WaPo: Mueller now investigating whether Trump obstructed justice (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:16:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  WaPo: Mueller now investigating whether Trump obstructed justice (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: WaPo: Mueller now investigating whether Trump obstructed justice  (Read 6794 times)
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« on: June 14, 2017, 10:24:23 PM »

Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2017, 09:29:14 AM »

And making it clear that he doesn't understand that he can be guilty of obstruction even if he isn't guilty of other illegal acts.
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2017, 08:29:33 PM »

The thing is this - Trump scored a massive own goal on himself. It's unlikely there's a smoking gun of Russian collusion, but obstruction is a tough rap to beat.

I think this is likely true.  I doubt that Trump personally colluded with the Russians (let's be honest -- he doesn't even collude with his own staff), although it's conceivable that some of his associates did.  But the obstruction part seems likely based on what we've seen so far.

I doubt that Trump & Co actually sat down and  plotted out how to win the election with the active support of Russian intelligence. But I find it perfectly believable that Trump would, unprompted, say what he thought they wanted to hear, without considering any ramifications. I also would totally fail to be surprised if some of his older financial dealings with Russian interests were of very questionable legality.
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2017, 08:45:44 AM »

"The wicked flee when no man pursueth: but the righteous are bold as a lion."

Also, "Pence’s lawyer is the godfather of Comey’s daughter. That’s ‘the swamp’ for you."
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2017/06/16/pences-lawyer-is-the-godfather-of-comeys-daughter-thats-the-swamp-for-you/
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies