Do you support Evergreen's permaban? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:00:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Do you support Evergreen's permaban? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: skip
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 112

Author Topic: Do you support Evergreen's permaban?  (Read 7494 times)
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« on: June 15, 2017, 12:13:36 AM »

Yes (sane, normal, not blinded by politics)
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2017, 09:32:05 PM »

No.

This is just a case of mods a) stalking somebody who had been previously banned, looking for any milquetoast excuse to give them the ax, and b) a result of their "balance" deal-making to get rid of multiple posters simultaneously (the impetus in this situation was Klartext).

Again, if there was a """"""""""compromise"""""""""", it's far more likely that Klartext was the one chosen to balance out things, as he had been far less pursued by moderation than Evergreen.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2017, 06:59:51 AM »

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Because we should trust whatever the mods say because they're always honest and right Roll Eyes Yes, the mods are a model to transparency who are certainly never trying to cover their asses and they would never lie or twist the truth to gain public approval. Open your eyes... Roll Eyes

Cool, I didn't know Alex Jones posts here!
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2017, 07:26:36 AM »

Good point. It's just sort of depressing seeing LLR's progression from a great poster to Whiny AAD Edgelord #238.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2017, 09:34:41 AM »

In CC's defense, that was a sarcastic comment, as was his "abortion/beheading" kerfuffle. Evergreen's posts came from a genuine sense of malice.
Let the excuses flow!

Isn't your side the one trying to excuse Evergreen's vile actions because "what about (user X)" and "muh moderator transparency"?
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2017, 10:27:18 AM »

Good point. It's just sort of depressing seeing LLR's progression from a great poster to Whiny AAD Edgelord #238.

I'm a punk/hippie/something along those lines. A punk/hippie's job is to question any authority. I'm also a cynical f[inks]. If that makes me an "AAD edgelord", so be it, but that's just my personality. Also lmao at the idea that I was ever a good poster, I've always been terrible.

I thought that being a punk/hippie was also about not conforming, rather than acting like everyone else on Bad Atlas.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2017, 10:34:05 AM »

I'm a punk/hippie/something along those lines. A punk/hippie's job is to question any authority. I'm also a cynical f[inks]. If that makes me an "AAD edgelord", so be it, but that's just my personality. Also lmao at the idea that I was ever a good poster, I've always been terrible.

I thought that being a punk/hippie was also about not conforming, rather than acting like everyone else on Bad Atlas.
Even by that standard, your argument fails. You shouldn't judge him on this score by just this instance. You need to look at his entire record.

You're not wrong; maybe I have been a bit too harsh here. I do still hold my belief that LLR used to be a much better poster before he joined the AAD cult though.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2017, 10:39:50 AM »

What are the criteria that place someone in the "AAD cult", anyway? I'm very curious because I don't really see myself as a member of that...

I'd say it's a combination of obsessive hero worship of other users just because they post to AAD and hatred of anything to do with Old Atlas. Evergreen was banned for saying some fairly disgusting things, but certain people are more willing to make bullsh**t conspiracy theories than accept her permaban.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2017, 02:25:05 PM »

For the record, I don't mind Turkisblau attempting to trash talk me. He has just as much of a right to do so as the rest of us do.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2017, 02:53:19 PM »

First of all, the "AAD Cult" I referred to was never meant to be taken literally, and that should have been blatantly obvious to anyone who has had experience with social interaction.

Second of all, when did Classic say anything regarding white supremacy? I'm not surprised that the psychopaths over at AAD delight in insulting people far younger than them, but now it's not even making sense; he was uninvolved in this issue before you brought him up.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies