WaPo: Mueller now investigating whether Trump obstructed justice (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:39:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  WaPo: Mueller now investigating whether Trump obstructed justice (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: WaPo: Mueller now investigating whether Trump obstructed justice  (Read 6797 times)
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« on: June 14, 2017, 05:51:03 PM »

Happy birthday President Trump Smiley
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2017, 05:56:06 PM »

I don't think Congress will impeach Trump. It's GOP controlled and he would need to hemorrhage GOP support in order for GOP to impeach

If this continues they'll have to make a choice. Keeping Trump on when he has not only blatantly obstructed justice but is also dragging the GOP down and stalling their agenda with these scandals won't be worth it.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2017, 06:52:45 PM »

I thought they'd need 19 GOP senators to switch? There's 46 Democrats, 2 Independents, and 52 Republicans. So you would need to win over 19 GOP senators to reach 67 if your baseline is 48.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2017, 08:46:48 PM »

The ultimate problem with Trumpism trying to replace the dominant ideology of the GOP is that it didn't have a clear mandate to do so. Trump was a one man army who didn't build a grassroots movement to get elected representatives running on a Trumpist platform into congress beforehand. And he also didn't have the political capital going in to negotiate from a standpoint that would allow him to craft legislation based on his ideology. He garnered only 46% of the electorate and came in with poor approval ratings which have only gone down.

Also what exactly is Trumpism? Is it becasically an Americanized version of the National Front?
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2017, 09:03:34 PM »

Also what exactly is Trumpism? Is it becasically an Americanized version of the National Front?

Trumpism is anything that Trump thinks will make people love him, and if possible, make him rich at the same time. Two of the most consistent things Trump has shown a deep desire for in life is to be talked about/liked and to hoard wealth.

I think the best description for this ideology came from TD's post about it here, "The Current Party System".

PM me tomorrow, because there are a series of posts by FuzzyBear, myself, and others that I feel adequately define what is "Trumpism." I'm too tired and lazy to find it now. I'm sorta burned out for the day on debate Tongue

I will Tongue I do think Trumpism is, in part, a global phenomena that encompasses both the left and right.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies