "posted conspiracy theory memes from the right-wing Alex Jones Channel".[28]
Also again. interesting to see you ignore the other two examples
Klartext89

« Reply #71 on: June 14, 2017, 08:15:44 AM »

BOTH SIDES DO IT

All zero of them?

The only one telling lies here is you, smeagol ;-)
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #72 on: June 14, 2017, 08:16:36 AM »

If you think it's bad here wait till Trump makes a statement on this
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #73 on: June 14, 2017, 08:16:46 AM »

Yeah, this guy would have surely given up his weapon :-D

"Gun control" is a myth and only benefits the criminals who have always weapons.

fake german!
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #74 on: June 14, 2017, 08:18:26 AM »

If you think it's bad here wait till Trump makes a statement on this
He already did.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies