Do you support Evergreen's permaban? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 03:34:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Do you support Evergreen's permaban? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: skip
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 112

Author Topic: Do you support Evergreen's permaban?  (Read 7522 times)
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« on: June 15, 2017, 04:44:34 PM »

She stepped over a line, but not the line that'd lead to a permaban
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2017, 08:05:10 PM »

I'm mildly amused that the HP rating is 9% lower than the Support Ban rating with the same number of voters. I know it could just be the same set less five FF voters replaced by five haters, you wouldn't think all people who vote HP want somebody banned on the spot. This is much tougher bar to get past.

As a no/HP voter, I am equally amused.
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2017, 08:19:45 PM »

Yes. I don't know if it was mere edginess (which is annoying on its own and banworthy as well at a certain point) but quite a few of evergreen's posts strongly implied support for violence against political opponents.

I assume you also support banning Krazen, then?

If krazen expressed such views several times like evergreen did, then yes of course.

Wasn't there a conservative poster who said something like "we should do this to liberals" on a story about someone or a group of people getting beat up? I vaguely recall that. I don't think they were banned either.

Ah yes, Classic Conservative. No idea how he's still around.
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2017, 09:00:18 AM »

In CC's defense, that was a sarcastic comment, as was his "abortion/beheading" kerfuffle. Evergreen's posts came from a genuine sense of malice.
'
Uh, no... Evergreen was just as sarcastic as CC is, probably moreso? At least she doesn't want to reclaim the holy land?
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2017, 05:33:09 AM »

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Because we should trust whatever the mods say because they're always honest and right Roll Eyes Yes, the mods are a model to transparency who are certainly never trying to cover their asses and they would never lie or twist the truth to gain public approval. Open your eyes... Roll Eyes
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2017, 05:41:57 AM »

OK, what kind of transparency would you like to see? Any more specific proposal?

I mean quite literally any transparency would be an improvement... Were we ever even informed what specific posts these two posters were banned over? And if we were informed, it was only after a s[inks]ton of asking on our part...
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2017, 05:50:52 AM »

Wait... quoting an infracted post in an official context to further transparency and increase trust in your team - clearly a good cause - might be considered trolling? Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse...
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2017, 09:54:35 AM »

Good point. It's just sort of depressing seeing LLR's progression from a great poster to Whiny AAD Edgelord #238.

I'm a punk/hippie/something along those lines. A punk/hippie's job is to question any authority. I'm also a cynical f[inks]. If that makes me an "AAD edgelord", so be it, but that's just my personality. Also lmao at the idea that I was ever a good poster, I've always been terrible.
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2017, 10:02:44 AM »

Good point. It's just sort of depressing seeing LLR's progression from a great poster to Whiny AAD Edgelord #238.

I'm a punk/hippie/something along those lines. A punk/hippie's job is to question any authority. I'm also a cynical f[inks]. If that makes me an "AAD edgelord", so be it, but that's just my personality. Also lmao at the idea that I was ever a good poster, I've always been terrible.

Have you talked to the cops on the street the same way as to "the authorities" here, or it's an armchair hippie thing?

Because if you do, then I'd be freaking impressive.

I'm an atlas poster. You think I go outside?
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2017, 10:05:52 AM »

Have you talked to the cops on the street the same way as to "the authorities" here, or it's an armchair hippie thing?

Because if you do, then I'd be freaking impressive.

I'm an atlas poster. You think I go outside?

School?

If the cops on the street performed questionable actions like the mods here do, maybe I would. (Lol no I'm too socially awkward to speak a word to anyone but that's not important)
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2017, 10:35:45 AM »

What are the criteria that place someone in the "AAD cult", anyway? I'm very curious because I don't really see myself as a member of that...
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2017, 10:42:55 AM »
« Edited: June 19, 2017, 10:49:45 AM by Bijou Drains »

I mean, I like to think that I'm critical of both forums, but sure, whatever you say. Again, I'm just really cynical.
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2017, 03:07:38 PM »

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Because we should trust whatever the mods say because they're always honest and right Roll Eyes Yes, the mods are a model to transparency who are certainly never trying to cover their asses and they would never lie or twist the truth to gain public approval. Open your eyes... Roll Eyes

Cool, I didn't know Alex Jones posts here!

Well, there must be something in the water turning us all gay.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies