Reelect HenryWallaceMP to the Fremont House of Commons
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 12:39:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Reelect HenryWallaceMP to the Fremont House of Commons
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Reelect HenryWallaceMP to the Fremont House of Commons  (Read 137 times)
1978 New Wave skinny trousers
HenryWallaceVP
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 14, 2017, 11:51:32 PM »

I, HenryWallaceMP, am running for reelection to the Fremont House of Commons. I am running with the regional Liberal Democratic Party. Some of you may know me as HenryWallaceVP; however, I have changed my name to HenryWallaceMP as this user, unlike the real Henry Wallace, is a Member of Parliament, not a Vice President. After Evergreen was permanently banned, I was appointed as an MP by Prime Minister Truman. I now hope to be elected as one by the great citizens of the wonderful region of Fremont. I will now outline my platform.

Social Issues
I am a strong supporter of LGBT rights, and I applaud the the Bessell-Truman Transgender Rights Act as a triumphant success. If reelected, then I will continue to expand and build upon this masterfully crafted piece of legislation. I also believe that voter ID laws are a violation of civil rights, and if any of them exist in Fremont they must be struck down.

Climate Change
I believe that climate change is currently the biggest threat facing Fremont and Atlasia as a whole. The Fremontian tax incentives for renewable energy producers is an amazing program that will help reduce dependence on fossil fuels. I believe that to reduce carbon emissions even further, a carbon tax should be implemented.

The Economy
The living wage that exists in Fremont today is an outstanding example of the bipartisanship that exists in Fremontian politics, and if elected I will reach across the aisle to my Federalist colleagues to pass more laws that reduce poverty in Fremont. It is also remarkable that Fremont has been able to maintain stellar job growth and low unemployment while also running a budget surplus. This speaks to the abilities of Prime Minister Truman and the rest of the Fremont House of Commons. I firmly believe that the money from this surplus should be used to expand infrastructure and access to health care. This is why I am a big supporter of the proposed coast to coast rail network.

Foreign Policy
I am an internationalist, and I believe that Fremont, and all of Atlasia, cannot afford to be isolationist and go it alone. If elected, I would help forge partnerships and alliances with other friendly countries. I would only contemplate going to war if 2 of these 3 conditions were met: the invasion of an allied country, an act of genocide by a country against its people, or a country posing a feasible threat to Atlasia.

I hope that I have earned your votes.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies