Death threats, rape threats pouring into "Shakespeare" companies and theaters
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:34:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Death threats, rape threats pouring into "Shakespeare" companies and theaters
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Death threats, rape threats pouring into "Shakespeare" companies and theaters  (Read 2644 times)
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2017, 05:59:14 PM »
« edited: June 17, 2017, 06:01:46 PM by The Gianforte Covfefe »

Trumpists have been disrupting the plays performance. I applaud this.

Of course you do you jackbooted Thug.

Jesus Christ, you are one triggering moment away from wearing going full kristallnacht Ford if you're a trump aren't you?
I fail to see how one woman running on stage and calling the crowd out is comparable to antifa cracking skulls on campuses, but whatever.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/u-s-hate-crimes-20-percent-2016-fueled-election-campaign-n733306

But keep shouting "muh antifa" to justify the murder and harrassment done by your buddies.

"reformed" my ass

Well, if he thinks protests should be violent now...

Imagine if like 30% of the political ads next year are press beatings, campus beatings, police brutality, theatere violence, and terrorist attacks?
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2017, 06:01:26 PM »

It's all rather vile. And the reaction of corporate sponsors pulling out reminds me how uneasy I was at the "victory" of getting sponsors to withdraw from various trashy tabloid right outlets - all it does is highlight the degree to which corporations control the arts, and will protect their bottom line by any means.

And yes, one would have to be an extraordinary dunce to think that Julius Caesar advocates for political assisinations; not to mention the play (like most of Shakespeare's tragedies) is constantly reappriaoted to fit in with contemporary figures - heck Shakespeare himself was probably writing with a certain senile queen in mind.

Caesar's assassins are clearly and definitively shown as making a wrong and calamitous decision and paying for it with their lives and the destruction of everything they believe in. Anyone who comes out of that play thinking "Shakespeare supports assassination" missed the entire point of the production. Brutus and Cassius lose everything and destroy the last vestiges of the Republic they loved and ended up losing their own lives as Caesar's vengeful heirs use the tragedy to consolidate power.

This. If anything, we should send any liberal we suspect might want to do something rash and stupid to go watch this production and learn from Brutus's mistake.
EnglishPete

« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2017, 06:09:49 PM »

Jesus Christ, you are one triggering moment away from wearing going full kristallnacht Ford if you're a trump aren't you?
I fail to see how one woman running on stage and calling the crowd out is comparable to antifa cracking skulls on campuses, but whatever.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/u-s-hate-crimes-20-percent-2016-fueled-election-campaign-n733306

But keep shouting "muh antifa" to justify the murder and harrassment done by your buddies.

"reformed" my ass

These highly dubious statistics about a 'wave of hate crime' have already been repeatedly debunked. There is no 'increase in hate crimes' and indeed some of those mentioned the the article, specifically the Jewish center bomb threats, have since been proven to be hoaxes.

Left wing antifa violence on the other hand is a real phenomena.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2017, 06:15:43 PM »

"reformed" my ass

These highly dubious statistics about a 'wave of hate crime' have already been repeatedly debunked. There is no 'increase in hate crimes' and indeed some of those mentioned the the article, specifically the Jewish center bomb threats, have since been proven to be hoaxes.

I see you never back up your posts with actual evidence.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2017, 06:35:40 PM »

"reformed" my ass

Because everyone hates him because they aint him and want to kill him right?
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2017, 10:07:02 PM »

I have always considered myself more of a Mark Antony.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2017, 03:44:32 PM »

"reformed" my ass

Because everyone hates him because they aint him and want to kill him right?
....maybe?
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2017, 06:31:35 PM »

"reformed" my ass

Do you have a source better then your rear end?
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2017, 08:59:16 PM »

"reformed" my ass

Do you have a source better then your rear end?

In all seriousness, I think I figured out Sanchez's belief system here. I'll start with the caveat that of course things like car wrecks or random crime, gunshot accidents comma or frankly probably even lightning strikes or bee stings carry more threat of death or Serious injury and political violence this time, but to the extent that it does exist and we debate it it's important to keep these relative facts in mind.

By any reasonable standard the Republican Party, first and foremost with Trump actively and explicitly encouraging violence on counter-protesters from his all too willing supporters comma and every track of hate crimes committed since the election, show that a right-wing assault on left-wing demonstrators is far far far more likely than the latter. However, Sanchez has zero chance of being a victim of such an incident.

Conversely, where is no Democrat supports the handful antifa anarchist thugs around Berkeley and the like nor is the concept of violence against one's political enemy supported by any major figure like Clinton or Sanders - - again, and tirely unlike Trump - - because antifa thugs do actually exist, although there threat and impact on overall political violence is negligible compared to right-wing violence directed from the president on down comma Sanchez personally has a greater than 0% chance of falling prey to it. Therefore a threat ten times as great to society as large is less important to him than one that carries at least some negligible threat to him when the former does not. And that's the threat of anti-fog because it has at least some negligible personal threat to he and his friends, stands out 10 times stronger in his mind than it actually is, and conversely the threat of trump East is beating somewhat having zero threat to him personally is easy to minimize.

Yeah, kind of sad
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2017, 09:01:00 PM »

I've had rocks thrown at my windows, Badger. I was also on a bus that was literally freaking rocked by Bernie supporters with the Lt. Governor of Florida on board.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2017, 09:35:57 PM »

I've had rocks thrown at my windows, Badger. I was also on a bus that was literally freaking rocked by Bernie supporters with the Lt. Governor of Florida on board.

With that kind of experience, I suppose your reaction is understandable.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2017, 09:39:23 PM »

I posted about this at the time. Another poster dug up video IIRC.

Ironically I'm friends with the rock thrower now, and he doesn't even know it. He didn't crack my window so I have no lasting malice.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2017, 10:29:16 PM »

Friendly reminder that evergreen was banned for less than this!
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2017, 10:41:36 PM »

Disrupting a play. Not death threats or rape threats. I applaud interrupting a play. You know what I meant.
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2017, 11:09:16 PM »

Disrupting a play. Not death threats or rape threats. I applaud interrupting a play. You know what I meant.

Knowing you I'm gonna call BS on that.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #40 on: June 18, 2017, 11:16:05 PM »

Ironically I'm friends with the rock thrower now, and he doesn't even know it. He didn't crack my window so I have no lasting malice.

Link? I'm not doubting you, I'm just genuinely interested in seeing it.

What window was the rock thrower throwing at? Your house? Your car? Your bus window in the incident you described? And how did you come across to be friends with him?

You would know better than I whether or not it's worth dredging up, but friend or not you really should call him on that as he should rightfully be shamed for such violence. If he is in fact friends with you now he should have the guts and balls to apologize, and realize that there's a human face behind political disagreement and violence.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #41 on: June 18, 2017, 11:18:48 PM »

Link? I'm not doubting you, I'm just genuinely interested in seeing it.

What window was the rock thrower throwing at? Your house? Your car? Your bus window in the incident you described? And how did you come across to be friends with him?

You would know better than I whether or not it's worth dredging up, but friend or not you really should call him on that as he should rightfully be shamed for such violence. If he is in fact friends with you now he should have the guts and balls to apologize, and realize that there's a human face behind political disagreement and violence.
No, I plan on bringing it up in our next heated debate and taking him by surprise with it? Tongue

The rock hit my window. He didn't throw it hard, and it left a barely noticeable scratch and thankfully no crack. I had a Trump sign in it. He yelled "lock him up" as he did it, and then took off. The light throw suggests he had trepidation before doing it.

Searching the video now.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #42 on: June 18, 2017, 11:43:16 PM »

I will point out (again) that you can find people committing violence among any political persuasion. Equating that with a major political party whose own prominent leaders and elected officials regularly preach and practice political violence is comparing apples and rhododendrons.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #43 on: June 18, 2017, 11:54:57 PM »

The threats are horrible overall, but what is with the rape threats? I think some of these people have issues that go way beyond politics.
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #44 on: June 19, 2017, 12:10:19 AM »

The threats are horrible overall, but what is with the rape threats? I think some of these people have issues that go way beyond politics.

The alt rightists are the kind of scum and love the idea of raping women for saying things.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #45 on: June 19, 2017, 02:02:01 AM »

This is the kind of thread that makes people think atlas is toxic.

But seriously, what can be said has already been said. The people who send death/rape threats in are complete and utter idiots. Not only is the play about assassination being a bad thing and quite unwise, they have used previous holders of the Oval Office for Caesar, so it's literally being fair to both sides, so there's no point in getting outraged about it.
vanguard96
United States

« Reply #46 on: June 21, 2017, 12:36:54 AM »

Ridicule & exposure obviously not enough for some  who follow the left's Alinsky disruptive tactics. We all know both sides have people paid to protest or in the case of kids there is usually a dissatisfied adult teacher or admin encouraging them.

Admit it, the play with a black bald Obama-like Caesar in 2012 was not playing in Central Park, sponsored by American Express, and touted by a CNN anchor. It was a much smaller Minnesota theater.

A good number of people don't care to hear that a major company that appeals to a wide range of people that props up a production which gives a select number of Trump haters a good time every night with a vicarious assassination of their least favorite President ever.

At least this is the last of this play but not the last virtual or symbolic violence against political figures.

Given the attack at the baseball practice it is obvious to see it can lead to a downward spiral.
The Self
Rookie
« Reply #47 on: June 21, 2017, 01:29:47 AM »

lmao

"Libertarians" remain some of the most easily triggered people on the planet.
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #48 on: June 21, 2017, 02:17:41 AM »

The alt rightists are the kind of scum and love the idea of raping women for saying things.

The alt right definitely have issues with women but they don't really care about this issue. They don't even like Trump that much anymore.

All of the threats quoted in this article appear to be from normie boomer conservatives, not the alt right.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #49 on: June 21, 2017, 02:48:45 AM »

I will point out (again) that you can find people committing violence among any political persuasion. Equating that with a major political party whose own prominent leaders and elected officials regularly preach and practice political violence is comparing apples and rhododendrons.

True, but the fact that unlike just about anybody on this forum I can think of Sanchez experienced it up front. Therefore it is easy for him to miss conflate the impact of each big picture rather than his own personal experience. It's not that strange a psychological affect.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies