Do you support Evergreen's permaban?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 01:57:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Do you support Evergreen's permaban?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Poll
Question: skip
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 112

Author Topic: Do you support Evergreen's permaban?  (Read 7314 times)
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: June 19, 2017, 09:05:35 AM »

In CC's defense, that was a sarcastic comment, as was his "abortion/beheading" kerfuffle. Evergreen's posts came from a genuine sense of malice.
Let the excuses flow!
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #76 on: June 19, 2017, 09:34:41 AM »

In CC's defense, that was a sarcastic comment, as was his "abortion/beheading" kerfuffle. Evergreen's posts came from a genuine sense of malice.
Let the excuses flow!

Isn't your side the one trying to excuse Evergreen's vile actions because "what about (user X)" and "muh moderator transparency"?
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #77 on: June 19, 2017, 09:39:44 AM »

Let the excuses flow!

Isn't your side the one trying to excuse Evergreen's vile actions because "what about (user X)" and "muh moderator transparency"?
My side? No, I disagree with the ban because the posts weren't bannable imo. I don't think CC should be banned (yet), but the two are definitely lightning rods of a sort.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #78 on: June 19, 2017, 09:43:02 AM »

Let the excuses flow!

My side? No, I disagree with the ban because the posts weren't bannable imo. I don't think CC should be banned (yet), but the two are definitely lightning rods of a sort.
She...she laughed at Steve Scales being shot
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #79 on: June 19, 2017, 09:54:35 AM »

Good point. It's just sort of depressing seeing LLR's progression from a great poster to Whiny AAD Edgelord #238.

I'm a punk/hippie/something along those lines. A punk/hippie's job is to question any authority. I'm also a cynical f[inks]. If that makes me an "AAD edgelord", so be it, but that's just my personality. Also lmao at the idea that I was ever a good poster, I've always been terrible.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #80 on: June 19, 2017, 10:01:25 AM »

Good point. It's just sort of depressing seeing LLR's progression from a great poster to Whiny AAD Edgelord #238.

I'm a punk/hippie/something along those lines. A punk/hippie's job is to question any authority. I'm also a cynical f[inks]. If that makes me an "AAD edgelord", so be it, but that's just my personality. Also lmao at the idea that I was ever a good poster, I've always been terrible.

Have you talked to the cops on the street the same way as to "the authorities" here, or it's an armchair hippie thing?

Because if you do, then I'd be freaking impressive.
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« Reply #81 on: June 19, 2017, 10:02:44 AM »

Have you talked to the cops on the street the same way as to "the authorities" here, or it's an armchair hippie thing?

I'm an atlas poster. You think I go outside?
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #82 on: June 19, 2017, 10:03:54 AM »

You're the one who left the community and immediately called it a cult. If that's not edgy, then I don't know what is.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #83 on: June 19, 2017, 10:04:23 AM »

School?
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« Reply #84 on: June 19, 2017, 10:05:52 AM »

School?

If the cops on the street performed questionable actions like the mods here do, maybe I would. (Lol no I'm too socially awkward to speak a word to anyone but that's not important)
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #85 on: June 19, 2017, 10:27:18 AM »

I thought that being a punk/hippie was also about not conforming, rather than acting like everyone else on Bad Atlas.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #86 on: June 19, 2017, 10:31:07 AM »

I thought that being a punk/hippie was also about not conforming, rather than acting like everyone else on Bad Atlas.
Even by that standard, your argument fails. You shouldn't judge him on this score by just this instance. You need to look at his entire record.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #87 on: June 19, 2017, 10:34:05 AM »

Even by that standard, your argument fails. You shouldn't judge him on this score by just this instance. You need to look at his entire record.

You're not wrong; maybe I have been a bit too harsh here. I do still hold my belief that LLR used to be a much better poster before he joined the AAD cult though.
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« Reply #88 on: June 19, 2017, 10:35:45 AM »

What are the criteria that place someone in the "AAD cult", anyway? I'm very curious because I don't really see myself as a member of that...
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #89 on: June 19, 2017, 10:37:10 AM »

TimTurner is getting into an argument??

What's next - will Kalwejt become an Antifa moderator?
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #90 on: June 19, 2017, 10:38:18 AM »

TimTurner is getting into an argument??

What's next - will Kalwejt become an Antifa moderator?
I'm defending my good friend LLR, thank you very much. Tongue
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #91 on: June 19, 2017, 10:39:50 AM »

What are the criteria that place someone in the "AAD cult", anyway? I'm very curious because I don't really see myself as a member of that...

I'd say it's a combination of obsessive hero worship of other users just because they post to AAD and hatred of anything to do with Old Atlas. Evergreen was banned for saying some fairly disgusting things, but certain people are more willing to make bullsh**t conspiracy theories than accept her permaban.
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« Reply #92 on: June 19, 2017, 10:42:55 AM »
« Edited: June 19, 2017, 10:49:45 AM by Bijou Drains »

I mean, I like to think that I'm critical of both forums, but sure, whatever you say. Again, I'm just really cynical.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #93 on: June 19, 2017, 11:36:08 AM »

I mean, I like to think that I'm critical of both forums, but sure, whatever you say. Again, I'm just really cynical.

Acting overtly outraged over some silly internet business is not exactly the mark of a "cynic".
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #94 on: June 19, 2017, 11:40:02 AM »

Acting overtly outraged over some silly internet business is not exactly the mark of a "cynic".
CC: CXSmith
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #95 on: June 19, 2017, 12:22:47 PM »

no no no....you don't get punk/hippie/goth/whatever.  If you chose to be in a "edgy" sub group like that you are REQUIRED to conform to whatever that sub group says.  You have a uniform to wear, there are words you must say and there is music you must listen to.  People in those groups have to conform way more than a regular person does.  A regular person can listen to whatever they want, say what they want and wear whatever style they want (all within reason of course)...but not if you're a hippy, hipster or "tough urban guy".

It's not a coincidence that the toxic place is an echo chamber.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #96 on: June 19, 2017, 12:53:30 PM »

Damn, CXSmith used to be such a great poster until he got into this whole Atlas Forum Cult nonsense!

Wait, nah, he was just a trash tier kid who skulked around the Worst Posts thread trying to get some cheap shots off on the good people of Old Atlas.

You know what they say about playing both sides?
Cxs is not a trash tier kid. He's a good-hearted poster with some fairly misguided ideas about AAD. He's great; he and me are friends. I'm happy to be friends with him.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #97 on: June 19, 2017, 12:57:51 PM »

Getting back on topic, I don't really think Atlas should make a distinction between trolling (bad faith posting, etc.) and genuine malice. While I don't agree with what Evergreen posted, I still don't think this was ban worthy while we allow """"ironic"""" posters to stay.

I would hope that the mod team takes bad faith into consideration when they review more posters. Or perhaps, take it more seriously.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #98 on: June 19, 2017, 12:58:57 PM »

Damn, CXSmith used to be such a great poster until he got into this whole Atlas Forum Cult nonsense!

Wait, nah, he was just a trash tier kid who skulked around the Worst Posts thread trying to get some cheap shots off on the good people of Old Atlas.

Cxs is not a trash tier kid. He's a good-hearted poster with some fairly misguided ideas about AAD. He's great; he and me are friends. I'm happy to be friends with him.

Guy has quit a forum he was an active member of for at least a year and then has spent every other post sh**t talking AAD and making up conspiracy theories about an "AAD Cult." Don't think he should get away with it without a peep!
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #99 on: June 19, 2017, 01:03:58 PM »

Guy has quit a forum he was an active member of for at least a year and then has spent every other post sh**t talking AAD and making up conspiracy theories about an "AAD Cult." Don't think he should get away with it without a peep!
The way ahead is to be less confrontational and more explanatory, not calling him trash tier.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies