Steve King: Obama caused Shooting
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:05:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Steve King: Obama caused Shooting
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Steve King: Obama caused Shooting  (Read 1472 times)
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 15, 2017, 12:58:16 PM »

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/337957-gop-rep-obama-partly-responsible-for-political-divide-that-led

Roll Eyes
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2017, 01:27:12 PM »

"How stupid are the people of Iowa?"
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2017, 01:28:47 PM »

Should probably be pointed out that King's Democratic opponent dropped out of the race because she and her family were receiving death threats. When asked about this, King did give a statement on the matter - he claimed she was lying. A+ work unifying Americans, Steve.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2017, 01:36:19 PM »

Unfortunately, those "stupid" people have votes that matter more than most Americans, as long as the electoral college is in place, they must be catered to, no matter what the cost. In this case, the cost may be admitting that Obama was too partisan.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2017, 01:37:01 PM »

One day after a horrific shooting, and the freaks in The House come-out of their slimy hole.
These people have no shame .... no humanity.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2017, 02:01:54 PM »

One day after a horrific shooting, and the freaks in The House come-out of their slimy hole.
These people have no shame .... no humanity.

Oh, but they are all too human, all too  human.
Clarence Boddicker

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -5.91

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2017, 02:09:41 PM »

Biggest POS in Congress
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2017, 02:13:31 PM »

It is truly a shame that this bigoted douchebag will likely stay in Congress.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2017, 02:48:05 PM »
« Edited: June 15, 2017, 02:50:42 PM by JA »

Sean Hannity Blames ‘Dehumanizing’ Democrats for Congress Shooting

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Quite hypocritical coming from the guy who just last week had on Eric Trump who called people opposed to Trump "not even people."

It didn't take the real right-wing fanatics very long to politicize a tragedy. It's bad enough when idiots online do it, but when elected officials and people like Hannity, who have a large audience, do it - that's on a different level altogether. It's irresponsible and reprehensible.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2017, 03:37:37 PM »

I shall never forgive Obama he hadn't ordered a drone stroke on King at 11.00 am January 20, 2017.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2017, 06:23:11 AM »

Notice, by the way, how blaming Obama or Bernie Sanders for this is fair game, but mention a single word about gun control and you're "politicizing tragedy."  I've never been a big proponent of tight gun control laws, but the way they deflect on this issue is very obvious and something only idiots (i.e. Americans) would fail to see.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2017, 06:47:27 AM »

Indeed. Barack Obama is one of the least divisive persons in politics.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2017, 07:01:48 AM »

If you look up the word "hypocrisy" in the dictionary you're going to find a picture of Steve King there.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2017, 09:28:06 AM »

Sean Hannity Blames ‘Dehumanizing’ Democrats for Congress Shooting*

Sean Hannity is of course an insufferable... and the vulgar word for anal sphincter fails to recognize that that necessary opening is preferable to a colostomy. He has had the same character at least as long as he has been on FoX Propaganda Channel.   

...and what if they are  “racist and sexist and misogynistic and Islamophobic and homophobic and xenophobic”? Do people deserve a break for such when running for public office? Sure, they cannot be banned from public office for such. It is up to voters to decide whether they want such politicians.   

One horrible incident, one solved with the shooting death of the perpetrator.  Nobody is making this violent person into a new John Brown (1800-1859) or anything like that.

Regrettable as it is, I must consider ISIS leadership, Bashir Assad, and Charles Manson 'human'. Evil, but still human. Where one stands on a partisan divide does not define whether one has or lacks the right to live. But this said, I won't shed any tears when ISIS leadership is defeated, tried, and hanged... for their abominations against the most basic rules of human decency. Demonizing people for their political views? What sort of leader do we have -- Hitler? Stalin? Satan Hussein?

I distrusted Donald Trump in 2016, and if I must move to a country like Chile (where people have good cause to know the value of political freedom after what they endured from 1973 to 1990) I will do so. We Americans don't recognize how precious political freedom is because unless we come from Castro's Cuba, the former Soviet Union or its satellites, China, Iraq, Iran, or some other recent political Hell-holes, we cannot know what life under dictatorship is... except that we could be finding out the hard way.

I know what a nasty creature a house cat is to any creature smaller than itself except perhaps a smaller dog  (no surprise, because small dogs like Yorkshire tigers are very cat-like)... but a cat has an excuse for being a tiger or leopard except for size. But this said, I am a Trump opponent because I disagree with his agenda and personality, and I saw him an ominous character before the election due to his demagoguery. When we start seeing people as less than human for their political beliefs we enter the zone of Hitler against Jews and Stalin against kulaks. Now that is dangerous. 

Even if I had many of the same political values as the late James Hodgkinson I had no proclivity for political violence. But anyone who calls political opponents less than human often have plans for stripping the physical humanity out of them by killing them quickly (bullet to the back of the head) or slowly (compulsory toil to exhaustion on starvation rations). I cannot say which is worse. 

Ehen the political establishment includes people like Ilya Rosenberg  (Stalin), Julius Streicher (Hitler) or Froduald Karamira (advocate of the Rwanda massacres)  we have much more trouble than some isolated nutcase in fringe zones on the Web.

*It is with Sean Hannity and Eric Trump that I disagree.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2017, 09:33:22 AM »

Neo-nazi White supremacists are giving commentary on divisiveness? Interesting.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2017, 09:42:12 AM »

While Obama was terribly divisive, Steve King is not the right person to talk about it.
kyc0705

« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2017, 12:17:23 PM »

All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2017, 12:31:29 PM »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_projection
Pages: [1]