Opinion of evergreen
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 07:34:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of evergreen
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Opinion of evergreen
Freedom Fighter

Horrible Person

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 63

Author Topic: Opinion of evergreen  (Read 2003 times)
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 14, 2017, 01:51:44 PM »

RIP FF, a martyr.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2017, 02:31:31 PM »

Rest In Peace.

LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2017, 02:33:17 PM »

HP, but certainly didn't deserve a permaban
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2017, 02:36:17 PM »
« Edited: June 14, 2017, 02:38:56 PM by Crumpets »

Sad to see her go. I always thought she was more of a leftist version of Santander than Klartext or Krazen - able to perfectly skirt the line between gadfly and troll. I don't know what specific thing she was banned for though, so I don't really have a strong opinion of whether her ban was deserved or not.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2017, 02:41:05 PM »

Sad to see her go. I always thought she was more of a leftist version of Santander than Klartext or Krazen - able to perfectly skirt the line between gadfly and troll. I don't know what specific thing she was banned for though, since so I don't really have a strong opinion of whether her ban was deserved or not.

Evergreen got more "last chances" to tone down than most of those banned before. One mod in particular managed to delay what seemed almost clear ban coming some weeks ago by reaching out to her. It's disappointing, really. She toned down, but had to return to her old ways on occasion of congressional shooting today (which was what got Klaretext finally banned as well). I'm sorry, but you can't get unlimited "last warnings".

Personally, I wouldn't mind letting her back in on a probationary basis after a customary year. Nobody can claim she hadn't contributed at all.

Evergreen's heart was in the right place, the problem was something else. Voted FF for old times's sake.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2017, 03:11:49 PM »

Basically a cartoon strawman of a left-winger by a not-very-talented right-wing editorial cartoonist.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2017, 03:19:39 PM »

HP easily. Wishing Republicans to be victims of violence is inappropriate (at least).
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2017, 03:21:19 PM »

Sure, she did some horrible things, but she was left wing and she posts on AAD so it's okay.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2017, 03:43:40 PM »

Sure, she did some horrible things, but she was left wing and she posts on AAD so it's okay.
Bingo!
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2017, 03:51:13 PM »

FF, obviously. What an indictment of Bad Atlas this thread is.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2017, 03:55:19 PM »

She called me filth, or maybe it was trash, can't remember........Good judge of character.  FF
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2017, 03:56:37 PM »

Those also apply to jfern. Is he popular with the AAD crowd?
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2017, 03:58:11 PM »

She called me filth, or maybe it was trash, can't remember........Good judge of character.  FF

You can't be that filthy if you clean your bed sheets more than once a week Tongue
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2017, 04:01:03 PM »

She also told you to shut up and make her a sandwich. Have you obliged?
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2017, 04:05:23 PM »

To be fair, Jfern got rushed off of AAD if I recall correctly.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2017, 04:10:09 PM »

Hillarious fact: when Republicans hold the Presidency prior to 2009, BRTD used to vote "FF" on jfern.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2017, 05:00:27 PM »

FF - an unjustified RIP today.

And this poll is just more proof of how disgustingly Smiley Smiley Moderate Hero Smiley Smiley this place has become these days, fueled exclusively by the left-of-center crowd's Mushy Majority, while the Ridiculous Right marches us as always in lock-step toward a Deeply Disturbing, terror-fueled future.

Sad to see her go. I always thought she was more of a leftist version of Santander than Klartext or Krazen - able to perfectly skirt the line between gadfly and troll. I don't know what specific thing she was banned for though, so I don't really have a strong opinion of whether her ban was deserved or not.

All you need to know here is that once you've been banned before, it's very easy to be placed on The List and get banned for things upon return that wouldn't have got you banned in the first place. This makes it very difficult for first-time offenders to avoid becoming repeat offenders, as the only general advice they can give you upon return is something to the effect of "don't be yourself", because even they don't yet know what will end up being justifiable ban material for you in the future. It's why so many people who get temp-bans are then permabanned within one to two months of their return.

AFAIK, jfern is still posting on AAD, albeit very infrequently. Evidence suggests that he reads a lot more there than his posting history indicates: chant the magic words ("Bernie [something bad]" or "Hillary") and he'll swoop in within a few hours to make a remark.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2017, 05:04:57 PM »

Left-totalitarian with an increasingly unpleasant personality. HP.

That said, everyone should be uncomfortable with the ban, especially the way in which it seemed paired with Klartext "for balance." And it seems that at least one mod - one who in the past has been prone to hurling tantrums and pejoratives - has a vendetta at stake. There's a lack of credibility.

Yes, I'm fairly convinced that there must have been negotiations that basically amounted to "one blue avatar for one red one" in an attempt to be seen as impartial. That's why Ghostmonkey is still trolling around despite being worse than anybody else on the forum: green avatar!
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2017, 05:07:50 PM »
« Edited: June 14, 2017, 05:10:46 PM by Virginia »

All you need to know here is that once you've been banned before, it's very easy to be placed on The List and get banned for things upon return that wouldn't have got you banned in the first place. This makes it very difficult for first-time offenders to avoid becoming repeat offenders, as the only general advice they can give you upon return is something to the effect of "don't be yourself", because even they don't yet know what will end up being justifiable ban material for you in the future. It's why so many people who get temp-bans are then permabanned within one to two months of their return.

It is like a probation period - the cave doesn't hide this fact, afaik. I do not think such a period of probation is permanent, though. Maybe a few months, assuming the user's behavior is noticeably improved. You were temp banned by Leip himself, no? If you started getting a bunch of complaints/reported posts, I can imagine the cave would loathe to have to take any permanent action.

Yes, I'm fairly convinced that there must have been negotiations that basically amounted to "one blue avatar for one red one" in an attempt to be seen as impartial.

I wasn't here during that time, but looking back on the thread(s), I can assure you that wasn't the case.

As far as I can tell, it is just a case of two temp-banned users who were given final warnings and just happened to cross the line on the same day.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2017, 05:23:08 PM »

Well, we could adopt "one green avatar for one yellow avatar" policy, but libertarians are scarce nowdays, and constitution avatars are as rare as decent tweets by The Donald.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2017, 05:34:39 PM »
« Edited: June 14, 2017, 05:37:28 PM by May Hung Herself »

Now that I think about it, I'm reminded of Torie's hypothetical regarding the acceptability of banning a poster in the grounds that he or she was consistently unpleasant and rude.

No offense intended, but you haven't been very pleasant in many past instances, but I can't think of any, even the flimsiest reason to ban you and I'm pretty sure other mods feel the same way.

Being rude or a jerk by itself is not, according to my interpretation, against the ToS. It's a matter of degree, that is when being just unpleasant turns into something nastier.

Edit: I can't speak for Torie, but my bet would be he considers it a matter of degree too. Otherwise we'd have to purge 70% of our membership, including most of the mods.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2017, 08:28:55 PM »

Trump's victory seemed to drive her over the edge.  And she's not alone in that.  Presumably, ag would still be posting here if Clinton had won.  And of course, IceSpear would still be posting if Clinton had won.

Someone should write an Atlas forum timeline that documents the alternate universe in which Clinton was sworn in as prez this year rather than Trump.  Who gets banned who wasn't banned IRL and vice versa?  Who is posting more or less than RL?  What are the forum memes in Clinton's America, Part 2?
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2017, 08:36:49 PM »

I liked evergreen Sad
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2017, 08:42:38 PM »

She had a habit of going too far and I disagree profoundly with her politics, but I liked her and I think she is a good person; will especially remember her standing up for me when I responded pretty harshly to some fool who decided to start spewing bullsh**t about teh Jooz or something.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2017, 08:44:14 PM »

Massive  HP
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to: