Quick question (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:54:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Quick question (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Quick question  (Read 993 times)
Vern
vern1988
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.30, S: -0.70

P P P

« on: June 19, 2017, 11:47:56 PM »

I know this might be a little off topic, but am I reading it right. People are allowed to campaign in the voting booths?
Vern
vern1988
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.30, S: -0.70

P P P

« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2017, 12:05:43 AM »

I know this might be a little off topic, but am I reading it right. People are allowed to campaign in the voting booths?

well there is a toothless statute on the matter, but the court ruled it violated the constitution's right to vote provision.

Truman's original text of the Voting Rights Amendment had that in it, but it was voted out by 3 Senators (Scott, R2D2 and Siren) because "it had already been done previously". And even though I previously pointed out that it hadn't, the amendment was still adopted.

Well, I don't understand why you would remove the text out? Should people be able to go vote without having people try to push them toward on candidate or campaigning. Maybe I am missing something here because I am new and don't full know things yet, but It seems kinda dumb to not to do everything you can to make the voting booths a place where people can go without being push or pressed into voting one way of the other.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies