College World Series
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:12:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  College World Series
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: College World Series  (Read 1130 times)
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 17, 2017, 11:52:35 AM »

Starts today!

My preference order:

1. Texas A&M
2. LSU

3. Florida

4. TCU

5. Florida St.
6. Louisville
7. Cal State Fullerton

8. Oregon St.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2017, 01:45:46 PM »

I fully expect the Beavers to win, and I sort of hope they do, but I think it's more important that they win next year with Heimlich. Totally disgraceful what the dishonest media did to him. This country is a complete mess with our priorities. I'm glad I've seen so many compassionate comments from folks in ordinary places who would typically wish to condemn him to be brutally murdered.

I'll be modestly happy so long as TCU or Florida doesn't win. I'd also prefer A&M not to catch up to us in number of total championships (they are the second or third biggest threat behind Arizona and perhaps Duke).

So, yeah, go Beavers - take home championship #4 and cap off this most historic season. Nothing against the rest of the others.
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2017, 06:04:05 PM »

I fully expect the Beavers to win, and I sort of hope they do, but I think it's more important that they win next year with Heimlich. Totally disgraceful what the dishonest media did to him. This country is a complete mess with our priorities. I'm glad I've seen so many compassionate comments from folks in ordinary places who would typically wish to condemn him to be brutally murdered.

I'll be modestly happy so long as TCU or Florida doesn't win. I'd also prefer A&M not to catch up to us in number of total championships (they are the second or third biggest threat behind Arizona and perhaps Duke).

So, yeah, go Beavers - take home championship #4 and cap off this most historic season. Nothing against the rest of the others.

How the media has treated Heimlich is worse than molesting a 6-year old?  Yes, he was just a kid, but those actions were despicable.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2017, 08:08:35 PM »

How the media has treated Heimlich is worse than molesting a 6-year old?  Yes, he was just a kid, but those actions were despicable.
Agreed. If Heimlich had been 7 or something, you could say he was too young to understand what he was doing. But instead he was 15, and he did it repeatedly for over a year. He's a scumbag, and so is Oregon State head coach Pat Casey (someone I've previously been a big fan of) for giving him a spot on the team.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2017, 08:32:11 PM »

LSU is now my #2 in honor of Scalisse.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2017, 08:44:23 PM »

I wonder how are Polanski defenders feel about this.  Probably not ...ahem....Beavers fans.  Probably more into the Wichita State Shockers. Wink
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2017, 10:57:03 AM »

Please stop.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2017, 11:06:54 PM »

Wait is he really  defending molestation?

Anyway I'm plugging for LSU since I know about zip about college baseball
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2017, 02:48:55 PM »
« Edited: June 24, 2017, 02:53:43 PM by End Abortion Now!! »

It's worked out that we have two national semifinals today, with #1 Oregon St. taking on #4 LSU, and #3 Florida playing #6 TCU (#2 UNC lost to Davidson in the regional round of the NCAAs).  LSU and TCU staved off elimination against OSU and Florida yesterday to force these decisive games.  I'm strongly pulling for both SEC teams to give us an all-SEC Finals.  In the first semifinal, LSU has a 3-0 lead on Oregon St. in the third inning.

What is crazy is that we have four national seeds (top eight teams) among the final four teams.  That hasn't happened since 2011, and, over the last three years, only 3 of the 12 semifinalists were among the top eight seeds.  Last year, Coastal Carolina was a true Cinderella national champion (and Virginia in 2015 was a very low seed, but a very good team).
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2017, 04:54:01 PM »

LSU eliminates Oregon St.!  I will be rooting for them in the Finals against either Florida or TCU, but I would much rather Florida win it than TCU.  Most of all, though, I'm relieved that the title will remain in the South for the fourth straight year!
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2017, 05:11:03 PM »

So if Sicko Heimlich doesn't "forget" to reregister as a sex offender, he plays in the CWS, and Oregon State probably wins either yesterday or today.

So not only did he destroy the life of his victim, he ruined his own team's season and prevented them from being crowned the greatest college baseball team ever, and probably handed this national title to this douchebag:
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2017, 06:33:06 PM »

LSU eliminates Oregon St.!  I will be rooting for them in the Finals against either Florida or TCU, but I would much rather Florida win it than TCU.  Most of all, though, I'm relieved that the title will remain in the South for the fourth straight year!

why do you hate Oregon teams so much.

ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2017, 07:05:50 PM »

I don't have an intrinsic hate for Oregon teams (I did root for Oregon over Ohio St. in the CFP three years ago), but I am a SEC homer (and the rest of the South, to a lesser extent).  Plus, I would rather the conservative fans be happy than the liberal ones!
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2017, 07:10:11 PM »

I don't have an intrinsic hate for Oregon teams (I did root for Oregon over Ohio St. in the CFP three years ago), but I am a SEC homer (and the rest of the South, to a lesser extent). Plus, I would rather the conservative fans be happy than the liberal ones!

I hate the SEC for one reason , they get away with so many things any other teams wouldnt be able to get away with
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2017, 10:17:28 PM »

I've always found the fandom of conferences among college sports fans to be weird.  This rarely happens for fans of pro-teams.  If you're a fan of LSU, why would you want Florida to win it all?  They are your rivals.  It happens to most college conferences, but the SEC seems to be the worst by far with it.  It's like they take more pride in the conference than they do in their own team.  I guess it makes sense if you're a Vandy fan for some stupid reason.
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2017, 11:16:54 PM »

I've always found the fandom of conferences among college sports fans to be weird.  This rarely happens for fans of pro-teams.  If you're a fan of LSU, why would you want Florida to win it all?  They are your rivals.  It happens to most college conferences, but the SEC seems to be the worst by far with it.  It's like they take more pride in the conference than they do in their own team.  I guess it makes sense if you're a Vandy fan for some stupid reason.

Ding. Ding. Ding.  We did win it all in baseball in 2014, though.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2017, 10:25:22 PM »
« Edited: June 27, 2017, 10:32:31 PM by Sprouts Farmers Market ✘ »

After moving down a spot with the loss in the Women's College World Series, Florida retakes sole possession of 15th place in the NCAA Championship rankings and ties Penn State with 23 championships this century (most excluding the advantaged Three California Powers). Schools ahead (Ohio St, Princeton, Berkeley, perhaps UNC) should feel quite threatened by this pace.

LSU has now won just one championship in the past five academic calendar years and blows yet another chance to make some movement towards the top five.

Not happy about either fact, but just doing my duty to share that LSU has been left behind. A very disheartening end to a very tough academic year (following one of the best ever).
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2017, 10:29:26 PM »

I'm now 0-6 in rooting in big sports title games/series in 2017 (thanks for nothing, Alabama, Falcons, Gonzaga, Preds, Cavs, and LSU)!

That call in the seventh inning may have technically been correct, but it was so counter-intuitive and changed the course of the game tonight.
vanguard96
United States

« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2017, 12:45:15 PM »

I've always found the fandom of conferences among college sports fans to be weird.  This rarely happens for fans of pro-teams.  If you're a fan of LSU, why would you want Florida to win it all?  They are your rivals.  It happens to most college conferences, but the SEC seems to be the worst by far with it.  It's like they take more pride in the conference than they do in their own team.  I guess it makes sense if you're a Vandy fan for some stupid reason.

No, Vandy alums & fans don't either. That's a pretty low remark - like Steve Spurrier when he was coaching the Redskins.

Baseball is not football - and Vandy has a better recent run than a lot of teams even in their conference which has its fair share of title winners.

You know we're real fans because we've had so few successes - except in baseball the last 5 years - 3 CWS appearances and 1 title. When I went there we were not as good - made it to the regionals a few times.

The fans I don't understand are those that are say - UK fans in hoops and UT fans in football. Could you get any more fair weather than that? At least with college baseball it is sort of a sport you have to show some dedication for to follow beyond the CWS because it is not reported all over the place by ESPN, Fox Sports, etc's main site/shows. So I think there are fewer bandwagon fans who will root for a different college baseball team than the other sports.

Obviously if they are a fan of a team with no football that's good in hoops and baseball - like say Wichita State - then it makes sense to be a K-State fan or even a national team from outside your region.

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies