Don't Ask, Don't Tell
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 11:07:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Don't Ask, Don't Tell
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Don't Ask, Don't Tell  (Read 907 times)
Emsworth
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 10, 2005, 04:32:59 PM »

Honorable Senators,

I feel that the policy of "Don't ask, don't tell" is one that keeps qualified men and women out of our armed forces for no good reason. The discrimination against homosexuals in the military shocks the conscience and is against all principles of equality and justice. It serves no conceivable strategic or tactical military purpose. At a time when the military is already suffering from low enlistment, it becomes even more important that qualified individuals should not be excluded.

Therefore, I request any member of the Senate to introduce the following legislation:

Military Readiness Enhancement Bill

1.The Armed Forces of Atlasia shall not prevent from enlisting, punish, discharge, or discriminate against individuals on the grounds of sexual orientation.

2. Any person discharged from the Armed Forces on the grounds of sexual orientation shall be permitted to re-enlist, if otherwise eligible.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2005, 04:36:10 PM »

Honorable Senators,

I feel that the policy of "Don't ask, don't tell" is one that keeps qualified men and women out of our armed forces for no good reason. The discrimination against homosexuals in the military shocks the conscience and is against all principles of equality and justice. It serves no conceivable strategic or tactical military purpose. At a time when the military is already suffering from low enlistment, it becomes even more important that qualified individuals should not be excluded.

Therefore, I request any member of the Senate to introduce the following legislation:

1.The Armed Forces of Atlasia shall not prevent from enlisting, punish, discharge, or discriminate against individuals on the grounds of sexual orientation.

2. Any person discharged from the Armed Forces on the grounds of sexual orientation shall be permitted to re-enlist, if otherwise eligible.

I will. I've been proposing most of your stuff.

As Senator Goldwater said, "I don't care if your straight as long as you can shoot straight."
Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2005, 05:01:40 PM »

Honorable Senators,

I will. I've been proposing most of your stuff.

As Senator Goldwater said, "I don't care if your straight as long as you can shoot straight."
Thank you.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2005, 05:14:09 PM »

OMG, but then the whole army will be teh gay.  Shocked Shocked Shocked

jk
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2005, 05:18:57 PM »

OMG, but then the whole army will be teh gay.  Shocked Shocked Shocked

jk

Well, according to Fred Phelps, it already is.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2005, 05:51:58 PM »

As Secretary of Defense, I strongly support this-- it is impractical and immoral to discriminate against one segment of the population during times of peace and war.  From what I understand, a large number of Arabic translators are homosexual.  Sending them home because they are outed when we need Arabic translators is bad for Atlasia in many ways.
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2005, 08:25:55 PM »

Oh bother, Colin took my quote. Sad

Wink
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies