Quick question (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:51:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Quick question (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Quick question  (Read 994 times)
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« on: June 17, 2017, 01:49:09 PM »

Yeah, I introduced a constitutional amendment to address this months ago, but it's still stuck in Congress.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2017, 09:14:03 PM »

So better yet, tell them to stop obstructing Truman's flawlessly beautiful texts. Tongue
You'd think people would have figured this out by now, but alas. Wink
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2017, 05:48:30 PM »

I know this might be a little off topic, but am I reading it right. People are allowed to campaign in the voting booths?

well there is a toothless statute on the matter, but the court ruled it violated the constitution's right to vote provision.

Truman's original text of the Voting Rights Amendment had that in it, but it was voted out by 3 Senators (Scott, R2D2 and Siren) because "it had already been done previously". And even though I previously pointed out that it hadn't, the amendment was still adopted.

Well, I don't understand why you would remove the text out? Should people be able to go vote without having people try to push them toward on candidate or campaigning. Maybe I am missing something here because I am new and don't full know things yet, but It seems kinda dumb to not to do everything you can to make the voting booths a place where people can go without being push or pressed into voting one way of the other.
Yeah, you're absolutely right. For the record, I am hereby reserving the right to say "I told you so" when this inevitably becomes a problem.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2017, 11:40:24 AM »

I fear there could be different views of what constitutes campaining.
...which is why my original proposal included this definition:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

For the record, this does not include hypothetical write-in votes for Lucifer or emoticons, as a "statement" is defined as a grammatical unit containing both a subject and a verb. It would also have left valid the traditional write-in favorite, "All of these candidates are great/are terrible," as such applies to the entire slate, as opposed to a particular candidate.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies